4.3 Update for T-Mobile M919 ~ DO NOT UPDATE IF...

Search This thread

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Along w/ no calls, does it include breaking sound?

Idiots ... this is a dumb idea for samsung to lock bootloaders now especially for T-Mobile..devices they must wana drive down Samsung sales..
people will go htc they allow unlocking bootloaders.
Are they turning like apple strict controlling :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

shiamatsu

Nov 13, 2013
Cloudsdale
Idiots ... this is a dumb idea for samsung to lock bootloaders now especially for T-Mobile..devices they must wana drive down Samsung sales..
people will go htc they allow unlocking bootloaders.
Are they turning like apple strict controlling :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Technically, the bootloader isn't locked. You can still root, you just break your warranty if you do so.

driodman98

Jan 14, 2012
Any all in one solution yet that has the modem as an optional flash during the rom install.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Cuban Cigar

mancaalberto

Jul 3, 2013
Help!

Hello,

I was attempting to unlock my M919 with the method provided here on XDA. It didn't work so I thought i should just update to 4.3 (the OTA) and tried again since I do not care about the warranty. After a few more flashings (4.4 and than back to 4.2) I was able to unlock following the same procedure.

Problem is I now have no sound and I can't make phone calls( dialer is slow and crashes, although the people I call do receive the phonecall). I have tried all I could think off but with no results. I have first tried different custom ROMs, but I then realized the issue has to do with the radio (modem). Then i switched to flashing the MDL and MK2 modem but the problem is still there. I also flashed the official 4.3 firmware, hoping it would contain everything I need. I did not mess with the kernels yet.

At this point my knox is at 0x1 and I do not mind that. I just want to have a functional phone. What would you suggest I should do?
Thanks

Edit: I might have narrowed down my problem: I also used the region unlock app from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470551 . although it is not intended for the M919 some users reported it worked for them and I might have managed to unlock thanks to it. However i see that the app flashes a modem and i suspect it also caused the problem. Maybe someone with experience can find out... Thank you

Last edited:

donyi5122

Jan 16, 2011
Bootloader is not locked worse thing u could do is trip the Knox counter and void ur warranty but u won't brick ur phone I updated str8 from Samsung T-mobile to 4.3 then rooted it and flashed cwm latest recovery and been able to flash everything like always no problems so if u don't care about warranty u could do the same thing as before with the new bootloader

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My SGH-M919 Update 4.3 .
Then phone now have no sound and I can't make phone calls. No cell audio
And have signal problems.
I'm not use T-mobile SIM card.
I do not mind warranty.
I just want to have a functional phone. What would you suggest I should do?
Now it on M919UVUEMK2 4.3 bootloader :(

pyrobo0by

Jul 31, 2012
I'm on 4.3 rooted and still can make phone calls and text

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dr.zambonee

May 9, 2010
I'm so glad I turned my S4 into a GPE before all this Knox nonsense came about. I feel for you guys with the issues though, I used to have a Motorola Photon. Worst phone I've owned - I've since sworn off moto devices lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Wagnerzantos

Sep 27, 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
The same soft-brick

My SGH-M919 Update 4.3 .
Then phone now have no sound and I can't make phone calls. No cell audio
And have signal problems.
I'm not use T-mobile SIM card.
I do not mind warranty.
I just want to have a functional phone. What would you suggest I should do?
Now it on M919UVUEMK2 4.3 bootloader :(

Dude! I'm in exactly same problem [no sound at all, no wifi, it's freeze when make or receive calls] Also "I'm not using T-mobile SIM"
Did you find some solution ?
"Only" that I get was fix Wifi flashing Wicked ROM v3" Another version is not allowed... =/
But! still not working sounds, videos in device, youtube or anywhere and still unable to make/ receive calls..
My is T-mobile SGH-M919 stock MDL 4.2.2 [Problems after upgrade to MK2 4.3] via Odin v3.07
Not any clear solution so far! Hw about you?
Regards... good lucky!:(:(

sharpeyedman

Mar 27, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile finally pushed the 4.3 update earlier today but DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PHONE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR ROOT! It comes with a locked bootloader. Therefore, once you are on 4.3 stock, you can only flash stock firmwares then. If you try to root your phone on 4.3 with the standard method, it will blow your efuse and void your warranty!

AGAIN, DO NOT UPDATE 4.3 VIA OTA OR ODIN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY. IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT, FEEL FREE TO UPDATE

Info on KNOX:

What we know so far (I think!)

1. Upgrading to newer Samsung firmware will upgrade the bootloader to knox bootloader. this will give an additional 2 lines in download mode about knox status.

2. If the Knox warranty void line says 0x1 then you cannot use knox softwareas your device has been flagged as insecure. By this i mean that if your workplace / company supports bring your own device to work for corporate emails etc and they use knox to keep security your device will not allow this. You are still able to use future samsung firmware releases with the knox flag 0x1. hope this makes sense. sorry for any confusion this has caused!

3. If the knox warranty line says 0x0 knox will work.

4. with the new knox bootloader root will work, however rooting with CFautorootwill trip the knox flag. thanks @DjeMBeY for correcting this point :) you can use the root method (Root de la Vega) described here for rooting a device with knox bootloader.

5. If you try to downgrade to earlier firmware / bootloader it will set the knox flag to 0x1 i.e. void.

6. once the knox flag gets set to 0x1 there is no way to set it back (that anyone has found yet anyway!)

7. some newer 4.2.2 software that's supplied with the knox bootloader has been repacked by devs to not use the new bootloader and it all works fine you can still keep up to date.

8. I've seen people trying the test build of 4.3 touchwiz without the new knox bootloader sound and wifi does not work. This is no longer the case, see point 12.

9. There seems to be a big question mark as to weather Samsung will allow hardware repairs under warranty with the knox 0x1 flag

10. only seems to affect GT-i9505 at the moment!

11. Software affected thanks to @DjeMBeY

12. it is now possible to install custom 4.3 TW roms which have been modified to work without the new knox bootloader, do make sure that they are free from knox bootloader before flashing. Do note also that if you already have knox bootloader flashing anything even these 4.3 custom roms will still trip your 0x1 flag
    Credit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470635
    Thanks to @Mr Impossible @Jamison904 @jovy23 and everyone else!
    @jovy23 flashed the OTA and now cannot Odin a custom recovery nor revert to MDL. Odin fails every time. I have a locked Verizon S4 I bought for testing (not much good that did) this is the exact same thing I fought weeks to brake.. Nothing. It is locked.
    DO NOT FLASH MODEMS/BASEBAND EITHER..... does not let u make phone calls on the leaked 4.3 tw version..... or the regular 4.2.2 version and like some1 said 4.4..... not sure if it works on the official 4.3 tw released today since no dev has released a rom of it... so do not flash if u need to make or receive phone calls makes ur phone freeze and wont make the actual call

Same here. Have tried GPE 4.3, stock 4.2.2, and international 4.3 TW. Phone freezes when trying to make a phone call.

Anyone taking the OTA or Odin the new firmware will be sorry they did. Modem is also tied to the bootloader somehow as was the i9505 and won't work without the bootloader. Seems to be more security in this also. More to come...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If you already flashed the new modem and want to get back to MDL to make phone calls lol here it is

someone will come out with a version of 4.3 pre rooted with knox disabled and without newer bootloaders.. just waiting.

Since you have brought this up, Infamous Team has already started on that. :cool:

Join the group: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106093160117198923912
    This seems to be the problem

Anyone taking the OTA or Odin the new firmware will be sorry they did. Modem is also tied to the bootloader somehow as was the i9505 and won't work without the bootloader. Seems to be more security in this also. More to come...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk