Franklin Planner

Search This thread

n01un0

Feb 13, 2010
Corner Bar Stool
Can someone tell me how much and where to find the Franklin Planner app that is preinstalled on this Note 10.1?

I really like the app but it says that it is only a 21 day demo. I have googled and went to Franklin Covey but cant find any info on what happens after 21 days and how much the app is. The app is only found in the Samsung Market but it only shows the demo version and not the full too.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: webplan

zer0-1ne

Nov 11, 2008
Can someone tell me how much and where to find the Franklin Planner app that is preinstalled on this Note 10.1?

I really like the app but it says that it is only a 21 day demo. I have googled and went to Franklin Covey but cant find any info on what happens after 21 days and how much the app is. The app is only found in the Samsung Market but it only shows the demo version and not the full too.

i too am looking for this

toenail_flicker

Dec 18, 2011
Can you provide a link or information that shows it was to be included? This is the first I've heard. I can't find it either.

ETA - Also, can't seem to get it to actually download.

Last edited:

n01un0

Feb 13, 2010
Corner Bar Stool
18d09359-8a4b-397c.jpg
I don't know if it was supposed to be included or not but its on mine and the two that I played with at best buy. The problem is that it's only a 21 day demo. It doesn't say what happens after 21 days, where to buy the full app or how much the full app is. Since I have only had the Note for a couple of days, I haven't reached the demo expiration yet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345816712606.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 910

donec

Aug 21, 2012

I can't find even the demo on my Note 10.1. Maybe they quit preinstalling it?

35fan

Sep 5, 2012
found the developer

I was able to install in the short time that it was on the app store. It's very powerful, with integrated calendar, notes, and tasks. Works with handwriting recognition. Syncs with Google Calender. There are no instructions or contact info on the app.

I found the developer when I noticed their logo on another product. As a new user, I can't post a link.
Search for plantoolsDOTcoDOTkr
webplan2010 AT GOOGLEMAIL
I'm sure you can figure this out.

l hope they continue development. I've emailed to ask.

rpmbnsf

Jun 22, 2007
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Found this after a bit of research - a link from the Franklin Covey community led me to it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ppol.android.tasks&feature=search_result

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Really bad reviews.

Hmmm, I do not think that link is what we are talking about on our tablets (and what this thread is about) - mine looks nothing like what's in the play store. Also it shows it to be a version over a year ago.

The app you can install from Samsung app store is like a full fledged Franklin Planner - looks and all. I'm impressed so far with how it works/looks. I just wish there was more info on it.
Also for the people that are having difficulty installing this app - I ran into the same issue but was able to finally get it installed by keep trying to install it, about the third time it finally took.

35fan

Sep 5, 2012
Find it

You can find it using the Samsung App application installed on the Note. Interestingly, it doesn't show up at the website, wwwDOTsamsungappDOTcom.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I really like the integration of calendar, notes and tasks. From the daily page that pulls up from the tab on the right, you can easily add tasks and change their status. Adding appointments is simple.

You can also write a freehand note on the page to the right. It seems to cycle between notes, tasks and master tasks. I don't really have the hang of it all yet.

I've set my default input set to Snote, rather than keyboard. For me, it's easier to write than type.

Last edited:

jchammerpants

Aug 22, 2012
I like the Franklin Planner so far as well. But I hesitate to embrace it until the purchase and support is better clarified.

The reviews say that Samsung is reviewing it. But even once approved I want to make sure i feel confident capturing all my info with it if I may not be able to get out out easily.

I know most of it syncs with Google accounts, but is there any way to get the ink notes out of it?

JC

sphere314

Apr 1, 2012
Milano
FranklinPlanner and S-Pen input

This app is available in Samsung apps (at least here in Europe - Italy) from the vendor webplan. It comes in two versions:

• [trial version] FranklinPlanner Note 10.1 (free for 21 days)
  • FranklinPlanner Note 10.1 - price €6

The commercial version claims:

Pen Plus - pen drawing, pen Memo
Especially, Pen Plus function is a special point only for Galaxy Note using the specialized pen writing.
So you can take notes of task, schedule and memo and drawing using a pen. You will have more fun and be able to manage the time more effectively.

