Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) RESTART by itself ?

Search This thread

s.shah@evis.co.in

Aug 14, 2014
Note # Sm-N9005

Hi i got my Note 3 from HK and currently using in india. I had huge problems from day 1 after first software update recieved from official samsung on my phone. Now my phone is on Kitkat and it randomly restarts every hour or two. Also when i make phone calls majority of the time they dont go through. Most of the time i am unable to pick up calls as the phone does not respond to my touch. It freezes also when some applications are running. I am tired of it and since i bought from HK it has no warranty in india. Please help me with this.I have tried all the wifi scanning and other issues. Even flashed the UK ROM using ODIN but no result. Still the problem is the same. Looking for urgent help.

radzio27

May 17, 2009
Since root and set cpu I've had no issues.. Its the only fix I know of.

After few months of crashing, and restarting, I send my Note to service center on warranty with knox 0x1. They changed mainboard. Currently testing, but it seems to be ok right now.

Freeze and rebots, restarts of Note 3 have to be HARDWARE FAILURE

mgutt

Nov 8, 2012
Hennef
www.maxrev.de
I found out that the Google Keep Widget on my home screen was the reason for random reboots (1-2 per day).

This is independent of the used launcher.

But I'm still on N9005XXUENB1. Maybe this bug was solved later.

adiprince1

Aug 31, 2010
Since root and set cpu I've had no issues.. Its the only fix I know of.

Hello have you used post #47 in your setcpu settings? Thx.

Edit: I have root without tripping knox and applied the posted settings for setcpu and it's been a day no reboots. Going strong. Can't thx enough. I usually have 4 5 freezes and random reboots every day but nothing so far

Update : hello everyone this is for the people who do not want to root their phones. Long story short I wanted to unroot the phone for Warrenty purposes. So I flashes the rom with Odin. The restart came back. However I decided to refresh my phone using kies 3.0 and guess what I was able to flash firmware through kies and the problem solved. No freezes reboots. No root required. Mind that I flashed different version of my carrier's stock firmware though Odin but the reboot problem persisted. But after flashing through kies. It's gone. I am a happy camper again. Good luck to those who don't want to root their phones. Gives kies 3 a try and see if you get rid of random reboots.

Last edited:

DaPoets

Jul 10, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
I'm on JasmineROM 5.0.2 Android 5.0 and I still get the random reboots, sometimes 5 - 10 times a day if i am using the phone a lot, sometimes it's just sitting on a desk and reboots on it's own. Flashed numerous ROMs numerous versions of Android, different microSD cards, wifi settings, etc.... At this point I just purchased another battery to see if that helps at all as I have read it fixed it for some people. I figure it's worth a try for $10. Just holding out until Note 5.

Verizon.....

Overture

Mar 7, 2008
On stock 5.0 rom, i still have random reboots, before i used CM12 Roms like (Bliss and teamasek) and never experienced a reboot.

Jeweettoch13

Jan 3, 2013
Gelderland
On stock 5.0 rom, i still have random reboots, before i used CM12 Roms like (Bliss and teamasek) and never experienced a reboot.
Same here. I jumped to 5.0 this weekend trough flashfire. All of a sudden this morning experienced 3 random boots within the hour. It could be because of the old bootloader perhaps? XXUEND3 from 4.4.2. I would like to upgrade it to the latest 5.0 bootloader with Odin too see if I can fix the random boots but don't know if I lose root when I do it. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wanga1969
    Can you show your setcpu profiles?

Sure
    Now I'm sure it's a hradware issue , I got ride of my Note after all solutions failed pertmenantely , my new Note 3 is the same model it's with me for a month now with no single restart since its first boot , I didn't reach a reason nor a solution but thanks for all the members here tried to help me out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Did you try my app Phone INFO ★Samsung★ to get detailed info and check your phone with the 'Fake Detector' function (under the Menu)?

You can find something interesting here...
    Yes , I tried it with my previous and current Note 3 and it's amazing informative small app , thanks dear friend.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

I don't udnerstand first screen. It should be 422min 2265 max or 1958 min 2265 max?

Just to update use below settings for main. After a day at 1190 I just had a reset.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    problem resolved for mi

Hello again. I have`t wrote anything since because I wanted to make sure if I have solved the problem or not. Well, since the last time I wrote, that week I bought an (original) new battery, anyway aI needed one, and to my surprise :::: HE HAD NO NO RESTART FROM 10 JUNE 2014 UNTIL NOW . I have rooted my Note III 10 days ago and is going great. have solved 95% of the problems. PROBLEM SOLVED for me (for now), and I hope it stays that way. Greetings to all and hope I have been helpful.