[ROM] CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL for p769 [10/18/2013]

Search This thread

SomeGuyInOz

Aug 16, 2007
Made another build.

CyanogenMod 10.1.3 RC2

Thanks again for your fantastic work, AntonX. I'm about to update to this latest build. I love my phone now with CM10.1. I also have an iPhone 5, but I find myself playing with this LG phone more often these days.

This might be a dumb question, but why are your builds not part of the "official" releases? They appear to be as good as any official release. CM10.1 supports close to 100 different models, including (I think) the P760. I'm just curious how the process works (I'm obviously fairly new to this). I guess from a selfish point of view, I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to simply do an OTA update like the official builds. I also noticed that your P769 builds are not even listed at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Unofficial_Ports

Last edited:
Reactions: jgc86

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Thanks again for your fantastic work, AntonX. I'm about to update to this latest build. I love my phone now with CM10.1. I also have an iPhone 5, but I find myself playing with this LG phone more often these days.

This might be a dumb question, but why are your builds not part of the "official" releases? They appear to be as good as any official release. CM10.1 supports close to 100 different models, including (I think) the P760. I'm just curious how the process works. I guess from a selfish point of view, I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to simply do an OTA update like the official builds.

We won't get official support because we don't have an official way to unlock bootloader. The p760 however does.

Reactions: SomeGuyInOz

jgc86

Mar 26, 2013
I need a step by step guide on how to flash this rom. Can you use cwm and nandroid root manager to flash this rom?

jgc86

Mar 26, 2013
Got this successfully on my phone. It runs & looks great. Thank you!

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
hey guys, probably a little too noob-ish to be messing with this, but, i rooted and installed CWM, then deleted some apps i shouldn't have deleted, couldn't get any one's CWM installed, so i installed this CM and the gapps... at boot, i get "LG - security error" then it shuts back off... i take it i screwed some thing up? thanks.

Because your bootloader isnt unlocked...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4

shockah486

Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys,

been trying to figure this out without cluttering the forums but have no idea how to get back to software mode and whatnot. A few builds ago, I used to be able to choose the different options(software,MTP, etc) when I connected my phone to the computer via usb and could send stuff through adb. Since I tried the new "USB storage" option, I haven't been able to revert to the original usb settings and can't send stuff via adb. I'm now on the latest build and still is the same so I must have clicked smthg?

I did turn off android debugging and whatnot when I had usb storage on but even after turning them back on, I'm not able to get those settings.
Was this removed at some point in the last few builds or am I just missing something? The USB storage isn't even working for me still
and I know I can remove my SD card and add files that way but it's becoming quite the pain.

Not sure if anyone else has this but any insight would be appreciated

ozlo

Sep 5, 2007
I'm having issue when using the speakerphone with this ROM. The audio from the caller seems to be feeding back into the mic and sent back down the line to them, resulting in weird glitchy sounds on their end. I turned the mic gain all the way down which helped a little but the problem still persists. It appears that echo cancellation isn't working.

My understanding is this was fixed months ago on CM 10.1. Is anyone else having these problems and is there a way to fix this short of flashing another ROM?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

kevev

May 22, 2006
I'm having issue when using the speakerphone with this ROM. The audio from the caller seems to be feeding back into the mic and sent back down the line to them, resulting in weird glitchy sounds on their end. I turned the mic gain all the way down which helped a little but the problem still persists. It appears that echo cancellation isn't working.

My understanding is this was fixed months ago on CM 10.1. Is anyone else having these problems and is there a way to fix this short of flashing another ROM?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

My wife is having this issue on her L9. When she calls me the audio I receive is way too loud. The adjustments in the Advanced menu do not help enough. I think the mic gain base map needs to be lower.

AntonX: can we have a test version with lower levels? Or maybe instruct us on which file we can edit to make this change?

Sent from my C6606 using xda app-developers app

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
...the audio I receive is way too loud.

The audio you receive is only loud when she's on speaker? If she talks to the phone normally the volume is OK?
I wonder is this an issue with the microphone or the speaker volume. I can adjust either, just need to decide which one.

kevev

May 22, 2006
The audio you receive is only loud when she's on speaker? If she talks to the phone normally the volume is OK?
I wonder is this an issue with the microphone or the speaker volume. I can adjust either, just need to decide which one.

Thank You. Mic gain is too high on both.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Thank You. Mic gain is too high on both.

After more testing it seems as though the mic gain adjustments in the Advanced menu do not work. The gain level never changes. I just wiped /system & /data , and flashed the latest ROM + gapps. The same issue exists.

Sent from my C6606 using xda app-developers app

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
Just tested, both microphone controls seem to work for me, but I'm on CM10.2. Hm... did I forget something for CM10.1?.. It' the same kernel so really everything should work the same way.

