[Q] Help! Lenovo S860 Hard Bricked

Search This thread

rusdijanto

Sep 30, 2009
I have a Lenovo S860 was hard bricked because of flashing a wrong ROM.
The condition now is:
- It is dead. When Plug in USB the indication in the phone showing Red LED (like charging status). No Android logo display (only blank screen)
- Plug in to PC. The PC is able to detect the USB as "MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port (COM7)

What I have tried:
- Flash tool ver.5.1348.0.100 and ver. to flash Factory ROM Failed with error: "BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005)"
- Press Vol+ button then connect USB --> No response
- Press Vol+ and power button --> No Response
- Press Vol+, Vol- and Power Button --> No Reponse
- Press Vol-, Power button --> No Response

Please kindly help me to solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: bhagavan360

badbomb

Jun 29, 2012
Chennai
The condition now is:
- It is dead. When Plug in USB the indication in the phone showing Red LED (like charging status). No Android logo display (only blank screen)
- Plug in to PC. The PC is able to detect the USB as "MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port (COM7)

What I have tried:
- Flash tool ver.5.1348.0.100 and ver. to flash Factory ROM Failed with error: "BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005)"

Thank you very much.

You can maybe try the ROM and steps available at this link

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-s860/

and let me know if it worked. I also have the same phone and it may help if I mess up in the future. :D

Reactions: bhagavan360

Africaans

Aug 13, 2014
Lenovo S860 hard bricked

The condition now is:

What I have tried:

Thank you very much.

I have the same problem. Did somebody fix it?

BepvMokum

Sep 24, 2014
Repair Hard Bricked Lenovo s860

did you already fix it???

Hi!
I don't know if you've already fixed this issue, but last night I managed to resolve this!. My lenovo s860 had the same symptoms as described above. My PC didn't recognise the device when it was connected with an USB cable. This is what I did:

1.) I bought an JIG. The revival didn't work like the Samsung phones, but it does make the battery unloaded.
2.) Unload the battery by placing the Jigg about 8 hours
3.) Install the MTK drivers (when not already installed)
4.) Download the original Lenovo s860 Rom and Flash tool by clicking this link (It took a while to download the whole file...:rolleyes: ):
forum . etbuying . com / viewtopic . php ?f=18&t=4017&sid=6e8f4a06df858bf1f2f27b7c02be56e5
5.) Password = "et"

6.) Open Flash tool and try to set the standard language to English (Hint: use the Chinese .pdf file to locate the language settings)
7.) Open scatter file in the Lenovo Rom map
8.) Choose "Firmware Upgrade" in the pull down menu
9.) The row with "user data" has no path filled. Choose the same path as the other files (select the "user data.bin" file).
10.) Click Download/Start
11.) Connect your unloaded phone to your PC with the USB cable. and the download+installation of the firmware will start:D

als1

Aug 16, 2014
The same problem

My Lenovo S860 is detected by the computer, but SP Flash Tool does not start transfering the files to my phone. It does nothing when pressing power button or power + volume up + volume down. It is a shame that Lenovo did not instal a reset button on this phone.

BepvMokum

Sep 24, 2014
My Lenovo S860 is detected by the computer, but SP Flash Tool does not start transfering the files to my phone. It does nothing when pressing power button or power + volume up + volume down. It is a shame that Lenovo did not instal a reset button on this phone.

Have you tried the Flashtool and Rom from my link (remove spaces) ?

_HEnRY_

May 18, 2010
Hi,
I'm not sure what happened but phone now can't boot, can't enter recovery, can't flash any ROM.
Just red light when connected to usb power.
None of the propositions worked. Does anyone has better suggestion?

AldRezaine

Sep 25, 2012
Just wait for 1-2 days until it ran out of battery power then you can start flashing back the original firmware. Just follow exactly the instruction of flashing a firmware using SPTools.

idan3693

Nov 8, 2013
s860..

i`ll had same problem.. cant turn on .. only red light when usb connected.. go to phone shop they keep say IC problem.. no logo lenovo show juz blank screen and pc dont detect my hp..

budiprih1974

Jul 19, 2017
Solved This Problen (Unbrick S860 Deadboot)

I've found a way to solve this period. It turned out very easy. It turns out if you experience your S860 deadboot (hh dead condition, and just out the red glowing led) just remove your casing and just pull the battery connector and flash again using flash tool. Then say it is done. Hope this helps you all :p :)

divan0w

Apr 17, 2014
Hi, I tried everything but my s860 is freezing at 26-30% while flashing stock rom, tried several links, with or without battery, several different versions ot SP Flash tools, every time around 330mb freezes. Can u give me some rom which is smaller 300mb so I can try flash it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The condition now is:

What I have tried:

Thank you very much.
    The condition now is:

What I have tried:

Thank you very much.

You can maybe try the ROM and steps available at this link

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-s860/

and let me know if it worked. I also have the same phone and it may help if I mess up in the future. :D
    I have the same problem with my S860 also. Please hep me to save my phone, it just was bought on 1-jun.
    try

I have the same problem with my S860 also. Please hep me to save my phone, it just was bought on 1-jun.

SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183
    +
    S860_S122_140405