[Q] I can't install a ROM

Search This thread

Naman.Sharma

Jul 29, 2014
Kolhapur
I have a samsung galaxy ace S5830. i have flashed CyanogenMod 10.1. But im having a lot of trouble with it. I want to install another Rom but i cant do it!!. I even tried going back to custom ROM but whenever i try to flash any ROM it shows this error
E: Can't Open/ sd card/ Stock Rom.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
This shows for whatever rom i try to flash. But if i reflash CyanogenMod 10.1 it successfully Flashes it but not any other Rom. What can i do to fix this.. Please help.. Help would be really appreciated. Thanx in advance!

andreiav

Jun 4, 2014
Brasov
I have a samsung galaxy ace S5830. i have flashed CyanogenMod 10.1. But im having a lot of trouble with it. I want to install another Rom but i cant do it!!. I even tried going back to custom ROM but whenever i try to flash any ROM it shows this error
E: Can't Open/ sd card/ Stock Rom.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
This shows for whatever rom i try to flash. But if i reflash CyanogenMod 10.1 it successfully Flashes it but not any other Rom. What can i do to fix this.. Please help.. Help would be really appreciated. Thanx in advance!

Did you check the md5 of the rom you downloaded? this way you can make sure your download is not corrupt. It really sounds like it is.

Also, to install stock ROM, you should use a pc, Odin, and the latest firmware for your device from sammobile.com instead of flashing through recovery. Not that it can't be done by flashing through recovery, but through Odin everything returns to stock, including recovery.