Are you sure you have tested correctly? When you are on speaker you adjust the Sub mic, when on phone adjust Main.

I listened to the levels and to say the truth don's see anything really bad. Maybe I can take few dBs from normal (Main) mic, possible it's a little clearer with less gain. Not sure if anything needs to be taken from Sub mic when on speaker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.1 UNOFFICIAL for LG Optimus L9 p769

This is unofficial build. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone.

Only for P769 version of the phone. Do not attempt to flash on any other device.

The phone bootloader has to be unlocked and correct recovery installed.

Please avoid discussing general unlocking, rooting, and other unrelated to development issues in this thread.

Watch for bugs. Report with logcat and dmesg.

Features
    - Mostly based on p760 device tree.
    - No emulated internal storage. Single external SD card configuration. (Read note in the 2nd post)
    - Apps 2 SD support
    - BLN support (limited, read note the the 2nd post)
    - Analog amplifier gain control with Voodoo Sound support (read note in the 2nd post)
    - Microphone preamplifier gain adjustments
    - Performance kernel with OC/UV
    - Advanced Settings to control kernel clocks

Kernel
    - Compiled with Linaro 4.7
    - Extended frequency table with 200MHz, 1200MHz, 1350MHz (overclocking doesn't work on some phones)
    - Slightly undervolted
    - Userspace voltage control. Use SetCPU, VoltageControl, or similar. Warning: Save a recovery script with either of these programs before playing with voltages!
    - GPU is extended with 384MHz, IVA with 430 MHz
    - Selectable screen-off maximum frequency
    - Included SmartassV2 governor, SIO scheduler.
    - Few performance tweaks.
    - Kernel without performance tweaks available here

Bugs
    - No 1080p in camcorder
    - Usual p760 CM10.1 issues, if any

Installation
    - If going from non-CM10.1 ROM, backup your data and do full reset. If updating from CM10.1 it is usually not necessary.
    - Copy to SD and flash with CWM.
    - Flash correct version of Gapps

Download
    cm-10.1-20131018-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip (Mega)
    cm-10.1-20131018-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip (Dropbox)

Sources
    Github

History

Upstream merges

10/18/2013
    - Reduced call microphone volumes even more

10/07/2013
    cm-10.1-20131007-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - Reduced call microphone volumes

09/07/2013
    cm-10.1-20130927-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - CM 10.1.3

09/07/2013
    cm-10.1-20130907-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - CM 10.1.3 RC2

8/30/2013
    cm-10.1-20130830-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 RC1
    - updated radio blobs to LG v20f
    - fixed vibrator tuning in Advanced settings
    - minor tweaks

8/23/2013
    cm-10.1-20130823-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - adjusted power profile
    - reduced in-call Bluetooth microphone volume
    - some upstream picks and minor tweaks

08/19/2013
    cm-10.1-20130819-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - added BLN settings to Parts
    - added vibrator intensity to Parts
    - run ADB as root by default
    - few tweaks

---- project split to CM10.2 here ----

08/13/2013
    cm-10.1-20130813-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - kernel with BLN support
    - added BLN blinking adjustments to Advanced Settings
    - added microphone preamp gain control to the kernel, adjustable from Advanced Settings
    - changes to some audio volumes

08/08/2013
    cm-10.1-20130808-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - added option to disable touch LEDs
    - fixed USB mass storage
    - Interactive governor updated to 3.4

08/05/2013
    cm-10.1-20130805-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - fixed in-call headset volume control
    - reduced headset volume
    - added analog amplifier gain control with Voodoo Sound support

08/01/2013
    cm-10.1-20130801-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - IVA (Image Video Accelerator) overclocking
    - GPU underclocking
    - maximum screen-off frequency
    - user settings to control the clocks (Settings->Device->Advanced)
    - minor improvements to overclocking

07/29/2013
    cm-10.1-20130729-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - switched board to p769
    - increased microphone volume
    - fixed bluetooth call audio

07/26/2013
    cm-10.1-20130726-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - kernel: fixed excessive WiFi power consumption

07/22/2013
    cm-10.1-20130722-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - disabled internal sdcard emulation
    - kernel is back to using omap4 audio codec

07/19/2013
    cm-10.1-20130719-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - fixed proximity sensor

07/17/2013
    - Some changes to device, including another audio fix picked from p760
    - Kernel:
    --- Now using twl6040 audio drivers from LG source drop
    --- SIO and SmartassV2
    --- Entropy tweak
    --- Force volume mounts with noatime
    --- Picked a merge with common android kernel, version is bumped to 3.0.31
    --- Compiled with Linaro 4.7

