[APP] SwitchMe - share your device [ROOT PROFILE MANAGER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Switched to the Infinity (not through Best Buy method, btw),just wanted to +1 this app here. Will install the app after checkups and unlock/rooting...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Great App. Working fine.

Thanks guys - if you like it, please rate it on the Play Store. This app has suffered from lots of noob ratings like "doesn't work on cm10 alpha for the HP touch pad".

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
The idea is good but it needs work. It shouldn't reboot every time u log out and choose some on else. It just seems inefficient

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
The idea is good but it needs work. It shouldn't reboot every time u log out and choose some on else. It just seems inefficient

Yes well lots of things "seem" inefficient to people when when they dont understand the underlying logic - politics, the derivative economy, programming...

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys. Heres an update with some critical fixes:

Added compatibility for Galaxy Note
Fixed switch screen issue on OTA updates and wipes
Reworked wipe profile behavior

Reactions: cartmenicus

myeepad

Jul 30, 2011
Is there any way that I can schedule automatic profile changes? e.g. from 9 to 5, it is on work profile, 5 to 11, home profile and 11 to next morning it is on sleep profile?

That will be a big bonus to this wonderful app..

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Is there any way that I can schedule automatic profile changes? e.g. from 9 to 5, it is on work profile, 5 to 11, home profile and 11 to next morning it is on sleep profile?

That will be a big bonus to this wonderful app..

Not yet, but its something we have thought about. Trouble is it would involve many many changes.

myeepad

Jul 30, 2011
Not yet, but its something we have thought about. Trouble is it would involve many many changes.

Thanks, good it is thought of and I know you can do it, we just need to wait a bit longer for that...

Again, I love this app and have been recommending to many of my colleagues...

0x000

Sep 2, 2010
now that TF300 is receiving the JB update, i assume there'll be an update for TF700 within a few days/weeks. i started using switchme (with key; currently only one profile, deleted the test profiles again and not using fast switch) and i'm wondering if the upgrade will work or whether i have to uninstall the app? will uninstalling the app actually reverse your changes? e.g. i just found out that (i guess it was this app :) the external SD card is not mounted under /Removable anymore but under /mnt/sdcard/external_sd.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
We recently made changes that should make the ota process much more directly compatible, so you don't even have to disable the switch screen.!

myeepad

Jul 30, 2011
Report: Not Working Properly with MultiPicture Live Wallpaper

Thanks for this fantastic app. I have been using it for almost a week and noticed that it does not run well with MultiPicture Live Wallpaper.

I have MPLW installed on 2 profiles, each using a different picture folder as my picture source. When I switch from one profile to another, the MPLW cannot change the wallpapers any more. I have to reconfigure i.e. Settings-Common Settings-Picture Source, to select another source for it to work again. I have to redo this again when I switch to the other profile.

Would you mind looking into that?

Thanks.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for this fantastic app. I have been using it for almost a week and noticed that it does not run well with MultiPicture Live Wallpaper.

I have MPLW installed on 2 profiles, each using a different picture folder as my picture source. When I switch from one profile to another, the MPLW cannot change the wallpapers any more. I have to reconfigure i.e. Settings-Common Settings-Picture Source, to select another source for it to work again. I have to redo this again when I switch to the other profile.

Would you mind looking into that?

Thanks.

Please, write through the app, we will have a look. Be sure to include the name of the app in question.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Guys there have been reports of the app being blank sometimes. Im trying to work out if this is something to do with superuser vs supersu. If youve experienced this, please let me know and be sure to tell me which of the two youre using...

kokoon

Mar 9, 2010
Anything to report? Issues or suggestions?

Hello, fresh TF700T user here.

SwitchMe is working, but not if I enable fast-switching. It just hangs while booting after user switch (the circular loader under ASUS logo keeps spinning indefinitely)

I'm on Jelly Bean now, fast switching WAS working on ICS (just checked before I upgraded), but not any more.
Other than that, thanks for the great app, I'm using the free version at the moment, but will consider upgrading to paid version if switching can be made faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SwitchMe - share your device!

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple user spaces just as you would on a desktop computer, with each profile having its own separate system settings, apps and data.

Some of the benefits of this technology:

Privacy
    Securely share one device among many users, protect your accounts with passwords and log out automatically.

Kids
    Create a profile for the kids, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with.

Gaming
    Overclock your profile for maximum performance in intensive games

Speed
    Imagine a buttery smooth profile, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down.

Testing
    Create a sandbox profile to easily test applications and themes - no more nandroid nightmares!

Battery
    Switch to a profile which only contains the essentials to save power through brute force.

Critical usage warning:

Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through the device recovery.

READ THE HELP FILE CAREFULLY TO AVOID ISSUES

Without the Key, this application allows a maximum of 2 profiles and no security features.

Only the standard Android implementation of Apps2SD is currently supported. Use all others at your own risk.

Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create secondary profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low.

Stay tuned for new features, and please rate the application by pressing the star button on the main screen - good ratings help us improve and expand functionality!

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The free version only allows the creation of two profiles and has no security features.

Screens:

<-- already in USE .... on TWO DEVICES (( Samsung tablet and Asus tablets)
    can highly recommend = worth the price !!

Cheers
    Issues with multiple languages, wallpaper and screen orientation are possible, though to be honest they are minor.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app
    I'm at work, so forgive me for being lazy and not just trying this, but I'm interested for using my tablet and handing to the kids (3 year old twins). My main concern is locking out the dialer as they have accidentally made numerous phonecalls. Is this possible?

You can lock out whatever you want or make any other changes through apps. For example, install TB in a new profile and freeze whatever apps you want. Or install a locking app and do it that way.

This app simply creates profiles - their maintenance is down to you.
    Interesting. So if I flash something, but it's avail to both, but if I install something under one profile, it's only available to that profile. Very interesting concept. With the advent of tablets such as the transformer series with physical KB, and the lines are quickly blurring between pc, tablet, and and even phone. Your paving the way for a whole new area of apps and for that I applaud your efforts.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2