[Q] How to Flash ROM without Permanent Recovery

Search This thread

alharaka

Mar 29, 2011
I just purchased a shiny new ST26i Xperia J because I do not have the cash money to splurge. I spent a decent amount of time perusing the threads in the General section and this one as well. I see some people have worked on still incomplete ports of ClockworkMod and the TeamWin recovery systems. Without those, how would one flash a different ROM onto this device? I see a few people have attempted it, but the details are unclear as to how they got that far.

I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully exploited and tested the root on my default firmware (110.2.A.0.21), but no idea where to go from here. Apologies in advanced, I am used to that Samsung bull**** with flash recovery partitions and such, but there garbage open-source stance and their non-commitment to the community made me, even with the little dough I have, put my money on the Xperia guys who have been much more open.

hard91

Nov 18, 2012
PATIALA
Yup you will soon get cwm and twrp for your phone

Xperia is more open source than samaung

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You can search
How to port twrp to xperia device
By using tutorial you can get working recovery

Hit thanks if i helped you

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You can search

Are you kidding..
Dude please be simple with him...
He asked if there is any stable way to install rom without recovery
And you suggest him to port it???

thank me if I helped you...Don't say it,hit the button...

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

I just purchased a shiny new ST26i Xperia J because I do not have the cash money to splurge. I spent a decent amount of time perusing the threads in the General section and this one as well. I see some people have worked on still incomplete ports of ClockworkMod and the TeamWin recovery systems. Without those, how would one flash a different ROM onto this device? I see a few people have attempted it, but the details are unclear as to how they got that far.

I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully exploited and tested the root on my default firmware (110.2.A.0.21), but no idea where to go from here. Apologies in advanced, I am used to that Samsung bull**** with flash recovery partitions and such, but there garbage open-source stance and their non-commitment to the community made me, even with the little dough I have, put my money on the Xperia guys who have been much more open.

Dude...to install a rom,you must need a recovery.. It's mandatory
There are cwm recovery available for your device for sure..without cwm or twrp you wouldn't be able to install a Rom
But you can flash zip mods with an application

If you are looking for a stable recovery, I think you will have to wait..
To be precise... You don't have any other options to install roms,other than by recovery..

Although I don't own a J...:D;)

Thank You...

Reactions: redkib

s.mihir94

Aug 12, 2012
I own a SXJ ;) You can flash a ROM in SXJ after flashing CWM So, first of all you have to flash CWM .img file and then flash your ROM.zip and then again go for the stock or vengeance kernel! Best luck :)

Thank me if i helped! :)

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: redkib

Theo_Nitrox

Apr 4, 2014
help D:

Well i need help i have an HTC One (m7) i started installing Android Revolution HD ROM for some reason it is not working i have used other costume roms before but this time when my phone reboots it shows the HTC logo only (Not the HTC ONE logo) and shows a small massage in the bottom in red saying (This build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission Failure to comply may lead to legal action.) so i went back to the boot loader then to recovery which is CWM and when it opens it shows the logo and the text but it doesn't show the options and closes immediately. plz help me!

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
Well i need help i have an HTC One (m7) i started installing Android Revolution HD ROM for some reason it is not working i have used other costume roms before but this time when my phone reboots it shows the HTC logo only (Not the HTC ONE logo) and shows a small massage in the bottom in red saying (This build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission Failure to comply may lead to legal action.) so i went back to the boot loader then to recovery which is CWM and when it opens it shows the logo and the text but it doesn't show the options and closes immediately. plz help me!

No.

This is xperia miro/tipo/j/e forum, go to htc one forum and post your problems there.

And besides, last post in this thread is from before almost half a year.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can search

Are you kidding..
    Dude please be simple with him...
    He asked if there is any stable way to install rom without recovery
    And you suggest him to port it???

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Dude...to install a rom,you must need a recovery.. It's mandatory
    There are cwm recovery available for your device for sure..without cwm or twrp you wouldn't be able to install a Rom
    But you can flash zip mods with an application

If you are looking for a stable recovery, I think you will have to wait..
    To be precise... You don't have any other options to install roms,other than by recovery..

Although I don't own a J...:D;)

Thank You...

I own a SXJ ;) You can flash a ROM in SXJ after flashing CWM So, first of all you have to flash CWM .img file and then flash your ROM.zip and then again go for the stock or vengeance kernel! Best luck :)

Thank me if i helped! :)

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app