[Q] Unlocking HTC HD7

Search This thread

polihron89

Jan 26, 2012
Hello,
I want to unlock my phone HTC HD7. I've read a lot of threads regarding unlocking and as far as I understand, i need to downgrade my os to version 7008 ( my current OS version is 7392 ). I'm completly new at this so I wanted to post my phone specification so that someone could direct me, so that i don't mess anything up. I'm affraid of bricking my phone so please help me out.

My phone specs:

Model: HTC HD7 T9292
OS version: 7.0.7392.0
Firmware revision number: 2250.09.16901.207
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 5.54.09.21_22.33b.50.10U
Radion hardware version: A.102.0.D4
Bootloadrer version: 1.69.2250.0(117833)
Chip SOC versionL 2.2.5.0
DIM : PD20100 5VDC == 1A

I don't know what kind of ROM i have and I don't know where to check what it is. I've tried unlocking my phone with ChevronWP7 unlocker, i've installed the sertificate, but the unlocker doesn't recognize my phone.

P.S. Is there a way to unlock my phone with the current OS version on later, or do i nessesarly have to downgrade it first?

NebZoNe

Mar 21, 2011
Paris (suburbs)
soundcloud.com
Last edited:

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
yes your bootloader is below 4.x, so you dont have to downgrade your HSPL....
but first you have to goto bootloader screen and check you model number !
and see if you can install HSPL from cotulla, if your model is not supported by cotulla HSPL then you cant do anything, like me, wait and prey cotulla releases more support

have a gr8 day

Reactions: gargamel35

gargamel35

Jan 27, 2012
I also need help!

Dear friends! I also newly bought HD7 and I downgraded my version from 7390 to 7004. Now, I have no idea about how to unlock it! I checked this website but I am really confused... Which programs should I have and what is the process for unlocking? Could somenone post step-by-step instructions both for me and our other friends? We are new to this mobile so your help will be appreciated. Thanks for your understanding and politeness...

Here are the specs of my HTC HD7:

Model: HTC HD7 T9292
OS Version: 7.0.7004.0
Firmware Revision Number: 2250.09.11601.401
Hardware Revision Number:0002
Radio Software Version: 5.51.09.06a_22.30.50.09U
Radio Hardware Version: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader Version: 1.16.2250.0(110866)
Chip Soc Version: 2.2.5.0

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
hi gargamel35

i dont think you had 2 downgrade as your v7390 shouldnt have bootloader higher then 4.x... but any way,
first boot into bootloader and check model mids number?
step 1 check to see if your phone will accept Cotulla HSPL, if NOT you cant do anything !
cheers

have a gr8 day

gargamel35

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks jhonny for your help but I have no idea how I can do the things you told me. I am totally new to this subject, as I told you before. I will be glad if you can write down the step-by-step instructions. I have no idea about HTCs since I have always used Apple products. Thanks a lot...

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
ok
first turn off the phone
once phone is off ... press power button and volume down
you should then enter bootloader screen... tri colour
tell me every thing you see there?
cheers

have a gr8 day

gargamel35

Jan 27, 2012
PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
SPL-1.16.2250.0(110866)
MicroP(LED) 0x07
TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

SD SANDISK 15193MB Class0
Partition Info-v211v413

Serial

Here are the details on the screen. Please tell me what to do next. :) Thanks a lot my friend...

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
lucky you
, you can install custom rom

sh4d0w86 has a very good instructions, better then mine !

any way

go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647 and
1, download hspl by cotulla
2, download custom rom
3, put phone into bootloader mode ,
4, then connect to pc
5, flash/install cotulla hspl
6, check hspl installed.... enter bootloader.... should now see hspl by cotulla
7, install custom rom

as i said sh4d0w86 has has better guide, please read his too.

if this helps dont forget to click thanks button

cheers

and have a gr8 day

Last edited:

gargamel35

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks for your help, my friend. If you can give me the download links to HSPL and custom rom (I also don't know how to install them) I will download. There are lots of HSPL links and I am confused again. I am really sorry for taking your time but I am TOTALLY NEW. :) Thanks for your patience and great help...

PLEASE READ MY NEXT MESSAGE - THIS ONE IS NOT IMPORTANT ANY MORE!!!

Last edited:

gargamel35

Jan 27, 2012
Now I have HSPL on my HD7 and I am trying to install Ansar's Schubert 1.69 unlock package. (check: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16297399#post16297399). But I can not pass to the U2M7720 installation since I use Windows XP and I can not install APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT on my computer (it is included in SDK 7.1 for Windows 7 and Vista and it is only designed for these 2 operating systems. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with XP).

So, my question is, what is the substitution for APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT that runs .xap files? I have to deploy U2M7720 to continue unlocking my HD7. I need your help guys! Thanks...

Last edited:

polihron89

Jan 26, 2012
PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
SPL-1.16.2250.0(110866)
MicroP(LED) 0x07
TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

SD SANDISK 15193MB Class0
Partition Info-v211v413

Serial

Here are the details on the screen. Please tell me what to do next. :) Thanks a lot my friend...

Hello everyone, I was also gonna ask about bootloader, but since gargamel has already asked, i just want to know if my phone is also able to have a custom rom . My specs are the same as gargamel35 except for SPL : mine is SPL-1.69.2250.0(117833). Thank you in advance!

hotdogggg

Jul 19, 2010
california
htc hd7 unlocking

Pd29110 ss-bc 4k spl -5.12.2250.0 135916 mng microp led 0 07 touch s1 v2.b, #1625 - sd sandisk 15193mb partition info -v211v413 but I called t mobile usa and they gave me my unlock code is that all I need to officialy unlock it ..then I can just go head and skip the spl n stuff and just install the custom rom? just like that or no? aslo ...I watched youtubes and they said in order to enter the unlock code just to unlock your phone u need to inert any non t mobile simcard in order to enter my code..to unlock tru? or there a way I can just enter it with my sim card .

Last edited:

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
hello hotdogggg

you are talking about 2 diffrent things.

first one, you called t mobile and got unlock code, thats to unlock phone so you can now use any sim card with any mobile provider.

second , if you want custom rom then you still have to downgrade your RSPL/HSPL

sh4d0w86 has the best instructions here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1295068

cheers and have a gr8 day

thanks button is next to the qoute button

Reactions: hotdogggg

hotdogggg

Jul 19, 2010
california
ooooh okay..i see yea they are 2 differ totally things ....also I been looking up how to do custom roms for 2 months now still havnt figured it out I did learn a bit tho..but ya now I do no that I have to downgrade my os and bootlloader both together or can I just down grade my bootloader only and that's it ..and then I can just install custom roms.im probly the dumbest slow learner on here about custom roms lol but smart on everthing else :) but I got your link lets see … also I don't have the ability to make a what u call Y cable and I don't have a micr sd or card reader slots built on my pc cuz I built a custom pc without a card reader ..as I just use usb slots only so the y cable and gold card method cant be used at all so .only way to do custom roms is thrugh my usb 2.0 or 3.0 connections . probly no other ways invented yet …Any how I downloaded task 00 and task 29 then 2nd step I got to Where it says if your bootloader is 5.xx..wich mine is ..can I do any of those methods even ansars? downgrade process

Last edited:

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
hi mate

you have to downgrade your HSPL.
when you flash a stock rom that will aslo downgrade your HSPL at the same time.
try any stock rom, ansar has a couple
check bootloder...HSPL to be less then 3x
after each go

Reactions: cragsy

hotdogggg

Jul 19, 2010
california
it was said ...that after sim unlocking ...2 users have reported that the 5.10 europe rom worked --> Update on 30.12.2011: Two TMOUS users did confirm that after SIM unlock it worked for TMOUS too!! with RUU Schubert htc Europe 5.10 401 04 slspl sighned by ansar .zip my bootloader is at 5.12 tho like I said in my previous post

Last edited:

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
no

out of curiosity following those steps to reflash and unlock a hd7 would it re-simlock to default carrier such as O2?

no, once a phone is sim unlocked then it will stay unlocked, dosent matter how many times u flash custom rom.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

it was said ...that after sim unlocking ...2 users have reported that the 5.10 europe rom worked --> Update on 30.12.2011: Two TMOUS users did confirm that after SIM unlock it worked for TMOUS too!! with RUU Schubert htc Europe 5.10 401 04 slspl sighned by ansar .zip my bootloader is at 5.12 tho like I said in my previous post

iam not sure what your actually trying to do?
if you want a custom rom.... u have to downgrade ur HSPL
there are only 2 ways, first earier is by flashing stock rom
second is goldcard
1, downgrade HSLP by install/flash stock rom
2, install cotulla HSPL here http://htcfanboys.com/download/cotulla/?action=view&file=2942
3, flash any custom rom you like

Reactions: hotdogggg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes your bootloader is below 4.x, so you dont have to downgrade your HSPL....
    but first you have to goto bootloader screen and check you model number !
    and see if you can install HSPL from cotulla, if your model is not supported by cotulla HSPL then you cant do anything, like me, wait and prey cotulla releases more support

have a gr8 day
    hi gargamel35

i dont think you had 2 downgrade as your v7390 shouldnt have bootloader higher then 4.x... but any way,
    first boot into bootloader and check model mids number?
    step 1 check to see if your phone will accept Cotulla HSPL, if NOT you cant do anything !
    cheers

have a gr8 day
    ok
    first turn off the phone
    once phone is off ... press power button and volume down
    you should then enter bootloader screen... tri colour
    tell me every thing you see there?
    cheers

have a gr8 day
    lucky you
    , you can install custom rom

sh4d0w86 has a very good instructions, better then mine !

any way

go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647 and
    1, download hspl by cotulla
    2, download custom rom
    3, put phone into bootloader mode ,
    4, then connect to pc
    5, flash/install cotulla hspl
    6, check hspl installed.... enter bootloader.... should now see hspl by cotulla
    7, install custom rom

as i said sh4d0w86 has has better guide, please read his too.

if this helps dont forget to click thanks button

cheers

and have a gr8 day
    yes