[ROM][Cool Sense][5 April]Cool Droid v3|2.3.4|FASTEST|Data++/Stock

Search This thread

jake044

May 26, 2009
Michigan
Does anybody have a little bit more specific instructions on how to install this on my CDMA Desire? Cause it says the HBOOT thing is only for GSM. And how do I get a radio?

Thanks.

pilsener69

Jul 27, 2010
I'm testing this cool rom since yesterday, in version GSM, and it´s perfect.

Very fast and without bugs by the moment.

Thanks @coolexe

lafonjef

Dec 4, 2010
Manitowoc
I just got done flashing this onto my CDMA Desire... So far so good.. I have been without "Sense" for quite a while, seems to be working well. I will check back often and report any issues that I come across.

pageswu

Dec 3, 2010
really fast,but always can't mount tf card,i reboot and it remains.i'm sure there's no wrong with my card

JeremyLeroy96

Oct 11, 2010
Found the reason for no wi-fi. Its because of a corruption in the system file system (bad blocks on device) which means that the data++ partition is too small for the rom. Either delete some apps or convert to stock partition

Regards:rolleyes:

I'm cdma, don't have data++ still getting wifi error.

Captured a log

E/WifiService( 1119): Failed to start supplicant daemon.
D/WifiService( 1119): setWifiEnabled =truemAirplaneModeOverwridden =false
D/WifiService( 1119): setWifiEnabledBlocking:Enable Wifi
I/WifiHW ( 1119): wifi_load_driver enter
I/WifiHW ( 1119): check_driver_loaded
I/WifiHW ( 1119): insmod
I/WifiHW ( 1119): wifi_load_driver end right 3
I/WifiHW ( 1119): wifi_start_supplicant enter
I/WifiHW ( 1119): ensure_config_file_exists
E/WifiHW ( 1119): start_supplicant: timeout
I/WifiHW ( 1119): wifi_unload_driver enter
I/WifiHW ( 1119): rmmod
D/Tethering( 1119): attempting to remove unknown iface (eth0), ignoring
I/WifiHW ( 1119): wifi_unload_driver end right 2
D/Tethering( 1119): eth0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring
D/WirelessSettings( 3039): CustomizedNS:false CustomizedML:true
D/WirelessSettings( 3039): is = false, ml = true
D/ModemLink( 3039): ModemLinkEnabler
D/WirelessSettings( 3039): MLenabler
D/ModemLinkType( 3039): ModemLinkTypeEnabler
D/WirelessSettings( 3039): wifiRegexs length=2, isTetheringSupported=true
D/ModemLink( 3039): ML value = []
D/ModemLinkType( 3039): pc connection type = 0
D/ModemLink( 3039): battery changed
D/ModemLink( 3039): USB:true
D/ModemLink( 3039): BT:false
D/ModemLink( 3039): ML interface = []
D/ModemLink( 3039): ML Interface:0
D/ModemLinkType( 3039): pc connection type = 0
D/ModemLink( 3039): battery changed
D/ModemLink( 3039): USB:true
D/ModemLink( 3039): BT:false
D/ModemLink( 3039): ML Interface:0
D/Tethering( 1119): eth0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring

Last edited:

thatk1d

Aug 9, 2011
Somewhere
So what can I do to fix this since I have a cdma desire and its wifi only because its not activated and we don't have data++ hboot

lafonjef

Dec 4, 2010
Manitowoc
Well, I have been running this rom on a CDMA device for a few days, and found a few issues.

First being the same no wifi as everyone else. This isn't too much of an issue since I only really use the wifi at work. I would love to be able to use it again, but for the time I will deal with out it.

Second issue that I have noticed is that I keep getting what seemed like random re-boots. I have since noted that the only time my phone re-boots is when I have been using it for a while and then turn the screen off using the power/lock button. I don't know if it is just a bad flash or if there is something wrong with the rom itself. I haven't noticed anyone else posting about the issue, so I am thinking it is just me.

Third is that I can't seem to get my screen to rotate for use in the landscape position for texting or in certain apps that I have been fine with while using CM7. Under "quick settings" I have auto rotation ON, but it seems that nothing I do gets it to turn.

Forth thing that has come up is that the battery life seems to be quite a bit worse than previous roms. I have gone from a full charge to 64% left in an hour of intermittent use, (internet browsing, facebook, checking calendar), nothing that should have used more than, at most, 15%. I am not sure if that is due to the sense apps such as friendstream that I am not used to having running.

The fifth issue that I am having is with connecting my phone to my computer. After flashing the rom I formatted and partitioned my SD card. After that was done I connected my phone to my computer to transfer my memory card contents back onto it so I would have my pictures, music and other random files that I have saved for use but after about five minutes of transfer I would get an error that said device not ready. It seems like after a few minutes the phone would disconnect itself and I would have to try to start again. At first I thought there was something wrong with my cable, so I used an adapter to plug the memory card directly into my computer and it would just say that the card needed to be formatted.

The final thing that I have noticed is that when I use the footprints app and try to add a new "footprint" it says "No system storage." I am not sure if that is part of the issue with the SD card or if there is some other bug in the system.

I'm sorry for such a long response, but hopefully it will help with the fixing of the issues that are there so the few of us CDMA user have more options in the future of roms.

If there is anything else that I can do to help along the process please let me know, and THANK YOU for all of your hard work making this possible.

jake044

May 26, 2009
Michigan
I installed this ROM on my BravoC and found that I only have around 50mb of internal memory left and no matter what ROM I put on my phone, I still only have about 50mb of internal storage left. Can anybody help me, please?

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010

If you looked closer at what he said about any rom. How would that help him? :p If I understood right, his partitions are messed up. As to how I am not sure but apps2sd won't help him in his case.

Edit: Actually this rom should have never changed his partition sizes so I don't know what he did. How ever coolexe I don't know if you forgot the person that did the kernel but the cdma version of this has bananacakes gingercakes v7c in it. Which leads me to this question how did you get the gsm kernel fully working on cdma?

Last edited:

jake044

May 26, 2009
Michigan
If you looked closer at what he said about any rom. How would that help him? :p If I understood right, his partitions are messed up. As to how I am not sure but apps2sd won't help him in his case.

Edit: Actually this rom should have never changed his partition sizes so I don't know what he did. How ever coolexe I don't know if you forgot the person that did the kernel but the cdma version of this has bananacakes gingercakes v7c in it. Which leads me to this question how did you get the gsm kernel fully working on cdma?

All I did was update to ClockworkMod 5 and boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe dalvik, and then flashed the ROM.

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
Where did you get the info to upgrade clockworkmod? As the guide I wrote should have big pretty red letters to not upgrade clockworkmod with cmtd installed as it screws up numerous things.

If you said that from the get go we could have told you what it was :p You have to flash the remover for cmtd. Reboot to recovery and install a rom with out cmtd. Then redo clockworkmod. If that doesn't fix it run a ruu..

That should fix it all up. As I said though make a thread as the more I thought about it. I figured that was what happened.

Coolexe if you need any debugging done on cdma pm me and I will give you a hand.

jake044

May 26, 2009
Michigan
Where did you get the info to upgrade clockworkmod? As the guide I wrote should have big pretty red letters to not upgrade clockworkmod with cmtd installed as it screws up numerous things.

If you said that from the get go we could have told you what it was :p You have to flash the remover for cmtd. Reboot to recovery and install a rom with out cmtd. Then redo clockworkmod. If that doesn't fix it run a ruu..

That should fix it all up. As I said though make a thread as the more I thought about it. I figured that was what happened.

Coolexe if you need any debugging done on cdma pm me and I will give you a hand.

I must've missed the memo, haha. :p

Where do I get the remover?

n8nmad

Jan 14, 2011
re: partitions?

Jake, I understand you are just wanting to fix your phone, but I suggest u go to 2fast's forum if you need to sort this out. They are specialized in cdma desire and tshooting.
I am interested in the development of this rom, especially the cdma one and the new features.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool Droid|Android 2.3.4|FAST|STABLE|DATA++/STOCK|

Droid.jpg

Features:
    * Based on Official Android 2.3.4 HTC Droid 4.08 GingerBreadSense (A big thx to 00McD00)
    * Cache Partition Mount as Re-writable *Now u can save ur data on cache partition too*
    * Native Screenshot (hold power+menu Button for 3 sec.)
    * Advanced power menu & Extra Quick Setting
    * Fully Customized ICS & Primo Themed Rosie
    * Custom Themed Settings Menu
    * Galaxy Nexus boot animation (ICS Theme)
    * MASSIVELY themed with ICS and slate png's (ICS Theme)
    * Swipe to Clear Notifications (thx to ckpv5)
    * Volume-Rocker Song-Skipping When Screen is Off (thx to ckpv5)
    * Optimo Tweaks - Only Statusbar Tweaks Works (thx to ckpv5)
    * Andrev_oc Demon with Daemon Controller.apk
    * Screen state scaling Customizable...
    ...................screen on - ondemand 254-1152 MHz.
    ...................screen off - powersave 254-384.0 MHz.
    * RAM Tweaks (thx to Juwe11)
    * Speed tweaks with Smoothness patch
    * Rom Optimized for Speed & Stability
    * Busybox 1.19.0, Root, Superuser
    * Automatic ZipAlign by Wes Garner, slightly adjusted by ROBO
    * Cyanogen A2SD script tweaked by me, moves both Apps and Dalvik to EXT.
    * Updated APNs to Cyanogens big list (over 1300 providers)
    * Host file symlink to data partition for easier update
    * Customizable Bootanimation and downanimation
    * Some Hidden bloat-ware removed
    * AND MUCH MORE.
    * Languages supported: Don't Know

Known Bugs:
    Only Some Languages.

Requirement:
    DATA++ Hboot 180MB System, 5MB Cache, 252MB Data.
    STOCK Hboot 250MB System, 40MB Cache, 147MB Data.

EXT4 Partition For A2SD, No Swap
    Align Your EXT4 Partition With...THIS
    Also Alignment_Cool.zip Convert Your Ext3 Partition To Ext4

Latest Radio & RIL

Change Log:
    Code:
    * 3 Optional Themed Version (Stock, Primo & ICS)
    * Auto 4EXT Touch Recovery Flashing For Enabling ("Yes" or "No" Options)
    * Screen-Shots Fixed (Hold Power+Home Button For 3 Sec)
    * Changeable User Assign-key (Right Navbar Button)

Cool Droid v3 (New Users Full Wipe Recommended, Old Users Just Clear Dalvik.Cache)

Download
    Special Thanks To:
    Robo, capy, seo, snq, damo, omerkisoss, baadnewz, dungphp, NeoPhyTe.x360, templebar, Muxeu, Mike1986, m-deejay, RMK, Krzysiek, Klquicksall, MaxDroid, Diamond, Flemmard, newtoroot, joel9614, wdfowty, 00McD00, Diamondback2010, rmk40, chrisch1974, MrYuiM, ArmenianFlasher, samuel2706, QD2DC, klquicksall, jermaine151, ckpv5
    ok, so I'm sharing a personal version of this ROM, because I suspect it may be of interest to others.

this is basically the very same CoolDroid v3, but with int2sd instead of a2sd. That means you can get around 320 MB of internal DATA for your apps' data (and a 1-2 GB of SDEXT for your apk, etc). This DATA partition is typically faster for writing data than your SD-EXT

In the process, I cleaned up some outdated (Google) apps, and updated a few init.d scripts (e.g. logging to help me debug)

I'm assuming coolexe has no objections to derivative work, per this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30812195#post30812195

CREDITs
    coolexe (obviously)
    proz0r (for int2sd: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424202)
    croniccorey (generic int2somewhere: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124)
    ckpv5 (themes to this rom)

DOWNLOAD (*)
    ROM: http://www.adrive.com/public/VD6Nvm/Cool-Droid-v3-Bravo.mod-fred.v02j.zip
    THEME ics: http://www.adrive.com/public/23td35/Cool-Droid-v3-theme-ics.mod-fred.v2.zip
    THEME primo: http://www.adrive.com/public/Jwy4qk/Cool-Droid-v3-theme-primo.mod-fred.v2.zip

REQUIRED:
    - gsm Desire (no CDMA!)
    - fat32 + ext4 partition on sdcard (recommended: partition with GParted Linux or 4EXT recovery)
    (I have 1.3 GB - you need around 100-150 MB for the ROM, the rest is used by your downloaded apps (APK) & dalvik)
    - any hboot with minimum 115 MB /system and 3 MB /cache (I made one with custom hboot patcher by Thalamus, 120/5/315 MB)
    http://thalamus-hacking.blogspot.gr/2011/07/custom-hbootsupdate.html.

INSTRUCTIONS
    - read Coolexe's post#1 carefully
    - make nandroid, Titanium, ... backups - and only proceed if you know what you're doing.
    - ideally wipe /data /cache /system and /sd-ext
    - don't ask me if wipe is necessary, I don't know - have not tested.
    - flash ROM from recovery
    - reboot
    - let the ROM settle a bit (wait 5-10 minutes after you get the 'type SIM unlock code' dialog)
    - later... flash separate theme zip. To revert to original, flash ROM (no wipe) - ps: switching theme's repeatedly is EXPERIMENTAL
    edit 2013-01-01: you MUST reboot between ROM install and (optional) theme install. If you want the complete 'fresh' theme experience, you can delete the HTC Rosie data from Settings. If you don't you need at least to set the wallpaper manually after switching theme.
    edit 2013-05-09: you MUST also install the low-volume fix attached to post #1141, posted 2013-01-02

WHY?
    I'm currently exploring a few ROM options - that will keep my Desire happy for another (3rd) year.

I have quite a lot of apps, and for the last 2 years was using A2SD, but even then my /data was getting full with app data.
    Long story short, I'm now a fan of ROM/hboot/int2sd solutions that
    - put as much as reasonably possible (all apk, dalvik, sometimes framework or wallpaper/ringtones) on sd-ext
    - minimize the /system partition, maximize /data, and don't use /cache

I'm currently on Alex-V's HD Sense 2.1/3.0 mix which has a int2sd version made by Proz0r. Combined with SuperChargerV6 script (balanced setting), it's not bad, not bad at all. Just sometimes a bit laggy, not all the time, but always when I'm in a hurry ;)

I heard good things about this ROM by coolexe, but I noticed it only has A2SD. So I studied scripts by Proz0r (for Alex-V ROM) and by croniccorey (generic). I applied a mix of those scripts to CoolDroid v3, and decided to share the result.

USE of STORAGE BY THIS ROM
    Ok, this may be confusing but when the ROM is loaded, /data is your SD, and /sd-ext is your internal memory!!! Plus, a few select directories bind mounts which point into other partitions/mounts

(0) /sd-ext mount refers actually your USERDATA partion
    (1) /data mount is actually your sd-ext partition => you see 1-2 GB in Settings > Manage Applications
    (2) /data/data is a bind mount to your internal userdata partition => you see ~300MB under Settings > Storage
    (3) /system/app is a bind-mount to sd-ext/app_s
    (4) dalvik sits in sd-ext ( symlink /cache/dalvik-cache -> /data/dalvik-cache )
    (5) market temporary download files sit in sd-ext ( symlink /cache/download -> /data/download )

again, none of this is original, it's just a rehash of other scripts.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT FROM coolexe's ROM
    - installation package
    -- removed cdma
    -- moved themes to separate zips
    -- moved things around to fit int2sd storage layout
    - installation script
    -- work without prompt, without "touch-recovery pre-requisite"
    -- many changes to support new storage layout
    - remove /system/app: com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk, com.htc.StockWidget.apk, com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk (I don't use them)
    - remove /system/app: HtcCalculatorWidget.apk, HtcFootprintsWidget.apk, teeter.apk (I don't use them)
    - removed /system/app: DSPManager.apk (in Alex-V ROM I had poor results with it, and used VolumePlus; I have not really tested it on CoolDroid).
    - added /system/app/Widgetsoid.apk (I use it... and it needs to be system app to be able to toggle mobile data)
    - /data/app: update adfree
    - /data/app: add TitaniumBackup (free)
    - /data/app: remove gmail, maps-ownhere, street (get them from market, it's easier)
    - /data/data/hosts updated
    - init.d: replaced a2sd by int2ext4plus (own script / adapt from prox0r and croniccorey)
    - init.d: various minor changes to the other scripts. All of these are logging to /cache (keeping 3 rotated copies of logs)
    - removed around 7-10mb of wallpapers in /system

THOUGHTS
    - It would probably work well enough to also move /system/framework to sd-ext. That would free up another 27M from /system which would be usable by userdata

edit: If you installed this, you should also install the patch attached to post #1141 (page 115) to correct low-volume problems.

(*) (Adrive links might expire after some time - I will re-link when asked) - updated 2015-05-23
    Hi,

sorry for no reply..due to OneX and Evo3D developing...:eek:

but in this weekend i will update it...
    There is no on/off switch. But you can do the following to revert to normal sound level.

Remove the following:

AudioEffectService.apk in system/app
    semc_audioeffectif.jar in system/framework
    libxloudwrapper.so in system/lib/soundfx
    com.sonyericsson.audioeffectif.xml in system/etc/permissions

Remove the lines in build.prop but not necessary

# Xloud Engine Service
    ro.semc.sound_effects_enabled=true
    ro.semc.xloud.supported=true
    persist.service.xloud.enable=1

Hi,

thx bro. i forget to mention how to remove Xloud Engine...hehhhe

i'm out of home town...but now i'm back...so let start developing...
    Hi,

OK now working on New Base 4.08.605.2 with some tweaks hope u like it...