[Q] HTC Music Player - Disable Music Enhancement?

Search This thread

lyno

Feb 9, 2005
Hi,

I really like the HTC Music player and because I'm using the ViperOneM8 ROM, It's skinned with the theme I've applied.

One thing that I've found with the player is that it applies some kind of equalisation to my music, for example listening to music through the Google Music app sounds very different to the HTC Music app. After looking around, I found the HTC Music Enhancer app.

Does anyone is this is the app that is applying the equalisation in the background, and how I can disable it?

Thanks.

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Hi,

I really like the HTC Music player and because I'm using the ViperOneM8 ROM, It's skinned with the theme I've applied.

One thing that I've found with the player is that it applies some kind of equalisation to my music, for example listening to music through the Google Music app sounds very different to the HTC Music app. After looking around, I found the HTC Music Enhancer app.

Does anyone is this is the app that is applying the equalisation in the background, and how I can disable it?

Thanks.

Not quite sure. But could be that the HTCMusicEnhancer is actually the Boomsound option in the settings. Try deactivating boomsound while headphones are plugged in and give a short feedback if it worked the way you intended it.

lyno

Feb 9, 2005
Not quite sure. But could be that the HTCMusicEnhancer is actually the Boomsound option in the settings. Try deactivating boomsound while headphones are plugged in and give a short feedback if it worked the way you intended it.

I have Boomsound disabled, I'm taking about just the HTC Music player, it seems to equalise the music even with Boomsound disabled. Playing it with any other music player with equalizers disabled sound much different to the HTC Music player.

I used Titanium Backup to freeze HTC audio enhancement, but the sound is the same (I think maybe the audio enhancement is for getting album art etc?)