So you came at XDA-Developers to find help? (Beginners Thread)

Search This thread

deathscthe

Apr 20, 2013
Hi deathscthe,

Are you still on the stock ROM? If yes simply open the SuperSu or Superuser application and locate the option for removing permanently the root. Follow the onscreen procedure and reboot. Unrooted.

To determine the exact RUU for your phone in fastboot mode at the prompt type >fastboot getvar version-main

This would be the number of my RUU, now look for your version-main, it could different from mine. If you need more help don't hesitate to ask.

Actually, use the method that Lucky Thirteen just posted. It's much easier and I didn't think about that.

Sent from either my Nexus 7 or HTC One via XDA Premium
Hi,

I have tried to unroot through supersu but it was unsuccessful. After uninstalling and reboot, supersu is still there.

Lucky Thirteen

Jul 15, 2010
Montréal
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ok noob qn: How do I know which is the right ruu to flash to.

It is OK this the good place to ask noobish questions!! :D

You have to find which version your phone is, so you need to find this information with this command > fastboot getvar version-main

Or if your phone is working follow this path > Settings -> About phone -> Softwares version -> build number

Then on the page of available RUU file compare your version and region with the ones offered :

e.g.

RUU_M7_U_JB_50_hTC_Asia_TW_1.20.709.101_Radio_4A.13.3227.06_10.27.1127.01_release_307831_signed_2_4.exe

RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.26.707.5_Radio_4A.13.3231.20_10.30.1131.05_release_309365_signed_2_4.exe

RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.20.401.1_Radio_4A.13.3227.06_10.27.1127.01_release_308001_signed_2_4.exe

Probably your phone is S-ON so you can only flash an equal or higher version, if not you wait until one become available.

Now for what you want to achieve with your phone you have to flash the stock ROM, the original boot_signed.img & recovery_signed.img and relocking the bootloader to regain the most "original" state that your phone came in.

Reactions: deathscthe

Evo Mda

Aug 24, 2007
Hi, just bought my HTC One yesterday and was wondering can I unlock and root my phone using my Macbook or do I need windows pc?

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
This may be a bit technical for this thread, but I have a Python Library that I would like to use with my Java Android project. Is it possible for me to make API calls to the Python library from my Android app?

Yes, probably too technical!

I haven't done this but maybe jython can help.

Otherwise, C is accessible from both, so you can go Java to JNI to Python.

Also, Boost has a Python to C++ mapping, and jace provides C++ to Java, but it's a little tricky to get up and running.

Jython is your best bet, just remember to compile to Java 1.6 compatibility and against the Android SDK (android.jar in the classpath) so that dex will understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomchaos

duopperi

Feb 8, 2011
Ok I'll probably be shunned for this, and I'm sure it has got to be discussed somewhere, but I have honestly been looking for hours. I'm new to Android and just got this phone. I unlocked it, rooted it, and flashed a custom ROM (TrickDroid 5.1.0). Now, my problem is that I'm no longer getting a 4G/LTE data connection. It just keeps flashing back and forth between HSDPA and 3G constantly. Again I've tried looking into this (I'm usually a very quick learner when it comes to this kind of stuff) but everything just seems to go right over my head. I try reading threads about 'RUUs', radios, etc. but I just don't understand the terminology. From what I've gathered though (and I could be way off here), I need to flash a certain firmware or something? For the radios? The thing is when I look around, everything I find is for CID HTC_001, HTC_002, etc., and modelid: PN0710000. Well I have the AT&T version and my cidnum is CWS_001, modelid PN0712000 and build number 1.29.401.12. Can anybody help me? Does anyone even understand what I'm trying to say? Any help is much appreciated!

nullkill

May 19, 2007
Seattle
Ok I'll probably be shunned for this, and I'm sure it has got to be discussed somewhere, but I have honestly been looking for hours. I'm new to Android and just got this phone. I unlocked it, rooted it, and flashed a custom ROM (TrickDroid 5.1.0). Now, my problem is that I'm no longer getting a 4G/LTE data connection. It just keeps flashing back and forth between HSDPA and 3G constantly. Again I've tried looking into this (I'm usually a very quick learner when it comes to this kind of stuff) but everything just seems to go right over my head. I try reading threads about 'RUUs', radios, etc. but I just don't understand the terminology. From what I've gathered though (and I could be way off here), I need to flash a certain firmware or something? For the radios? The thing is when I look around, everything I find is for CID HTC_001, HTC_002, etc., and modelid: PN0710000. Well I have the AT&T version and my cidnum is CWS_001, modelid PN0712000 and build number 1.29.401.12. Can anybody help me? Does anyone even understand what I'm trying to say? Any help is much appreciated!

Hey there. Sounds like you need to go over and visit the AT&T ONE forum. Try flashing a ROM or back to Stock and it should resolve the issue. All ONEs are the same hardware wise but they all have different radios flashed for different regions and carries you probaly flashed a ROM made for a different carrier than AT&T here a link the what you need http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2222

duopperi

Feb 8, 2011
Hey there. Sounds like you need to go over and visit the AT&T ONE forum. Try flashing a ROM or back to Stock and it should resolve the issue. All ONEs are the same hardware wise but they all have different radios flashed for different regions and carries you probaly flashed a ROM made for a different carrier than AT&T here a link the what you need http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2222

Thanks a lot for the response. That's what I figured was wrong, is something was messed up with the radios or something. The only thing is, multiple users have posted in the TrickDroid thread saying it didn't affect their AT&T LTE at all. I just can't figure out what happened with me. Does any of this pertain to me? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243159 If I flashed one of these, do you think it could fix the problem? I just don't wanna dig myself a deeper hole.

nullkill

May 19, 2007
Seattle
Thanks a lot for the response. That's what I figured was wrong, is something was messed up with the radios or something. The only thing is, multiple users have posted in the TrickDroid thread saying it didn't affect their AT&T LTE at all. I just can't figure out what happened with me. Does any of this pertain to me? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243159 If I flashed one of these, do you think it could fix the problem? I just don't wanna dig myself a deeper hole.

In time yes. Right now we are just beginning the journey. Give them a week and this will be ironed out. I know this sounds stupid but play with stock for a couple of weeks and it makes you appropriate what the devs really do all that much more.

RIGHT NOW DO NOT START PLAYING WITH RADIOS

sorry for all the caps but that is the one hole with HTC you want to let the devs play with first. I have been doing this for a while and that was were I got myself into a little trouble.

Reactions: duopperi

senorabe

Jul 13, 2008
Setting custom notifications and com.htc.sdm

Here's one for you guys. any assistance would be great. Stock Stock HTC One. Telus in Canada version. All i want to do is set a little mp3 as the notification for sms

couldn't add it to notifications or anything so i peaked into ringtones and saw you could add ringtones. Then it crashed and now i cannot change ringtones.

Com.htc.sdm has failed.

I've searched online and the only advice i can find from previous users was to go through personalize instead of sounds but it doesn't work either way. tried a reboot. no dice. it's a 2 day old phone..seems odd..

thanks in advance

utka

Feb 3, 2011
LG V60 ThinQ
Very interesting thread!

I am currently considering HTC One.

To follow up with the whole S-ON / S-OFF subject. The way I understand, as of now the only way to get the S-OFF version of the phone is trough a dev purchase over at the HTC website, and then you can go flash crazy with your phone :cool:

But what happens if you get an S-ON version of the phone trough your phone provider (T-Mobile, ATT, etc) If you get the S-ON version, are you pretty much SOL? or can you still disable S-ON function and be a root happy user?

Any feedback is appreciated.

nullkill

May 19, 2007
Seattle
Very interesting thread!

I am currently considering HTC One.

To follow up with the whole S-ON / S-OFF subject. The way I understand, as of now the only way to get the S-OFF version of the phone is trough a dev purchase over at the HTC website, and then you can go flash crazy with your phone :cool:

But what happens if you get an S-ON version of the phone trough your phone provider (T-Mobile, ATT, etc) If you get the S-ON version, are you pretty much SOL? or can you still disable S-ON function and be a root happy user?

Any feedback is appreciated.

All units currently have S-ON. S-ON only means you can't flash a radio or kernal but there are ways around that. The dev edition comes bootloader unlocked. Currently I believe you can unlock the AT&T bootloader but we do not know if that will last. Once you have the bootloader unlocked you can install a custom recovery and root and flash !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you came at XDA-Developers to find help? Well, this is your thread!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Hello new user and welcome to XDA-Developers. We are a developer’s forum, with the purpose of development. Our work can be used in several ways, and, we know that sometimes it could help you. So, in order to maintain our forums clean and properly organized maintaining a proper development environment while at the same time to give you a chance to join our forums we created this thread.

This thread is for sensible questions from new or inexpert users. If you think your question may be a little basic for a developer forum then this is the place to ask it.

Here you shall find an atmosphere free of prejudice, where we will try to help you in your problem, answer yourmost basic questions and aid you on troubleshooting your device. We know that learning all the technicalities takes time, however they are necessary in order to interact with us.

Bare in mind that we are not technical support, we do not work for any company or get paid to help, we are just independent developers gathered in a community called XDA-Developers. Therefore all we will do is guide you into troubleshooting your device yourself, but under no circumstance we are abided to do so.

We want you to become the kind of user we see as productiveto a developer’s community, and why not?, to be a developer yourself!

Note to General users:
    This is a chance for more advanced users to “give back” at XDA-Developers the knowledge we have gathered together in a decade of development. This is a thread to behave in a tolerant way, taking into consideration that the user posting queries might have never even heard words such as “adb” or “ROM", so, if you are not willing to be helpful, I kindly invite you to browse into another thread.

"Time has changed, Users have changed and so will XDA-Developers"

Moderators will not tolerate "flaming" or "trolling" in this thread as it is specifically provided for those who are still learning the basics.. We will delete and sanction without warning any post that show intention other than to help the new user.
    Take S-Off for Security Off. With S-Off you can directly write to kernel, bootladers and radio, while S-On devices would need a second device (a PC) to write to those areas. Its like a protection mechanism for us not to brick our phones (at least not as easy).
    There is plenty of explanations at our forums if you want t get into technical details or just want another explanation. Just try using the search button in the right top corner of XDA pages, you will be amazed how much you can find ;).

D.O.C
    XDA Developers Senior Moderator
    Guys, please keep your questions device specific.
    We can't be discussing Galaxy Tabs here.
    Thanks
    I am going to go with a NO in that subject.

Although there are plenty of methods that have been successful in several handsets in the past by using third party hardware, it can get complicated even for a advanced users to do so, since it might involve technichal aspects only manufacturers know about.

Normally, these methods are developed and posted here, depeding on the handset, it might be easy or not. Not so many years ago, these methods were as easy as flashing a "untouched" firmware, but lately, manufacturers have been implementing methods to detect if we have touched the bootloader and have increasingly making it harder for developers to break them, thus returning to a "factory untouched" state is getting harder with every new device.

In short, If you want your warranty intact beyond the existence of any doubt, do not root.
    Okay, then, I have a newbie question: can someone explain exactly what "S-Off" means?