Cruzerlite Androidified Case for the Nexus 7 now available

Search This thread

Droidguy987

Aug 20, 2011
Amazon has the grey, green, and red cases. Save on shipping if you have Prime or Super Saver. I really want one, but $19.90 is just too much for a TPU case. They were on sale a few days ago for $14.90 + $2.50 shipping, which is not that great.

what do you think a good price would be?

Droidguy987

Aug 20, 2011
about $10-12 shipped. amazon charges $8-10 for those generic ebay TPU cases. of course you can find them on ebay for $3 shipped if you're willing to wait 3 weeks for shipping from china.

so $10-12 for this case. In your opinion the design and build quality add about $2 usd to the over all product. Is price the number one factor when buying a case? IF so I can understand how this may not be the one for you. What cases do you currently use on your Nexus 7?

Element515

Jun 26, 2011
For a case like this, I'd say $10 is fair. It's simple to make. You have magnetic cases for $20.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
This case isn't a generic quality....they are nothing like the $3-$10 cases you'll find on eBay. They are well worth the money.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
so $10-12 for this case. In your opinion the design and build quality add about $2 usd to the over all product. Is price the number one factor when buying a case? IF so I can understand how this may not be the one for you. What cases do you currently use on your Nexus 7?

Do you work for Cruzerlite? You seem bothered by my opinion of their pricing. $19.90 is too much for a TPU case. I also think $499 is an outrageous price for a tablet (iPad3). Doesn't bother me one bit if you think Cruzerlite cases are worth $100 or you think iPads are a bargain. People have varying opinions about everything.

Last edited:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Do you work for Cruzerlite? You seem bothered by my opinion of their pricing. $19.90 is too much for a TPU case. I also think $499 is an outrageous price for a tablet (iPad3). Doesn't bother me one bit if you think Cruzerlite cases are worth $100 or you think iPads are a bargain. People have varying opinions about everything.

Well you compared the case to the generics on ebay going for $3-$10. It was just suggested that the Cruzerlite cases aren't your old cheapo generic cases. I have both. I have the original black "X" TPU case I bought off Amazon for a few bucks and I also have a white Cruzerlite TPU. There is a big difference in the feel of the case and the quality difference in material.

I agree that some things are over priced but a case has to feel awesome or I'll just end up taking it off... which then it is a complete waste of money. That's like buying a brand new car and getting a cheap $250 paint job from Macco. When it comes to accessories, I like SGP Screen Protectors, Ringke Slim Shell and Cruzerlite TPU Cases. These cost a few bucks more but the quality will last as long as the device.

Oh my GOD, people, again with the pricing??? If you're cheap, and many of you are who went out and bought the Nexus 7 (ballin' Jelly Bean on a budget), there's nothing wrong with that, I bought two of them for my house because I wasn't about to buy two expensive tablets for myself and my girlfriend to throw around.... but come on, $20 isn't worth arguing on the internet over! If you think it's over priced, just THANK the last person that said it and move on, no one's trying to steal $20 out of your wallet here, we get it already!!! Buy your $2 TPU case and be happy with it then!

Droidguy987

Aug 20, 2011

No worries. I was just trying to understand what the idea behind your thought process. It is fair to say it is on the high end of tpu but some people buy $60 and $ 80 cases. I think that no one case is right for all people. If you are happy with the $3-10 then I think this is not a bad thing. I have no problem with a lower cost option and am glad that they have them out there. :)

Reactions: HKSpeed

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
No worries. I was just trying to understand what the idea behind your thought process. It is fair to say it is on the high end of tpu but some people buy $60 and $ 80 cases. I think that no one case is right for all people. If you are happy with the $3-10 then I think this is not a bad thing. I have no problem with a lower cost option and am glad that they have them out there. :)

Agreed. You and I may know the difference, but I try to explain the difference between average readers. There is a difference and cruzerlite always has really good deals for those that are serious buyers. A Cruzer case for a phone is around $10 and a tablet is about $20. Given the difference in area and 2 or 3 times the material, the price is logical. I have a white one and it was only $14.xx directly from their site. Given the choice of $8 for the cheapo amazon version I have or the Cruzer, I'd pay a few more dollars and get something nice.

