[Q] Doing a factory reset to a rooted Xperia L

Search This thread

mugenishere

Feb 4, 2013
OnePlus 3T
I have an Xperia L phone which I rooted a few months back. I haven't unlocked the bootloader AFAIR. Just rooted it.

Now I have been getting weird memory space issues. I already tried the album galleries fix, the SD-Maid, rooted and deleted junk files but it still doesn't let me install apps. So I'm planning to do a factory reset.

1) Does anyone know what exactly happens in a factory reset in XPeria L? Does it have a built-in image that gets restored? Or does it only wipe the data and cache completely?

2) Any idea whether root will still be maintained or not?

3) Is there anything that I should watch out for?

abhi007.john

Feb 20, 2014
New Delhi
I have an Xperia L phone which I rooted a few months back. I haven't unlocked the bootloader AFAIR. Just rooted it.

Now I have been getting weird memory space issues. I already tried the album galleries fix, the SD-Maid, rooted and deleted junk files but it still doesn't let me install apps. So I'm planning to do a factory reset.

1) Does anyone know what exactly happens in a factory reset in XPeria L? Does it have a built-in image that gets restored? Or does it only wipe the data and cache completely?

As far as I know, it wipes your data completely. And doesn't restore any factory image. And therefore you shouldn't lose root.
However, I can't guarantee it. There's nothing you should watch for and you can always root your device.

Hit thanks ¡*

55pawan

Jun 7, 2013
new delhi

after factory reset everything will be reset to factory image..
you will loose root access for sure.

G

GuestK0058

SU binary and the Superuser apk are installed on the system partition and thus not touchable by the factory reset.

Send from my A0001 using Tapatalk