Recovery Wierdness - Can anyone offer ideas?

Search This thread

vanberge

Sep 20, 2011
I'm running CM 11 nightlies, usually the latest.. I've been running CWM 6.0.4.4 for as long as I can remember after initially rooting/loki patching my phone.

Last week, Rom manager notified me that there was an update to CWM, 6.0.4.7. I thought "cool" - and I flashed it via Rom manager, which reported this was a success.

However, whenever I rebooted into recovery, I still had CWM 6.0.4.4. I tried again, fail. Decided to clean flash my next nightly and try again. Same thing. Could not get Rom manager to update.

I flashed over to Twrp using goo manager which worked fine. I used Twrp to flash over to Philz touch which worked fine.. anytime I use Rom manager now though, it seemingly does nothing even though it reports a success. For example, if I am on TWRP and use rom manager to flash the latest CWM, I'll be met with a success but a reboot into recovery leaves me still with TWRP and no CWM.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's going on -- I know I've seen others at least in the CM forum post about Rom manager acting similarly, but I also hear reports that it works fine for others. Ultimately I just ended up making a 6.0.4.7 flashable zip of my own to upgrade but I'd rather get things figured out vs make a new flashable zip anytime an updated version of CWM comes out.

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
I'm running CM 11 nightlies, usually the latest.. I've been running CWM 6.0.4.4 for as long as I can remember after initially rooting/loki patching my phone.

Last week, Rom manager notified me that there was an update to CWM, 6.0.4.7. I thought "cool" - and I flashed it via Rom manager, which reported this was a success.

However, whenever I rebooted into recovery, I still had CWM 6.0.4.4. I tried again, fail. Decided to clean flash my next nightly and try again. Same thing. Could not get Rom manager to update.

I flashed over to Twrp using goo manager which worked fine. I used Twrp to flash over to Philz touch which worked fine.. anytime I use Rom manager now though, it seemingly does nothing even though it reports a success. For example, if I am on TWRP and use rom manager to flash the latest CWM, I'll be met with a success but a reboot into recovery leaves me still with TWRP and no CWM.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's going on -- I know I've seen others at least in the CM forum post about Rom manager acting similarly, but I also hear reports that it works fine for others. Ultimately I just ended up making a 6.0.4.7 flashable zip of my own to upgrade but I'd rather get things figured out vs make a new flashable zip anytime an updated version of CWM comes out.

get the latest cwm 6.4.7 zip and flash through philz recovery make sure to apply auto loki patching (i think thats already checked never hurts to make sure though) hit power options and reboot recovery. thats my thought and u should have on screen cwm 6.4.7

vanberge

Sep 20, 2011
get the latest cwm 6.4.7 zip and flash through philz recovery make sure to apply auto loki patching (i think thats already checked never hurts to make sure though) hit power options and reboot recovery. thats my thought and u should have on screen cwm 6.4.7

Where do you get the 6.0.4.7 zip? I've only been able to find the .img file on the rom manager/cwm website...

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
Going back to my htc days n adb using it was fastboot flash flash {recovery name}.img. maybe using something like flashimgui or flashify.. just thoughts of course other than that u would need to convert to a zip file

Reactions: vanberge

vanberge

Sep 20, 2011
Going back to my htc days n adb using it was fastboot flash flash {recovery name}.img. maybe using something like flashimgui or flashify.. just thoughts of course other than that u would need to convert to a zip file

Nice! Flashify does it beautifully. CWM touch even. I cannot believe I'm just now trying this app!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's been improved between 6.0.4.4 & 6.04.7?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nothing immediately apparent, I'm just OCD about running the latest/greatest. :D