The cheapo cases are great for something quick and cheap, but not longevity IMO.

Mwinggg

Jul 27, 2011
does it come with a screen protector?

im using a nilkin the quality is excellent and comes with a screen protector, a big tape to remove dust, for $12 shipped from hong kong to canada

i ordered a cruzerlite, it has been almost 2 weeks and has been stuck in miami for a week alrdy according to the tracking page on usps.com, and i paid $31 including the shipping

hope its quality is $19 better than the nilkin im using

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

immaage

Mar 10, 2010
Just wanted to chime in here because I did a review for an Androidified case in the past. Yes, it's more expensive than your $1-3 TPU case. What you're paying for is a quality product meaning:

• More precise cutouts - Some TPU cases that I've purchased simply don't match up with the buttons or make it hard to push a button.
  • Design - Most people will say that the design looks better than your normal every day TPU case.
  • Customer Service - Some eBay sellers are great, but I'd prefer to deal with these guys.

Whether or not that's worth the extra cost is up to you, but let others be the judge of whether or not the cost is worth it to them. :D

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Well said Kryptos. I can't believe how many people are so against spending a little extra money on such a beautiful tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
So I bought a cruzerlite N7 case off Ebay from a person who is also posting in this thread. The quality is the same the generic S wave and X pattern cases. I have a X pattern case for my HP Touchpad and a S wave case for my wife's Nokia phone. The Cruzerlite case has the same quality as the argyle style cases for various devices on eBay (which i bought several over the years for previous devices). You're paying extra for their design.

Last edited:

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
They look good but why can't they have the buttons covered. If done right it makes for a much better experience then the cutouts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

dadeo1111

It looks like a nice case - very stylish and shows off the brand. I appreciate the style and that it's well made and I really want one, maybe two - one bright colored, one basic black/gray - But I refuse to pay $20. I might go as high as $10-12 + shipping ~$15 price would be very tempting, even in a market where I've seen comparable tpu cases for $5 shipped. If Cruzerlite has a decent sale or coupon code, etc then I'm in. For now I'm looking at the more reasonably priced offerings - and there are tons.

dems86

Nov 3, 2012
Sacramento
Ordered a couple cases from cruzerlite for my gs3 and I absolutely loved them. Not only that but when there sad an let mix up they took full responsibility and more than made up for it. I will definitely be ordering a case from them for my N7 in the next couple of weeks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh my GOD, people, again with the pricing??? If you're cheap, and many of you are who went out and bought the Nexus 7 (ballin' Jelly Bean on a budget), there's nothing wrong with that, I bought two of them for my house because I wasn't about to buy two expensive tablets for myself and my girlfriend to throw around.... but come on, $20 isn't worth arguing on the internet over! If you think it's over priced, just THANK the last person that said it and move on, no one's trying to steal $20 out of your wallet here, we get it already!!! Buy your $2 TPU case and be happy with it then!
    You guys realize that the cases for this device require a lot more material to go into, right? $20 for a case for a device this size that is crafted specifically for the product and molded (not to mention that the Cruzerlite cases are the best I've ever used) is a completely reasonable price for a product such as this. Anything you get cheaper might either not fit, or be crappy quality.
    some pictures

Just got the green one in today. Looks like the galaxy nexus case.
    Sorry they posted the wrong way..... When I attached them they were straight... lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Cruzerlite is having a one day sale on this case http://www.cruzerlite.com/daily-deal/cruzerlite-androidified-clone-army-for-asus-nexus-7
    $20? for a tpu cover? you'd have to be made of money. Ok they have some different designs for the surface detailing but in the end it's still just a basic tpu cover.

High quality or not, $20 is indeed pretty steep for a TPU. I could get a leather case with sleep/wake functions and a stand built in for $10 off eBay.

Should have been $10, or at a max $12.