07/12/2013
    cm-10.1-20130712-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    - Kernel with OC/UV
    - Ported commit from p760 device to fix call echo and low speaker volume
    - Repo synced

07/09/2013
    cm-10.1-20130709-UNOFFICIAL-p769.zip
    Notes

Storage

Originally our phone has very awkward, confusing, and often misunderstood configuration for external storage. Why all these strange emulated directories with cryptic numbers? Well, the numbers are needed for multiuser environment but we don't care about it as on phones it's not enabled. It appears that there is internal /sdcard (or /storage/sdcard0 which is the same) and everybody is welcome to store data on it. Truth of the matter is - there is no dedicated internal sdcard on our phone. There in no separate microchip, no separate partition, the internal sdcard does not exist. It is emulated by FUSE inside /data partition. The original location of files is /data/media/0 and /sdcard just simulates a drive from this directory. It means that every time you save anything to /sdcard, the space will be taken away from /data. Even worse, all apps think that /sdcard is real external storage and will dump data there. Very soon you will find that you've run out of space in /data and cannot install apps anymore. This configuration would have worked fine if we had big internal MMC card but unfortunately ours is quite small. So the best practice is not to use /sdcard at all and keep it as empty as possible. But if it's better not to use it, why even have it?
    This ROM completely removes emulation of internal sdcard. There is only single /sdcard0 now and it is mounted to your real external SD. Android and all apps see it properly as external storage. There are no problems anymore with space hungry apps like big games. All downloads will go to the external SD as expected. Apps2SD works seamlessly because storage not emulated. The whole configuration is much more straightforward and easier to work with.

If you have files previously stored on /sdcard0, they are still accessible from /data/media/0, but it is better to move them from there to free space in /data.

If you have installed RemountSD or similar, uninstall it, you don't need it anymore.

If after updating to not-emulated ROM you find that the Camera does not store pictures, just clear its data in Android Settings->Apps->All->Gallery (yes, Camera is part of Gallery.)

Audio Amplifier Analog Gain

Controlling amplifier gain allows to play music both louder (+12dB) at high volumes and clearer at low volumes. The gain adjustment can be found in Android Advanced settings.
    The included twl6040 kernel driver also simulates Wolfson wm8994 Voodoo Sound extension for headset amplifier. If Voodoo Sound is installed and Smart Amplifier is enabled, the amplifier gain will be controlled together with the volume. This maintains optimal Signal-to-Noise ratio at low volumes.

Voodoo Sound app shows incorrect range of levels: -57dB..+5dB. In fact our amplifier range is -30dB..0dB in 2dB steps. This discrepancy does not affect the functionality.

The amplifier returns to default gain upon a call or any other microphone activity. After the microphone activity is finished the gain control is re-enabled.

The kernel also supports controlling microphone preamplifier gains. The gain can be adjusted for certain scenarios, for example lowered to capture loud audio during concerts. Camera is using SUB microphone.

BLN

BLN will consume some battery when a notification is in progress. For the the touch LEDs to be lit our phone has to be awake, otherwise the power to the controller goes down and the LEDs turn off. In order to conserve the battery the kernel implements only blinking notifications. The kernel will hold a wakelock only during the short LEDs-On phase and release it when LEDs are Off letting the phone go back to sleep. Native BLN blinking is disabled.
    BLN can be enabled either with neldar's app (his paid version supports scheduling) or in the Advanced Settings.
    OP updated.

The product board has changed to p769. Kernel doesn't need CONFIG_MACH_LGE_U2_P760 to be set anymore, which was not a good thing to have.

Fixed bluetooth SCO, in-call audio works.

Increased microphone volume for some scenarios like camcorder or general use. Report if you find any issues.

Repo synced today.

Note: I will not do anything about CM10.2 until it becomes more stable and probably not before p760 tree switches to it.
    OP updated

Added Image Video Accelerator (IVA) overclocking. It is used to encode/decode video (H.264, etc.). Maybe not really needed as the phone seem to be able to decode 1080p just fine without it, but well, it's done and it's optional. By default not enabled.

Added under-clocking to GPU. Those who don't need GPU performance but want to save some battery may enable it. Not sure how much savings it will provide, maybe not a lot.

Added maximum screen-off frequency. The CPU will not go higher than selected limit when screen is off. If not enabled, this frequency is at the hands of the active governor. Some may limit it, some may not.

Added user app to control the kernel clocks. Look in Android Settings->Device->Advanced.

Watch for bugs.

Repo synced today.

Note: GPU and IVA overclocking frequencies are not replacing the default maximums, they are added to the table. This means that they are active only if there is real load on GPU / DSP, otherwise the scaler just doesn't use them.
    CM 10.2(Android 4.3) runs on our phones: