[MOD][D802][KitKat] Mods for Pardus ROM - Guides and assistance.

Search This thread

HighlanderZA

Oct 12, 2012
"The Highlands"
picture.php

Hi Everyone

Just tested on bruce2728 - and they work. So should work on any stock ROM odexed or deodexed.

I see some of my uploads are missing from Dev-Host - If required, please shout and I'll re upload them.

This thread will be a WIP (work in progress).
I would like it to be a place where the modders can showcase and publish their efforts, show off screenshots and share Zips.
Be patient, be kind and I'm sure some of us will even accept requests, within reason and time permitting, of course.
Personally, I work all day, have a family and this is just a hobby!

All those Pardus users who enjoy modding their LG G2 climb on board and post your mods with pictures for all to see - just please help out if any problems arise.

I set this up for the Pardus modders amongst us. The Popup mods will work on any stock based ROM I think. (Let me know :good:)
The standard 12 pngs used by LG for the popup variations are the ones modded. LG has ALL of them in drawable-xxhdpi in white, which makes it an easy mod.

I've reserved a few of the first posts, perhaps I can create an index of posts with interesting and useful mods - to make them easy to find.

To All users - It is your phone - you decide what happens too it - make a BACKUP before you flash anything.
That said, I test everything I make on my phone (how else do I get those screenshots ;) ) before it goes on here and will try and help where I can if you have any problems.

picture.php

Some of mine as a starter.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Downloads are on my Dev-Host - please read descriptions.
I will add more screenshots of the mod zips as I make them.

picture.php

To all those who have helped and guided me, THANK YOU.
To @pendroz - for his great ROM Pardus
and his permission to use and abuse it with my mods.
The whole great bunch from the S2 Forum - way too many to mention.
To @xanthrax - for his Discussion thread - Discussion and Q&A
xda Developers - I'm glad I found you. Old dogs can learn new tricks!

Last edited:

HighlanderZA

Oct 12, 2012
"The Highlands"
picture.php

I created a Guide a while back - it was for Jelly Bean and the Galaxy S2 - but the principles all still apply.

Have a read - it will help you I'm sure. I will update it for KK and LG when I get the time and re-post it here.

PNG swopping guide

For Instance:
You have this :
picture.php
BUT you want this :
picture.php

The guide will help you do it!

Last edited:

trabucaire

May 2, 2007
Barcelona
Is possible to adapt these GigaMax icons for status bar shows in Pardus rom? I've tried everything and the only thing that resists and I'm missing. Thanks in advance . Greeting. uploadfromtaptalk1401657164273.jpg
Or any can to explain how made this? I try the differents files for flashing but all it's not compatible.

Enviat des del meu LG-D802 usant Tapatalk

Last edited:

HighlanderZA

Oct 12, 2012
"The Highlands"
Is possible to adapt these GigaMax icons for status bar shows in Pardus rom? I've tried everything and the only thing that resists and I'm missing. Thanks in advance . Greeting. View attachment 2775360
Or any can to explain how made this? I try the differents files for flashing but all it's not compatible.
Good Day trabucaire - yes those can all be installed - I would prefer to help you do it than just provide a zip, so as soon as time permits I'll put a guide together.

As a starter - those would all have to be replaced in LGSystemUI.apk in two folders drawable-xhdpi and drawable-xxhdpi.
If you have the icons you want and can use 7Zip to replace - you can try following this guide here.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43773654&postcount=4
It was set up with JB and an S2 ROM in mind, so filenames etc will be different, but the principles still apply.
I will update it for KK and Pardus some time.
If you are still stuck - I'll try find Dori's zip file.

Reactions: trabucaire

reemar

Jan 5, 2014
xdaforums.com
that rom is good but i dont like your new circle on the setting button that in the notification panel, how can i make it look like 7.1 again without that circle?

trabucaire

May 2, 2007
Barcelona
Good Day trabucaire - yes those can all be installed - I would prefer to help you do it than just provide a zip, so as soon as time permits I'll put a guide together.

As a starter - those would all have to be replaced in LGSystemUI.apk in two folders drawable-xhdpi and drawable-xxhdpi.
If you have the icons you want and can use 7Zip to replace - you can try following this guide here.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43773654&postcount=4
It was set up with JB and an S2 ROM in mind, so filenames etc will be different, but the principles still apply.
I will update it for KK and Pardus some time.
If you are still stuck - I'll try find Dori's zip file.

Thanks for your help. Achieved. Attached screenshot. If anyone is interested I leave the lgsystemui for testing. Greetings and thanks again. (I'm in pardus 7.1)
uploadfromtaptalk1401716652824.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401716672125.jpg
Here to download: https://mega.co.nz/#!fwJWUT4Z!ej_SPM85zj9bSTgfQMKa-So1Sakxtv0q3fX3_aNb3Uk

Last edited:
Reactions: HighlanderZA

HighlanderZA

Oct 12, 2012
"The Highlands"
Thanks for your help. Achieved. Attached screenshot. If anyone is interested I leave the lgsystemui for testing. Greetings and thanks again. (I'm in pardus 7.1)
View attachment 2776534View attachment 2776538
Here to download: https://mega.co.nz/#!fwJWUT4Z!ej_SPM85zj9bSTgfQMKa-So1Sakxtv0q3fX3_aNb3Uk

Now this is what makes the whole thing worthwhile - another modder on a growth path! :D :good: :D
Well done and thanks for sharing!

