[Q] [SOLVED] How to enable Pressure Sensor / Barometer in ST17i

Search This thread

kc1

May 30, 2006
Hi, does anyone know how to get the Xperia Active ST17i pressure sensor to work with custom roms?

I can see 2 ROMs where it is mentioned: here, that pressure sensor support was added to one of the MIUI ROMs, and here in the NextGen v8 ROM, but I'm not sure what was does to enable it. Can somebody tell me if it is straightforward to do for other ROMs? By that I mean is there a file I could flash via CWM/Fastboot that would let me add support to an existing custom ROM that doesn't have the sensor enabled? (I am currently running a ROM no longer supported by "kamarush".)

Thanks for any tips

Last edited:

kc1

May 30, 2006
I found an answer with the help of Ayush Singh, and a file that domy_xda posted here. I have attached it again here just in case.

You need to unzip the attached and place the file "sensors.default.so" in \system\lib\hw\ and then reboot (You'll need write access to the root using ES File Explorer or Root Manager. I made a back up of the existing sensors.default.so file first, and as soon as I copied the attached file, using ES File Explorer, the phone spontaneously rebooted.) I can confirm it is working with apps including SyPressure

Attachments

• sensors.default.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 45