[Q] Omate Service Center

Search This thread

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Hello all,

Having some Bluetooth stability issues (details) and GPS not working, I have sent an email to Omate which suggested to send it to their Service Center and provided me with an RMA #. Being based in Hong Kong, this will simplify things (and shipping cost) but somehow, I not confident.

Has anyone had to deal with Omate Service Center before and can share their experience?

Omate has also advised me that the testing and replacement could take up to 2 Months. I found that very and with all the hassle most of us went through with the unit deliveries, I have concerns it might take even longer.

The warranty is also another point of doubt. I haven't opened the watch or used it under rain/shower/etc. but I feel like Omate might just find any excuses to void the warranty.

That said, I really want/need the BT/GPS to work. I'd just like to make sure sending it to Omate Service Center is the right move and won't get any additional disappointments or frustrating waiting time.

Thanks for any of your feedback.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Hello all,

Having some Bluetooth stability issues (details) and GPS not working, I have sent an email to Omate which suggested to send it to their Service Center and provided me with an RMA #. Being based in Hong Kong, this will simplify things (and shipping cost) but somehow, I not confident.

Has anyone had to deal with Omate Service Center before and can share their experience?

Omate has also advised me that the testing and replacement could take up to 2 Months. I found that very and with all the hassle most of us went through with the unit deliveries, I have concerns it might take even longer.

The warranty is also another point of doubt. I haven't opened the watch or used it under rain/shower/etc. but I feel like Omate might just find any excuses to void the warranty.

That said, I really want/need the BT/GPS to work. I'd just like to make sure sending it to Omate Service Center is the right move and won't get any additional disappointments or frustrating waiting time.

Thanks for any of your feedback.

From what I understand, if you live in HK they probably won't give you much hassle. They also won't find an excuse to void your warranty. If you haven't touched the casing they won't do anything.

I might stress that you're a local to HK and that you'd appreciate faster turnaround and testing. It literally takes about 2 minutes to examine the watch for damages and "test" it.

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
From what I understand, if you live in HK they probably won't give you much hassle. They also won't find an excuse to void your warranty. If you haven't touched the casing they won't do anything.

I might stress that you're a local to HK and that you'd appreciate faster turnaround and testing. It literally takes about 2 minutes to examine the watch for damages and "test" it.

Thanks for your input kuronosan.

I've decided to send my TS to the Omate Service Center. I will keep the community informed on the progress and share my experience. Hopefully it will take less than the estimated 2 Months.

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Thanks for your input kuronosan.

I've decided to send my TS to the Omate Service Center. I will keep the community informed on the progress and share my experience. Hopefully it will take less than the estimated 2 Months.

I'd like to provide feedback from my experience with Omate Service Center.

Prior to sending my watch, I asked Omate an official RMA# by sending them a message with my problem and symptoms. In a nutshell, GPS was not working and BT headset would disconnect if watch was >1feet away. This was most-likely due to an antenna issue but I did want to open the back casing and void the warranty to I resolved my self to send it for repair. Following my email they sent me an RMA#.

I sent my watch to Omate on 25Aug which they acknowledge receipt the day after (I'm based in HK so very close) . They (Chris) told me they will inspect the watch and depending on the issue they would either replace or exchange the watch and announced the expected TAT (Turn Around Time) would be around 2 Month.

1 Month after sending the watch I decide to inquire about the status of the RMA on the 25Sept and they actually confirmed it will be shipped the next day. I received the watch 2 days later. I must say I was quite surprised since they managed to return the watch earlier than expected and it seems the Omate X launch did not affect the Service Center. That said, I received a brand new watch, but the BT problems is still present, although the GPS signal in now working but very weak. Hard to say if this is a design flaw or production line issue.

Overall, the Omate Service Center acted promptly and professionally, so depending on your issues, I would recommended it.

Also, being polite and encouraging pays well with Omate.

Hope this post will help others.

agustaf

Feb 9, 2009
Hallo BenjaminM,

I have a problem with my bought (by private in Germany) Truesmart an I'am looking for the contact data to the OMATE Service Center. Maybe you can help. I like to send it to OMATE Service Center for an refurbishment.
I hope you can help

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Hallo BenjaminM,

I have a problem with my bought (by private in Germany) Truesmart an I'am looking for the contact data to the OMATE Service Center. Maybe you can help. I like to send it to OMATE Service Center for an refurbishment.
I hope you can help

Hi @agustaf,

Sure, I sent my TS to this address :
Omate After Sales,
c/o: Cross Kwan
Room A11, 1/F, Tai Tak Industrial Building,
2-12 Kwai Fat Road,
Kwai Chung, NT, HONG KONG
香港葵涌葵發路2-12號大德工業大廈1樓A11室 (in Chinese)

Tel: +852 2155 2892

Once received, they then send it back to the Shenzhen Factory for diagnosis and repair/replacement which ever applies. Turnaround time is approx 2month. I also suggest you send an email to: support@omate.com+chris@omate.com to request an RMA# before sending it. It makes it more official and tracking easier.

Hope this helps!