[ROM][KERNEL][PORT][LOTK]4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shizume

Aug 25, 2010
Shizume, Thanks so much for this. Just a question as this is kind of new to me. The original black is a .rar file so I would want to create the folders on my sdcard and put it into there?
The Blue version is a .zip so I can flash that from recovery and it would create the folders? Just trying to understand and learn.

Thanks again!

Naters
No, it's not a flashable file. Just use the same direction from the original post.

Reactions: NaterTots

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
I have another question i am hoping someone can answer. What are the real differences between the classic kernel with SBC and the underworld kernel with SBC? By the way i flashed the ROM again and all is good again on software information.

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita

Attachments

• 2012-04-26_09-34-56.jpg
    2012-04-26_09-34-56.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 173

shizume

Aug 25, 2010
I have another question i am hoping someone can answer. What are the real differences between the classic kernel with SBC and the underworld kernel with SBC? By the way i flashed the ROM again and all is good again on software information.

The major difference between the two is with underworld kernel, you can undervolt or overvolt it using viperMOD. If you don't like messing with then classic is fine but you can still use each kernel about 2 days each to see which kernel works better for your phone

Reactions: partyman1971

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
The major difference between the two is with underworld kernel, you can undervolt or overvolt it using viperMOD. If you don't like messing with then classic is fine but you can still use each kernel about 2 days each to see which kernel works better for your phone

Do you happen to know why the display is using so much battery? I have it set on auto brightness and i don't have the box checked to make it stay awake.

shizume

Aug 25, 2010
Do you happen to know why the display is using so much battery? I have it set on auto brightness and i don't have the box checked to make it stay awake.

I really can't tell...mines is running at 81% and phone been off all morning. I'm running underworld sbc .05. My auto bright if off... Maybe diablo can look into this

Edit: it may read that in battery use but battery didn't seem to draining or anything

Last edited:

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
I really can't tell...mines is running at 81% and phone been off all morning. I'm running underworld sbc .05. My auto bright if off... Maybe diablo can look into this

Oh well. I am still getting great battery life none the less.The last ROM i ran that was this smooth was tommy's classic, but i am liking this one more. My friends love the 4 corners and a couple wish they would have kept their EVO instead of getting IJunk.

Diablo67

Edit: it may read that in battery use but battery didn't seem to draining or anything
Yea im running the same settings as you are.My battery is doing pretty good.

Oh well. I am still getting great battery life none the less.The last ROM i ran that was this smooth was tommy's classic, but i am liking this one more. My friends love the 4 corners and a couple wish they would have kept their EVO instead of getting IJunk.
Yea gotta love that Ijunk,lol.

nYdGeo

Jun 16, 2010
New Orleans
I really like this ROM. Although it benchmarks the same as most any other ROM on my phone, the UI response to user input is just downright snappy!

But, I simply do not like the Sense 1.0 Email client. I've been spoiled by the check boxes on emails in the Sense 2 and up Email client software, much like what the GMail client software has. The ability to select and delete multipple emails at once.

I tried using K9 Mail but didn't really care for it. Can anyone recommend an Email Client software that is similar to the email client software that comes with later versions of Sense?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
I really like this ROM. Although it benchmarks the same as most any other ROM on my phone, the UI response to user input is just downright snappy!

But, I simply do not like the Sense 1.0 Email client. I've been spoiled by the check boxes on emails in the Sense 2 and up Email client software, much like what the GMail client software has. The ability to select and delete multipple emails at once.

I tried using K9 Mail but didn't really care for it. Can anyone recommend an Email Client software that is similar to the email client software that comes with later versions of Sense?

Thank you in advance!

I use enhanced email....

Reactions: nYdGeo

tj gamino

Jul 6, 2010
Yo.. I finally got this ROM to download yesterday.. and I gotta say.. this bad boy is tight!.. got my boy that has a Sony xperia wishing he could get this.. sorry bro, but you can't f--k with tha OG EVO!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Developer/Rom Disclaimer:

I will not be held responsible for anything that happens with or to your phone after you install this rom.

Team LOTK

jamieg71
    Papasmurf151
    Ropodope
    Miksheppard
    Kendallc123
    Diablo67

Install Instructions:

1)Download Rom
    2)Do a nandroid of your current rom
    3)Copy rom to the root of your sd card
    4)Reboot into recovery and wipe everything but the sd card 3 times
    5)Find rom and install
    6)After rom install,find gapps and install
    7)Now theres 2 options that work,you can either install DT's app2sd or New Data To SD-EXT Mod(Uses SD Ext as internal)
    8)After install reboot and setup rom
    9)After setup,reboot one more time to set the tweaks.

Q & A

"What if an app keeps FCing"???Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik,the go to options and fix permissions,if that doesnt work,uninstall the app and reinstall it.

"Why cant i download apps from the playstore,i keep getting an error"???Go into system settings,then find applications and find playstore app and clear cache and data and reboot,then sign back in.Also try wiping cache and dalvik,it wont hurt.

Videos

4 Kornerz Ultimate Extras

CrossBreeder-Entropy Lag Reduce/DNS Speedup/Tether boost/Clean Adblock!

Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs

New Data To SD-EXT Mod

Darktremor Apps2SD

Gapps 4.1.2

Rom:

4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2

Older Releases:

4 Kornerz
    Is it still the same base as the previous release?
    Duh. Helps if I read. Never mind. Sorry.
    The first base was 4.67 but it was'nt optimized and it was ode'exed.Also used a stock kernel.This one is an optimized base with the classic SBC kernel from ca1ne.
    Ok guys,im finishing up the update now.Will be up by tomorrow morning,checking for errors and fc's now.This will be on a different base and kernel,with more mods and tweaks and i took the theme back to default,i had requests to leave it as a default,so some could theme it,but i want the themes posted here,so other members can use them.
    Update!!!!

Ok guys,im outta town right now,but ive been working on a great update for the rom,i have made some big changes to the rom,1 of the things was just by replacing the base with CM9 or the 5.07 base,the 5.07 base seems to be very stuborn,giving me a few problems,the CM9 base seems to work with everything,lol,not sure which one im gonna use yet,i'm doing some light themeing right now,so there will be an update in a day or so.Need to give those poor guys a break over at Team Dirt,they've been working hard on some great stuff,make sure you give these guys some props.
    Ok guys everythings finished but the rom,i have a few more things to touch up and this thing will be ready for release,thanks to all the help from my friends and great devs,Robobob,Smelkus,Tronit and jlmancuso,for their help and hard work.