[KERNEL] + [FIRMWARE] Stock 17.1.A.2.55 FTF's

Search This thread

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
I'm one of the folks in the U.S. who bought their unlocked D6503s from Clove in the UK. So I assume my firmware is UK version?

Anyway, I created a 17.1.A.2.55 FTF for the stock firmware from the PC Companion source with Flashtool and also created a separate stock kernel FTF manually. I've flashed both on my phone and they work fine.

I figured these might be useful to some of you...

Stock Firmware 17.1.A.2.55: Here (Mirror)

Stock Kernel 17.1.A.2.55: Here (Mirror)

Instructions:

1. Save the FTF to the Flashtool firmwares folder
2. Put your phone in flash mode (vol down + plug in USB)
3. Open Flashtool
4. Click the lightning button
5. Choose Flashmode
6. Select the FTF and flash it

Regards,

Praz.

Mega appears to be acting up ... posted Google Drive mirrors..

Last edited:

[NUT]

I'm one of the folks in the U.S. who bought their unlocked D6503s from Clove in the UK. So I assume my firmware is UK version?

Anyway, I created an 17.1.A.2.55 FTF for the stock firmware from the PC Companion source with Flashtool and also created a separate stock kernel FTF manually. I've flashed both on my phone and they work fine.

I figured it would save the effort of relocking the phone and doing a repair in the future if something went wrong. Would you guys find it useful if I posted these? If so, which section should they go?

Thx,

Praz

Upload the full FTF to mega or google drive and put up the link in this thread and change the topic title. This is as good as it gets. :good:

Reactions: prazvt

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
Praz, The link to the kernel seems to be trying forever, if you get a chance can you take a look at it.

That's weird. Yeah it's doing the same thing for me (both from public link and from within my acct). I'll re-upload the kernel when I get a chance and see if that fixes; otherwise, I'll provide a googledrive link. I'm in a conference call for the next 2hrs, so will do it during my lunch break and reply back.

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
Appreciate your swift response. Thank you

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I suspect there's some glitch with Mega because I can't quite figure out the issue. I tried putting the files within different folders and I'm getting 'Temporary Error' messages.

I'm uploading both files to Google Drive to use as a Mirror (will update links when uploads complete).

T_D_H

how do you flash the ftf file with flash tools? it only allows .sin fles for kernel and it fails, I accidently flashed a kernel on my locked z2 and cant seem to figure this flash tool out, I tried extracting just the kernel.sin but it failed so it is a little annoying this moment to not have a phone lol.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

nevermind I figured it out lol, was in fastboot instead of download mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyway, I created a 17.1.A.2.55 FTF for the stock firmware from the PC Companion source with Flashtool and also created a separate stock kernel FTF manually. I've flashed both on my phone and they work fine.

I figured these might be useful to some of you...

Stock Firmware 17.1.A.2.55: Here (Mirror)

Stock Kernel 17.1.A.2.55: Here (Mirror)

Instructions:

1. Save the FTF to the Flashtool firmwares folder
    2. Put your phone in flash mode (vol down + plug in USB)
    3. Open Flashtool
    4. Click the lightning button
    5. Choose Flashmode
    6. Select the FTF and flash it

Regards,

Praz.

Mega appears to be acting up ... posted Google Drive mirrors..

Anyway, I created an 17.1.A.2.55 FTF for the stock firmware from the PC Companion source with Flashtool and also created a separate stock kernel FTF manually. I've flashed both on my phone and they work fine.

I figured it would save the effort of relocking the phone and doing a repair in the future if something went wrong. Would you guys find it useful if I posted these? If so, which section should they go?

Thx,

Praz

Upload the full FTF to mega or google drive and put up the link in this thread and change the topic title. This is as good as it gets. :good:

Done and Done - thanks!
    @kbadone, yes mine is the same.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app