ROOT de la Vega now available for T-Mobile Note3 :)

Search This thread

blackj30

Jun 25, 2012
I've used Kingo root to root my TMO note 3. It works perfectly. However, reading through all the threads about Kingo root security issues makes me worry, also it's not allowed in XDA now. Don't know what would happen to my phone or my PC.

RICHIECATS

Nov 11, 2013
Super big rooting download problem... Desperate please anyone help!

Hi, I'm trying to root my SM-N900V BY WAY OF ROOT DE LA VEGA AND AS MANY MUST KNOW BY NOW THE FOURM PAGE HAS A BROKEN LINK. SO WHAT DID I DO? I COME THE OTHER DOWNLOAD SITES FOR THE SAME FILE AND GOT A FAIL IN THE CACHE PART OF FLASHING IN ODIN 3.09.

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT COULD KINDLY SHED THE LIGHT... THANKS SO MUCH.

unleashd

May 2, 2012

Hi, I'm trying to root my SM-N900V BY WAY OF ROOT DE LA VEGA AND AS MANY MUST KNOW BY NOW THE FOURM PAGE HAS A BROKEN LINK. SO WHAT DID I DO? I COME THE OTHER DOWNLOAD SITES FOR THE SAME FILE AND GOT A FAIL IN THE CACHE PART OF FLASHING IN ODIN 3.09.

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT COULD KINDLY SHED THE LIGHT... THANKS SO MUCH.

I used the method described in this post earlier today and was able to successfully root my SM-900T.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498850

dhtguru

Jul 18, 2012
Update Needed?

I have tried 4 times and I cannot get my device rooted. It goes through Odin just fine and I get a passed. I reboot with the two files, remove them and reboot again, but to no avail. Is it possible that T-Mobile has made some changes since this thread was written? Or am I missing something?

fenixjn

Jul 21, 2009
I got mine rooted using King root. I did have to try twice for it but so far it seemed to work as intended.

ortind200

Oct 19, 2013
i may be wrong.. but i think theres a simple way to root using root66. again i'm not sure. but its worth looking into.

Jamonguyen

Mar 30, 2011
Dude thank you so much for still having this up.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

gunslingerfry

Mar 25, 2008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... after first being impatient and buying a T-Mobile Note3 on Craigslist to use on AT&T and then later seeing how the bootloader locked AT&T Note3 was rooted by DG and Chainfire I ended up getting a contract renewal with AT&T after all and went with the AT&T Note3.

Now I thought I might try to experiment a little and see if I can replicate that root method on the T-Mobile Note3 because it's so brilliant and doesn't trigger the Know warranty void flag.

I can confirm it works just as well on the T-Mobile Note3 !!

ALL CREDIT for the method goes to DesignGears and Chainfire! The Original Thread is HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474422

All steps are exactly the same. THIS IS ONLY FOR N900TUVUBMI7 firmware, so that must be the current one installed on your phone.

Please follow all steps in the original AT&T thread, just skip the oneclick.exe and start with flashing the root_de_la_vega.tar using ODIN.

There is not really a need to so this if you already rooted with the AutoRoot method and triggered the Knox flag. This is for the careful guys who have NOT rooted yet, only want root (no custom ROM or recovery) and would rather like to preserve that Know Warranty 0x0 Flag :)

Link to the needed file for T-Mobile Note3 is HERE:
    http://www.electron73.org/XDA/N900T/ROOT_DE_LA_VEGA-TMO.ZIP

Enjoy :)
    It's only development if it's the OP's work. This is basically just saying "heads up, this works"

Well I hex edited the T-Mobile stock firmware files according to DG and Chainfire's work for the AT&T note3. By now I thing DG has released the version for TMo himself. This was just me trying to be helpful and making this root method available for the 900T :)
    No you cant receive OTA

This is what my phone says after I installed xposed framework and wanam xposed module and set it to say original. .. so yes you can ota after this

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Oh no I haven't tripped my Knox flag yet :p I was asking if I use this method to root and I wanted to go back to stock later down the road, Will I trip the Knox flag if i odin the official stock firmware?

No, if you ODIN back to full stock or do a factory reset/wipe the Knox flag will NOT be triggered. That flag only triggers if you install a CUSTOM recovery or kernel (custom rom).
    I don't get it. Rooting doesn't trip knox regardless. But flashing a custom kernel or rom does. So what is the point of this method if it will trip knox as soon as you flash a kernel or rom anyway.

For one you can use apps that require root. Also, you can uninstall bloatware and push apks to your phone using adb etc. A little more work than flashing a prebuilt custom rom, but you can get many of the same results.

*You also said rooting doesn't trip knox regardless, but it actually does unless you do it via this method.