[BOUNTY] [$570] WiFi Calling in Non-TouchWiz ROMs. [Updated 2013/04/03]

Search This thread

mike.r.olson

Jun 17, 2010
Canton, GA
Hey guys, I'm Mike and I just migrated from the EVO LTE on Sprint to my first ever Samsung phone and also my first ever GSM phone here on T-Mobile. While I'm pretty knowledgeable about flashing/rooting/etc, I'm a development know-nothing. Since I got this phone 3 days ago, I've probably flashed every ROM available trying to find that performance "sweet spot" and with all due respect and gratitude to the amazing developers who are making some pretty amazing TouchWiz based ROMs both from the stock ICS and the JB leak, there is nothing quite like running any phone with an AOSP, AOKP, or MIUI ROM. T-Mobile's HSPA+ network destroys Sprint's CDMA (and LTE when I could get it) network in my area however I cannot get even a decent Edge network connection in my apartment, which has left me relying on the WiFi calling feature that TouchWiz offers. I'd like to start a bounty for any developer that can make WiFi calling (with my T-Mobile number) work outside of TouchWiz. While I cannot commit to much financially, I will be happy to test anything that any developer can come up with.

Thanks in advance to anybody who tries to get this going.

mike.r.olson: $50
Aerowinder: $20
Crackmulah: $20
cameronhopkin: $20
tpcrackpipe: $10
imtjnotu: $10
Android_Monsters: $50
kusgan: $20
trickinit: $30
immunityx: $50
md1008: $5
edwardlanti: $25
jparnell8839: $50
konceptz: $10
quailallstar: $10
km3k: $20
rkgoboom: $20
kolpa06: $10
themortalwombat: $30
moon19sun79star: $10
stonew5082: $20
XperianceIT: $20
layzer253: $35
beano311: $10
baethan: $25

Also, guys, please keep this thread positive.

Update!!! 2013/04/03: The bounty is up to $570! Never lose faith! Looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Ohgami_Ichiro is really working hard on it and he seems to be making a bit of progress! WOOT!

There is also a thread over in the Nexus 4 General forum (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012468) with a $1400+ bounty. I'm beginning to wonder if it is achieved on the Nexus 4, if it can be easily ported to the T999.

Keep calm and flash on...

Last edited:

Alanmw86

Jul 9, 2010
I've been dying to see this happen, If i get ahead any $ I'll throw down for it, wish I could promise anything as it sits.

Reactions: mike.r.olson

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC
Do you really think some amount of cash is going to coax Cyanogen (let's face it, almost every AOSP ROM is CM-derived) into figuring out how to get WiFi Calling working on AOSP ROMs?

Reactions: BaconStep

mike.r.olson

Jun 17, 2010
Canton, GA
Do you really think some amount of cash is going to coax Cyanogen (let's face it, almost every AOSP ROM is CM-derived) into figuring out how to get WiFi Calling working on AOSP ROMs?

Isn't this why GPL exists? If Cyanogen or Team Douche isn't interested, the source is available for anybody else who wants to take a wack at it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Professionalism goes a long way. Everyone here could use that little reminder......

theres no need for the BS trash talking and saying it's faked.

the dramafest that gets created here degrades the "community" aspect everyone *****es about.

why not keep it professional and see what there is to offer, you want the problem fixed or just more drama.. both can happen.
    Everyone..stop!
    Either aid in development that can be posted on XDA or please do not post
    There is no sense debating either way at this point
    Take it to PMs and keep it respectful.
    Too often personal feelings get in the way and tempers flare
    Post with knowledge and respect or this thread WILL be closed
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Good lord. This is a sad state of the community. This sad bickering is what people think of when they think of Android nowadays. If you don't like the one ROM, closed source approach, then don't donate. Simple as that.

If you like the one-ROM-to-rule-them-all method, then donate and enjoy it. Stop the bickering back and forth. Act your ages, not your shoe sizes.
    Ok I'm going to say one last piece on this and let it be that. Most of you probably have no clue who I am because I've been gone from XDA since my TBolt and BAMF originally left. Before that I was an active member of this community and on BAMF afterwards for the first year of development. I am not a developer, I know jack about coding, but I was always willing to help, I wrote root instructions for the tbolt that were originally stickied. I'm not saying this so you think I'm important I'm saying this so you realize I've been around android for awhile. In fact my first phone was a g1, followed by a my touch, followed by the orig droid, to tbolt and now the S3.

What I have always loved about android was the community until this stuff I'm seeing now. To those of us that would like wifi calling on aosp roms (or any rom), just stop arguing with these anthrax guys before this thread gets shuts down. There is a very good possibility someone in Anthrax made working wifi calling on an AOSP, but here's the deal this bounty isn't for one person to hold it to his one ROM and hold the android community hostage, its for the betterment of the android community as a whole. I don't know what happened with him getting kanged, but what I do know is that usually never flew in the past. Maybe things changed, I haven't been around for awhile, but this isn't what android is supposed to be. Since cupcake developers have always worked hand in hand building off each other to make the community better. It wasn't a pissing contest to prove who was the best developer, at least not to the community it wasn't because we didn't care about who came out with it first, we cared about who helped the community first.

The developers this community loves and donates to are the ones that take the time to help people out. If some developer wants to keep his precious WiFi calling code hostage, let him. Someone else will figure it out soon enough. No he won't be the first, but he will have the support of the community behind him for future projects, unlike the guy who can do everything first but hoards it for himself and his inner circle.

In closing, don't respond to these people anymore. They are probably laughing at how pissed off they made the thread. Let them even have the last word if need be. Lets get back to making this positive.
    Hey guys, I'm Mike and I just migrated from the EVO LTE on Sprint to my first ever Samsung phone and also my first ever GSM phone here on T-Mobile. While I'm pretty knowledgeable about flashing/rooting/etc, I'm a development know-nothing. Since I got this phone 3 days ago, I've probably flashed every ROM available trying to find that performance "sweet spot" and with all due respect and gratitude to the amazing developers who are making some pretty amazing TouchWiz based ROMs both from the stock ICS and the JB leak, there is nothing quite like running any phone with an AOSP, AOKP, or MIUI ROM. T-Mobile's HSPA+ network destroys Sprint's CDMA (and LTE when I could get it) network in my area however I cannot get even a decent Edge network connection in my apartment, which has left me relying on the WiFi calling feature that TouchWiz offers. I'd like to start a bounty for any developer that can make WiFi calling (with my T-Mobile number) work outside of TouchWiz. While I cannot commit to much financially, I will be happy to test anything that any developer can come up with.

Thanks in advance to anybody who tries to get this going.

mike.r.olson: $50
    Aerowinder: $20
    Crackmulah: $20
    cameronhopkin: $20
    tpcrackpipe: $10
    imtjnotu: $10
    Android_Monsters: $50
    kusgan: $20
    trickinit: $30
    immunityx: $50
    md1008: $5
    edwardlanti: $25
    jparnell8839: $50
    konceptz: $10
    quailallstar: $10
    km3k: $20
    rkgoboom: $20
    kolpa06: $10
    themortalwombat: $30
    moon19sun79star: $10
    stonew5082: $20
    XperianceIT: $20
    layzer253: $35
    beano311: $10
    baethan: $25

Also, guys, please keep this thread positive.

Update!!! 2013/04/03: The bounty is up to $570! Never lose faith! Looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Ohgami_Ichiro is really working hard on it and he seems to be making a bit of progress! WOOT!

There is also a thread over in the Nexus 4 General forum (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012468) with a $1400+ bounty. I'm beginning to wonder if it is achieved on the Nexus 4, if it can be easily ported to the T999.