I've downloaded the trial version but it doesn't seems a full version with just time limitation.
I say this because I can't see any way to enter notes with the pen

So maybe that's a feature only present in the commercial version.

But before buying it I'd like to know if it actually allows to jot down notes (of tasks, schedules and memos) by drawing with the pen.
I could do without with text recognition. Ink could suffice.

The app's description isn't very much clear about it and I wouldn't like to have a duplicate of S-Plan (in which, afaik, you can just insert a pre-made handwritten note).

Can anyone, who has the full version, confirm how does it work with S-Pen input?

Thanks

EDIT

I've found this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Gz1YwQuG8

followed the motions and it seems that the pen is enabled also in the trial version (in the "Pen Plus" tab)
Anyway it seems rather complicated to understand the workflow to have your handwritten notes visible in the calendar...
Any advice or tips?

webplan

Sep 12, 2012
Full version for Franklin Planner 10.1 App

Thank you for your review.
We're so sorry for the inconvenience, but there was some authentication problem in the full version.
Samsung App Store is inspecting this App. After it will be completed, you can buy it . Wait a few days, please.

Webplan Inc.

Reactions: 35fan

webplan

Sep 12, 2012
You can buy now the full version of the Franklin Planner app

Hi, Users!

You can buy now the full version of the Franklin Planner app in [Best S Pen Apps]/[Samsung Apps Market]
Search YouTube for "FranklinPlanner 10.1" and see its video.

But if your country is the United States, you can't buy it.
We had the bad new yesterday that in the United States alone, Samsung Apps doesn't support a paid services. So sorry about that.
Please ask Samsung Apps Market for help.

Webplan Inc.

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi, Users!

You can buy now the full version of the Franklin Planner app in [Best S Pen Apps]/[Samsung Apps Market]
Search YouTube for "FranklinPlanner 10.1" and see its video.

But if your country is the United States, you can't buy it.
We had the bad new yesterday that in the United States alone, Samsung Apps doesn't support a paid services. So sorry about that.
Please ask Samsung Apps Market for help.

Webplan Inc.

haha yeah...
I see that video alrd before u said can buy :p
but... where and how to buy ? My note doesn't come with the pre-install of this software also.
search google play also can't find :p
search samsung apps also can't find.

ah.....
nice app anyway (see from utube)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also having Google syncing problem

I am just trying the demo and finding the same problem... when I put an all day event in over 2 days... it shows over 3 days (includes day before for some reason?). Otherwise the app is really good. Need the sync to be accurate or else won't have any confidence in scheduling dates :(

Having issues with creating a Scheduled Event and saving using one of my Google Calenders.....
    Every time I create a new Schedule it gets saved but the second I change the date and come back it has disappeared.
    Anyone else come across this?

I don't have any issues using this particular Google Calendar with the default Calendar App installed on the Note 10.1 nor any of mt other phones and tablets.

Full version for Franklin Planner 10.1 App

Thank you for your review.
    We're so sorry for the inconvenience, but there was some authentication problem in the full version.
    Samsung App Store is inspecting this App. After it will be completed, you can buy it . Wait a few days, please.

Webplan Inc.
    Having issues with creating a Scheduled Event and saving using one of my Google Calenders.....
    Every time I create a new Schedule it gets saved but the second I change the date and come back it has disappeared.
    Anyone else come across this?

I don't have any issues using this particular Google Calendar with the default Calendar App installed on the Note 10.1 nor any of mt other phones and tablets.
    I do not seem to have that problem, I hove the sore version but the full paid version. I take notes all day long, the program crashes from time to time,but not too often.
    The company that writes this software told me a new version will be released in Jan still to fix the crash issues,

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD