error processing purchase in Android Market

Search This thread

Batmantis82

Nov 28, 2008
Vancouver
Hi all,

I somehow managed to break my Market App. Whenever I try to download an app (even free ones). I receive the following error: "error processing purchase".

I backed up my ROM with CWM and reset my Tab to factory default. I am able to download again. However I'm hoping that someone can send me the stock Android Market App, so I don't have to start customizing all over again.

Thanks in advance!

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
I spent hours trying to fix this and finally came to the solution. Clearing the market cache and removing your Google account must be done concurrently. If all else fails, remove your Google account, clear the cache for the market, and clear all cache and data from all applications and services that use the market icon. This is kind of like hunting a rabbit with a bazooka, but it'll git'er done.

To re-hash concisely:

Be aware: if steps 1, 2, and 3 don't work, step 4 can solve your problem ( it did for me ), but it may cause adverse effects or problems ( I'm not sure ).

1) Go to settings --> Account & Sync --> Click your Google account --> and click remove in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

2) Go to settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Click the "All Applications" tab --> and then scroll until you find "Market". Choose "Clear Data".

3) Make another attempt to download or purchase an app.

If you still receive the error message:

4) Repeat steps 1 & 2 , but in addition to clearing the market cache ( which happens in step 2 ), look for any applications that seem related to the market ( there were multiple services and programs I found ) and clear the data/cache for all of them. When this step is completed, your tablet will reinitialize upon exit. You may receive a notification or error.

5) Restart your tablet, click the market, and you will be prompted to add a Google account. Sign in and accept the terms!!!

:)

Hope this works!

Reactions: r3dcruz and dpakrr

Aspirina750

Sep 4, 2007
Barcelona
Hi all,

I somehow managed to break my Market App. Whenever I try to download an app (even free ones). I receive the following error: "error processing purchase".

I backed up my ROM with CWM and reset my Tab to factory default. I am able to download again. However I'm hoping that someone can send me the stock Android Market App, so I don't have to start customizing all over again.

Thanks in advance!

Same here, so far I have a workaround, purchase in the web maket, go back to the market app and then it will download.

Cheers

ayres

Oct 9, 2011
error on market app

Im getting crazy as I can´t download any market app at all.

The first time I installed (3.3 bl1.1), I got 6 apps downloaded form the market app, and then suddenly stop saying and error purchasing even free apps. After hours trying to change settings now the market app even doesnt open saying that cannot get info from the server!!!

Tried to clear cache, wipe data and even reinstall the rom, but the same thing happens now after just 1 download from the android market, it says "error purchasing" a free app..

I really loved this ROM, but this is a crucial feature, can someone post an workaround for this ?

fczeuner

Jun 12, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
This happened to me after restoring a nandroid. In the end I ended up reflashing and restoring my user app data from TitaniumBackup. Problem solved. Good Luck

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
You could try to restore with TTB or uninstall and install a fresh apk. Or make a new nandroid backup, flash an older working Android backup, copy the apk onto your SD card, restore the broken nandrod backpup, uninstall market, use root explorer to move the working market apk to system/app and reinstall it from there.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

hosagot

Oct 10, 2011
Im getting crazy as I can´t download any market app at all.

The first time I installed (3.3 bl1.1), I got 6 apps downloaded form the market app, and then suddenly stop saying and error purchasing even free apps. After hours trying to change settings now the market app even doesnt open saying that cannot get info from the server!!!

Tried to clear cache, wipe data and even reinstall the rom, but the same thing happens now after just 1 download from the android market, it says "error purchasing" a free app..

I really loved this ROM, but this is a crucial feature, can someone post an workaround for this ?

I had the same issue happened to me. A workaround that worked for me is using the web market. Try that, it should work. The only thing is that it wont install automatically. After downloading from the web market I had to go to the market native app and search again for the app i just dl. Now the market native app would display Install instead of download.

That was the only way to dl the app.

Then I had issue with battery drainage, So decided to flash it back to stock and no more problems with the market.

ulcard

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 6T
I had the same issue happened to me. A workaround that worked for me is using the web market. Try that, it should work. The only thing is that it wont install automatically. After downloading from the web market I had to go to the market native app and search again for the app i just dl. Now the market native app would display Install instead of download.

That was the only way to dl the app.

Then I had issue with battery drainage, So decided to flash it back to stock and no more problems with the market.

Oddly I have the same problems with the market even running stock.

insidemyhead34

Oct 25, 2011
" error processing purchase" solution that worked for me

Hi.
I'm new to the forum. I just bought my first tablet. A Viewsonic GTablet that was rooted to Honeycomb 3.0. First thing I found out about it was that I couldn't download free apps from the Market. I could get the paid ones however. I could also download free ones from Amazon. So I googled and googled and read the posts here and elsewhere and tried most of the fixes but I was as frustrated as all of us. So I thought that maybe there would be a newer version of Market that had bug fixes and so on and I found
It's version 3.0.26. I was trying to post the link but they tell me as a new member of the forum I'm not allowed to post outside links yet. Cool. The link was actually to a RapidShare site if your trust them. It was free. It was easy to just gmail it to myself and on my Viewsonic I found it in the Download folder and did the install. Sure enough I'm now a happy camper. First thing I got was Flash Player of course. I want the SiriusXM app but I installed it and log in and get the "checking for updates" that never ends. But that's a different topic.
By the way. I did email Android Market support and they got right back to me and said that they were working on it. I sent them my update that I am posting here.

apDroid

Mar 7, 2011
Phoenix
The Market sometimes just has issues. As others have said clearing cache can help. Other times the only thing to do is wait and try to repurchase again later.

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
I spent hours trying to fix this and finally came to the solution. Clearing the market cache and removing your Google account must be done concurrently. If all else fails, remove your Google account, clear the cache for the market, and clear all cache and data from all applications and services that use the market icon. This is kind of like hunting a rabbit with a bazooka, but it'll git'er done.

To re-hash concisely:

Be aware: if steps 1, 2, and 3 don't work, step 4 can solve your problem ( it did for me ), but it may cause adverse effects or problems ( I'm not sure ).

1) Go to settings --> Account & Sync --> Click your Google account --> and click remove in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

2) Go to settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Click the "All Applications" tab --> and then scroll until you find "Market". Choose "Clear Data".

4) Repeat steps 1 & 2 , but in addition to clearing the market cache ( which happens in step 2 ), look for any applications that seem related to the market ( there were multiple services and programs I found ) and clear the data/cache for all of them. When this step is completed, your tablet will reinitialize upon exit. You may receive a notification or error.

5) Restart your tablet, click the market, and you will be prompted to add a Google account. Sign in and accept the terms!!!

Hope this works!

cheers mate. I did steps 1,2 and 3 and market is working fine again

MintJulep

Jan 23, 2011
I get no love with the Jamesyboy fix.

Seems a common enough problem, but no solid fix after all this time.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Found a real fix.

Install new market.apk from
http://www.arctablet.com/assets/apps/Android_Market_v3.1.5.apk
and install.

Then hunt down and uninstall the old faulty market app.

To do that, if you click the "Market" label at the top right of the "Apps" screen the system will prompt you to complete action with...

That will tell you the name of the old market app to go find and uninstall.

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
The Market backend (not your Tab or other device) is the problem. They've been getting a huge response to those $0.10 apps, and it's revealing some issues with the servers.

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
settings- privacy- factory data reset. then when it reboots wipe data for market. it's been working for me so far for a few hours. it hasn't updated to google play store yet tho, i don't know why and don't care as long as i can download apps.

easycheese

Jan 6, 2011
Market Legacy Will cause this

if you use the google play legacy app to see what apps you have installed previously it will break in-app purchases. Uninstall and wipe normal market cache

buurmas

Jan 3, 2013
Also try clearing media cache

I periodically have the Google Play Store get stuck on "Installing..." when I try to install an app (JellyBean, different tablet tho). I've done Clear Data for it & the Google Play Services as suggested above. But what I also needed to do was Clear Data on Media Storage. I have a large (~40GB) side-loaded MP3 collection, and the media crawler sometimes gets bogged down causing problems for everything (including Camera, which is apparently connected to Gallery, which apparently uses the media crawler). Of course, after you do this you will need to be patient (and perhaps reboot?) while it re-indexes your media.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To re-hash concisely:

Hope this works!