@reemar - perhaps you could try following the same guide I pointed trabucaire too and see if you can make your own mod for your phone.
The ICONS you want to change are all in LGSystemUI.apk in the res/drawable-xxhdpi folder.
You can pull the old ones from the 7.1 apk and drop them into the 7.2 LGSystemUI.

I think this is exactly what xda is all about - make your own mods or at least try - we will help.

Reactions: pertilee and AyDee

HighlanderZA

Oct 12, 2012
"The Highlands"
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fozfzssau2ec6cf/stok_ios_7_pardus.zip

ios status bar pardus hd classics :)
with xposed+g2 tweakbox
without xposed
if you don't like navbar , use custom framework :)
Thanks for sharing dregs, very nice - but those are BIG pics - please add them as 'attachments' and not 'images' - that will take up less space. :cowboy:
If you don't mind editing your post please! :angel:
You can use the " Manage Attachments" button as per the pic I've attached below. :highfive:

Edit: Just as good - almost - using the attachments button - shows a small thumbnail of the pic - we can 'click' on it to open it if required.
See trabucaire's post above.

Attachments

• Attachments.PNG
    Attachments.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Led Zeppelin

Thanks for sharing dregs, very nice - but those are BIG pics - please add them as 'attachments' and not 'images' - that will take up less space. :cowboy:
If you don't mind editing your post please! :angel:
You can use the " Manage Attachments" button as per the pic I've attached below. :highfive:

I hate xda's image server, it's too slow for preview, and this forum has'nt small image mod like [simage][/simage]...
Whatever i fix it :)

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
LG G2 setting>about phone banner

Hello everyone I know this thread is pointed out specifically for the PardusHD rom and well d802 devices but I was wondering if maybe someone can help me with the following problem :confused::

I am in the process of trying to add a custom logo or banner if you prefer to the lgsettings about phone but I ran into a bump in the road, I know you need to deodex/decompile make your changes/recompile/reodex and your done, the changes made are as follows:

-add logo.xml to lgsettings/res/layout which will point out to where the new logo is
-add logo.png to lgsettings/res/drawable don't really need an explanation here
-edit device_info_settings.xml in lgsettings/res/xml whit the following line <PreferenceScreen android:layout="@layout/logo" android:key="od_logo" /> right after xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

recompile create flashable zip with original in case of bootloops and flash, after rebooting and going into setting>about phone there is no logo but I know that sometimes the logo is placed in settings>about phone>software version and when I try to go to it I just get a quick settings force close and then the settings restart inside the about phone so my question is do you know what might be going wrong, if you need any information from me like the lines in logo.xml or anything related just let me know and I can get you the information

Thanks in advance and have a pleasant day/night :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

Hi Everyone

Just tested on bruce2728 - and they work. So should work on any stock ROM odexed or deodexed.

I see some of my uploads are missing from Dev-Host - If required, please shout and I'll re upload them.

This thread will be a WIP (work in progress).
    I would like it to be a place where the modders can showcase and publish their efforts, show off screenshots and share Zips.
    Be patient, be kind and I'm sure some of us will even accept requests, within reason and time permitting, of course.
    Personally, I work all day, have a family and this is just a hobby!

All those Pardus users who enjoy modding their LG G2 climb on board and post your mods with pictures for all to see - just please help out if any problems arise.

I set this up for the Pardus modders amongst us. The Popup mods will work on any stock based ROM I think. (Let me know :good:)
    The standard 12 pngs used by LG for the popup variations are the ones modded. LG has ALL of them in drawable-xxhdpi in white, which makes it an easy mod.

I've reserved a few of the first posts, perhaps I can create an index of posts with interesting and useful mods - to make them easy to find.

To All users - It is your phone - you decide what happens too it - make a BACKUP before you flash anything.
    That said, I test everything I make on my phone (how else do I get those screenshots ;) ) before it goes on here and will try and help where I can if you have any problems.

picture.php

Some of mine as a starter.
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Downloads are on my Dev-Host - please read descriptions.
    I will add more screenshots of the mod zips as I make them.

picture.php

To all those who have helped and guided me, THANK YOU.
    To @pendroz - for his great ROM Pardus
    and his permission to use and abuse it with my mods.
    The whole great bunch from the S2 Forum - way too many to mention.
    To @xanthrax - for his Discussion thread - Discussion and Q&A
    xda Developers - I'm glad I found you. Old dogs can learn new tricks!
    Fun stuff from the Weekend.

Evening All - some fun stuff from the weekend's messing about! ;)
    Dev-Host link in OP too.

The pngs being modded are all found in drawable-xxhdpi on the D802. I'm sure they would work on any de-odexed stock ROM.
    I've attached a list in a pic for those who would like to use them on other ROMS, but need them moved to drawable-xhdpi or wherever.
    If you know what you're doing they can be renamed to suit just about anything.
    EG: for S4 the same ones just need to be renamed to those required by Samsung!
    Spidy!

http://d-h.st/aV0 - Spidy!!!

That wall crawler again!
    Hi guys,

You can use the attached VRTheme template to mod apps in /priv-app/, I used it countless times, works like a charm. :)

edit: oops, I forgot to clear ui_prints in the updater-script; you can either delete them or just ignore it, doesn't really matter.
    great mate ! LG , life`s good but ... we can make it even better ! :cool: