[ROM][ICS] [UNOFFICIAL] Root-ready Huawei MediaPad/SpringBoard ICS International

Is this thread useful?

• YES

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

shiranmotha

Feb 25, 2008
Colombo
All credits goes to zombolo and Xanderful
I'm posting this thread to make it easy to find the ROM for newbees...

Please read ALL Informations carefully, before using this rom !

Disclaimer - This procedure is given here in a "as-is" format. I have personally verified it and have it running, but, the ultimate responsibility of performing this lies on you. I will not be responsible for dead / bricked devices or any such similar unfortunate situations.

1. Download the ROM from the link.
  2. Extract the DLOAD folder from the zip.
  3. Copy the DLOAD folder to the root of your Micro SD card. You can use a card reader or copy using the mediapad itself using MTP over USB cable.
  4. Power OFF the mediapad.
  5. Insert the Micro SD card to the mediapad and Power ON.
  6. ROM Upgrade will start automatically. Follow the onscreen directions. Remove the MicroSD when instructed.
  7. The device will reboot automatically. Meanwhile delete the DLOAD folder in the MicroSD.
  8. Once fully booted copy sanixupdate folder from the downloaded ZIP to root of the INTERNAL STORAGE using the USB cable.
  9. Power OFF and Reboot.
  10. Now you have a ROOTED mediapad with ICS

NOTE
    • By using this ROM you voide the warranty... But you can very easily go back to STOCK rom before claiming for warranty.
    • You loose 4G if you are using a T-mobile Springboard
    • Remember to delete the DLOAD folder from SD card after it is removed from the device as instructed on the device screen. Keeping the DLOAD folder on SD makes it re-flash everytime you POWER ON with the SD inserted.

DOWNLOAD

Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Last edited:

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
For step 5 don't you have to boot to recovery, not just power on? Power + Left Volume. Took me many tries to do it right, was very annoying.

shiranmotha

Feb 25, 2008
Colombo
Reserved

You dont have to boot in to recovery... If you have the unlmt.cfg file in your DLOAD folder, just POWER ON is enough to upgrade automatically.

On the otherhand if you remove the unlmt.cfg file in your DLOAD folder, you dont have to delete the DLOAD folder on step 7.

Last edited:

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
You dont have to boot in to recovery... If you have the unlmt.cfg file in your DLOAD folder, just POWER ON is enough to upgrade automatically.

On the otherhand if you remove the unlmt.cfg file in your DLOAD folder, you dont have to delete the DLOAD folder on step 7.

Odd. I didn't remove it but still had to specifically boot it to recovery. Was a pain and it boot regularly to the stock ROM several times.

steviesteve78

Jul 20, 2007
So, who's been brave enough to try it? My mediapad is 24hrs old and I don't fancy my chances lol!

Can you still call and text with the ROM, and has anyone got any screenshots or benchmarks to show?

Cheers. :)

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
So, who's been brave enough to try it? My mediapad is 24hrs old and I don't fancy my chances lol!

Can you still call and text with the ROM, and has anyone got any screenshots or benchmarks to show?

I upgraded following these instructions and had no problems. It seems to me that you can talk and text but I can't test it as I just have a data plan for this device.

handisnacks

Jan 2, 2011
For T-Mobile, how does this lose "4G?" Does that mean we're stick with 3G or Edge data speed? Does it revert to using 1900Mhz for 3G like AT&T uses?

hiko36

Jul 2, 2009
Dallas
For T-Mobile, how does this lose "4G?" Does that mean we're stick with 3G or Edge data speed? Does it revert to using 1900Mhz for 3G like AT&T uses?

For T-Mobile, it means we are stuck with maximum of 3G speeds. I'm messing with the build.prop and a few other things right now to see if that could be what the issue is. Really, it's not a detriment one way or the other.

Any of the devs noticed how messy the build.prop and just disorganized in general the system seems to be?

handisnacks

Jan 2, 2011
For T-Mobile, it means we are stuck with maximum of 3G speeds. I'm messing with the build.prop and a few other things right now to see if that could be what the issue is. Really, it's not a detriment one way or the other.

Any of the devs noticed how messy the build.prop and just disorganized in general the system seems to be?
Are you using the device as a phone or just a data tablet? If phone, what voice plan do you have?

notinterested

Feb 11, 2010

Works much much better than stock HC thats for sure. With the exception of the lack of 4g (which i honestly barely notice) and some oddities with touchscreen sensitivity its been perfect.

Reactions: pinglis

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
Works much much better than stock HC thats for sure. With the exception of the lack of 4g (which i honestly barely notice) and some oddities with touchscreen sensitivity its been perfect.

I agree about the touch screen it is somewhat troublesome. I question whether we have really lost 4G or just the ability to have that icon on the screen. I'm seeing the same speeds now that I was seeing prior to the upgrade.

steviesteve78

Jul 20, 2007
Took the plunge - lovely ROM, really nice work. If I want to flash back to stock I thought the download from Huawei's site would work fine, however, even after following the instructions, it doesnt seem to boot and do the update, it just boots like normal - am I missing something?

Updated: I managed te restore by using a combination of buttons whilst rebooting. Not sure which ones did out tho :)

Last edited:

techynal

Mar 7, 2011
I have got problem at step number 8: Once fully booted copy sanixupdate folder from the downloaded ZIP to root of the INTERNAL STORAGE using the USB cable.

I cant write to internal storage, because i dont have permission.

Oct 8, 2007
I'm always on 2G after flashing this ICS rom.

Even when I choose and connect to 3G network, it still shows 'G' and not 'H'.

Its a nice and fast rom, really like it, but using 2G to surf the net is a pain in the 'S'.

Anyone can help?

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
I'm always on 2G after flashing this ICS rom.

Even when I choose and connect to 3G network, it still shows 'G' and not 'H'.

Its a nice and fast rom, really like it, but using 2G to surf the net is a pain in the 'S'.

Anyone can help?

I am not seeing this problem at all. I have the same data speeds after flashing this ROM as I did when I was running stock HC. The only thing different is that I no longer have an icon that says 4G but that is purely cosmetic.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credits goes to zombolo and Xanderful
    I'm posting this thread to make it easy to find the ROM for newbees...

Please read ALL Informations carefully, before using this rom !

Disclaimer - This procedure is given here in a "as-is" format. I have personally verified it and have it running, but, the ultimate responsibility of performing this lies on you. I will not be responsible for dead / bricked devices or any such similar unfortunate situations.

1. Download the ROM from the link.
    2. Extract the DLOAD folder from the zip.
    3. Copy the DLOAD folder to the root of your Micro SD card. You can use a card reader or copy using the mediapad itself using MTP over USB cable.
    4. Power OFF the mediapad.
    5. Insert the Micro SD card to the mediapad and Power ON.
    6. ROM Upgrade will start automatically. Follow the onscreen directions. Remove the MicroSD when instructed.
    7. The device will reboot automatically. Meanwhile delete the DLOAD folder in the MicroSD.
    8. Once fully booted copy sanixupdate folder from the downloaded ZIP to root of the INTERNAL STORAGE using the USB cable.
    9. Power OFF and Reboot.
    10. Now you have a ROOTED mediapad with ICS

NOTE
      • By using this ROM you voide the warranty... But you can very easily go back to STOCK rom before claiming for warranty.
      • You loose 4G if you are using a T-mobile Springboard
      • Remember to delete the DLOAD folder from SD card after it is removed from the device as instructed on the device screen. Keeping the DLOAD folder on SD makes it re-flash everytime you POWER ON with the SD inserted.

DOWNLOAD

Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz