HTC one x time for full battery charge

Search This thread

hannibal2469

Apr 19, 2012
Hi
Please post the time it takes for you to charge the phone from 0 to 100 when it is not being used and is on standby also the mention the update you have

my phone takes 2 hours with 1.28 update

kizax

Mar 28, 2012
Belgrade
That is a good time. With my New one i need also 2h. With the old one x i needed more than 6h

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Hassan99

Nov 26, 2008
The first charge was about 6h!! (Wallcharger , not USB)

I don't know how it is now. I plug the phone to the wallcharger in the evening and unplug it at the next morning

itsmoe

Jan 2, 2012
The first charge was about 6h!! (Wallcharger , not USB)

I don't know how it is now. I plug the phone to the wallcharger in the evening and unplug it at the next morning

That's what I do as well but I don't think its the best way to charge the phone as sometimes I wake up in the middle if the night and the phone is close to exploding from the heat it generates while charging.
But as how fast it charges, I think around 2 hours for me too. USB takes a little longer, I'd say about 5-6 hours.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
That's what I do as well but I don't think its the best way to charge the phone as sometimes I wake up in the middle if the night and the phone is close to exploding from the heat it generates while charging.
But as how fast it charges, I think around 2 hours for me too. USB takes a little longer, I'd say about 5-6 hours.

Your phone is overheating from charging? Something wrong. Mines very cool, basically like its turned off or idle.

Takes a while to charge fully though

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
2hr 50mins from 'completely dead' (phone turned off and remained off till charged )

V.1.29

I think that's pretty darn good!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

DanteGR

Dec 14, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 11

Actually i think it's ok if it gets a bit warm when charging BUT it should cool all the way down when getting to fully charged.

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
I always plug mine in overnight... I wish I could specify a slow charge to prolong battery life. No idea how long it takes to charge.

ArmedandDangerous

Aug 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I always plug mine in overnight... I wish I could specify a slow charge to prolong battery life. No idea how long it takes to charge.

There's no need for it. The charger stops at 100% and goes into battery mode until 95%, then starts charging again. It never approaches overcharging at any point. This is also why sometimes when you unplug your phone, it drops a few percent almost immediately, cos 100% battery was already achieved some time ago, and has been on battery the last few % :)

itsmoe

Jan 2, 2012
There's no need for it. The charger stops at 100% and goes into battery mode until 95%, then starts charging again. It never approaches overcharging at any point. This is also why sometimes when you unplug your phone, it drops a few percent almost immediately, cos 100% battery was already achieved some time ago, and has been on battery the last few % :)

I think you are right. It does happen to me sometimes when the battery is showing 100% and once unplugged and used for a few minutes it drops pretty quickly.

hannibal2469

Apr 19, 2012
hehe i know i orginally said that i was getting 2 hours(this was the first charge cycle of the phone )
but now it takes me 3 hours for a full charge this is after the 1.28 update

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
going to add here, go to settings and power and check the status if it says (charging - USB) then it will charge slow for me it's 20% an hour from a USB. I also have a charger cable (has plugs for iStuff, micro USB/ mini USB and that tiny one for Nokia) and when that it plugged in it says (charging - AC) and its a lot faster.

voipben

May 5, 2012
Thanks for the thread. It also takes mine just under 3 hours from completely dead and I was thinking that was on the long side. (My Atrix 4G used to take 2 hours.)

HTC One X/AT&T

dorianmayers

May 16, 2012
Hello,
i own an htc one x and the charge time are usually around 3-4.5 hours. now granted many say their average charge time for this phone is about the same. but what bugs me is that i charge my phone with a 5v+/- 1 amp charger in a 110v 50hz socket.

i have an app that measures battery usage, charge times and the amount of mAh being used or stored @ a given time interval. now when i charge the phone through the 110v socket i get 386 mAh the max from the socket. where as at my school we use 220v sockets (i have both connectors for my phone) and i get easily 895 mAh reducing charge time to just over 2 hours. so my question is.

the specification on both chargers is:

+/- 5v 1amp

so even if there is a difference in sockets both still list 1amp. so why do i only get under 400(386)mAh at home and just under 900(895)mAh at school?

btw. noob. if im in the wrong section plz redirect me. only board that looks close to what i need

Reactions: rsunde

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello,
    i own an htc one x and the charge time are usually around 3-4.5 hours. now granted many say their average charge time for this phone is about the same. but what bugs me is that i charge my phone with a 5v+/- 1 amp charger in a 110v 50hz socket.

i have an app that measures battery usage, charge times and the amount of mAh being used or stored @ a given time interval. now when i charge the phone through the 110v socket i get 386 mAh the max from the socket. where as at my school we use 220v sockets (i have both connectors for my phone) and i get easily 895 mAh reducing charge time to just over 2 hours. so my question is.

the specification on both chargers is:

+/- 5v 1amp

so even if there is a difference in sockets both still list 1amp. so why do i only get under 400(386)mAh at home and just under 900(895)mAh at school?

btw. noob. if im in the wrong section plz redirect me. only board that looks close to what i need
    Dude, what program do you use to see these things??

Battery monitor widget. But I dont trust the stats it gives. I stream music to my BT headset and it drains -4mA according to BMW, just like when idling.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I am on stock 1.29....when i get my battery around 20% i usually switch the phone off as it is nigh time and put it on charge but the red light takes forever to turn green....actually once i was in four hours (of charging) and the light was red so i switched the phone on and it turned green....what do u think is the problem? was it waiting for me to switch the phone on to turn green and when i checked the battery stats using *#*#4636#*#* the battery had full on its status and the temp was 40 C :s
    plz reply anyone...thanks....