installed cm11 on droid x now laggy help!!

Search This thread

trishaw84

May 6, 2014
OK so I'm new to the whole rom world but I managed to install cm11 on my droid x. Now its laggy the browser, certain games, random reboots etc. I wasn't using the phone for calls etc now I want to put minutes on it but I want to try to fix it first.
I had stock gingerbread before installing cm11. I found the instructions on how to install the ROM on this forum and everything did fine it just lags horribly. Is there something I can do that's simple to fix it? Can I try cm10? If so what do i need to do since I am using cm11? Also I did this all with no PC just installed the proper apps and files in the instructions listed for installing cm11 on the droid x. Thanks for any help

tcc1

Oct 6, 2009
OK so I'm new to the whole rom world but I managed to install cm11 on my droid x. Now its laggy the browser, certain games, random reboots etc. I wasn't using the phone for calls etc now I want to put minutes on it but I want to try to fix it first.
I had stock gingerbread before installing cm11. I found the instructions on how to install the ROM on this forum and everything did fine it just lags horribly. Is there something I can do that's simple to fix it? Can I try cm10? If so what do i need to do since I am using cm11? Also I did this all with no PC just installed the proper apps and files in the instructions listed for installing cm11 on the droid x. Thanks for any help

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.