Can I do a basic phone reset?

Search This thread

pL1234

Mar 5, 2014
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591895&page=286

That is the root the phone has. I bought this phone used, but I want to sell it and rebuy the t-mobile version so I can get wifi calling again.

So I want to know if I can do the standard phone reset in the settings option without having to worry about anything. Can I just do it without having to reroot the phone or do anything? I really don't know much when it comes to rooting, so I want to make sure doing a reset via settings wouldn't deroot the phone or brick it.

Thanks.

Unforgivenlife1986

Apr 2, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591895&page=286

That is the root the phone has. I bought this phone used, but I want to sell it and rebuy the t-mobile version so I can get wifi calling again.

So I want to know if I can do the standard phone reset in the settings option without having to worry about anything. Can I just do it without having to reroot the phone or do anything? I really don't know much when it comes to rooting, so I want to make sure doing a reset via settings wouldn't deroot the phone or brick it.

Thanks.

Ive had a rooted phone for quite some time and i have never used the option to reset my phone in the settings menu.

But if you want the phone back to stock and unrooted you should use SuperSU to fully unroot your phone then do a factory reset/data/and calvic wipe on the phone.

pL1234

Mar 5, 2014
Ive had a rooted phone for quite some time and i have never used the option to reset my phone in the settings menu.

But if you want the phone back to stock and unrooted you should use SuperSU to fully unroot your phone then do a factory reset/data/and calvic wipe on the phone.

I just want to do a basic reset so someone new can use it. I basically just want to know if it's fine to do the reset in the settings and if it'll leave it rooted.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
You can just boot to recovery and do a factory reset and I would also wipe the internal SD card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

The factory reset in settings should work too but you would still want to delete everything on the internal SD too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk