Tethering and data usage .. vs my lg g2

Search This thread

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
I've rooted and put a stock android rom on my lg g2.. would like to get the galaxy s5 for the samoled screen and the gps.. lg g2 gps is weak inconsistent and inaccurate especially for running. Anyway I'm only switching if I can install tetherfy and wifi tether without using wifi hotspot data. This keeps me from having to connect an hdmi and streaming Netflix/tunein/vudu that way.. Is this possible on the gs5 yet?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I've rooted and put a stock android rom on my lg g2.. would like to get the galaxy s5 for the samoled screen and the gps.. lg g2 gps is weak inconsistent and inaccurate especially for running. Anyway I'm only switching if I can install tetherfy and wifi tether without using wifi hotspot data. This keeps me from having to connect an hdmi and streaming Netflix/tunein/vudu that way.. Is this possible on the gs5 yet?

You mean tethering without tmobile seeing it as you teterhing? You can just flash Beans' rom in the dev section. It's pretty much stock.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789850

Just a tip though, my S5 has pathetic GPS as well, so try it out before you buy one.