[APP] ConnectBot for Honeycomb

Search This thread

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Posted this on my Twitter (@ruqqq) yesterday. Not sure how many people use ConnectBot (like I do). But anyway, I took a whole day to learn Fragment API and decided to use ConnectBot as my "test subject". Below is the result:

280102887.png

Code:
[B]Features:[/B]
- Standard ConnectBot features
- ActionBar UI
- Fragments UI

[B]Known bug:[/B]
- While a console is open, if you click the EditText on bottom right, the console will lose focus. When that happens, click the list item of the current console to regain focus.

YOU NEED TO UNINSTALL THE CURRENT CONNECTBOT ON YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT SIGNATURES
GitHub Link: https://github.com/ruqqq/connectbot
APK Link: REUPLOADED

I won't continue developing this and I hope somebody out there would improve the code. :p I've also mention ConnectBot lead developer in my tweet in hope he see this link and would merge my changes.

Last edited:

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
sudo tail?

EDIT: Reuploaded with major bugfix thanks to @mattyboy247 report

Last edited:

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
you meant you ran the command on your server? anyway.. try the reuploaded apk.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
With the first APK uploaded, after a connection to the server, I would attempt to view its apache2 error log. imediately after typing 'sudo tail ' it would FC.

The re uploaded one seems to be working now. Thanks for this.

I'll fork your Git for future reference to the code, that way I am not depending on you to see why I'm having problems, and can attempt to correct them

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
sure. please do. i'm only porting the UI for my use and for learning fragment api. i don't intend to further develop or maintain this.

jtheking

Nov 13, 2007
Love the app,

but is there anyway to disable volume control for the control the text size?

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Did you send a pull request on github? Best way to get him to merge things. I know for a fact he watches those.

I have a fork with modification to use Search key on a Transformer for ESC. So I'll learn how to use the pull request function with you. ;)

TimD123

Jan 17, 2009
Kingston
Great app idea! I love it. One problem though - didn't install for me. Running rooted stock HC 3.1 on Asus Transformer. I do have the original Connectbot installed, would that have anything to do with it?

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Great app idea! I love it. One problem though - didn't install for me. Running rooted stock HC 3.1 on Asus Transformer. I do have the original Connectbot installed, would that have anything to do with it?

Yes, in the OP he says in big red letters:
YOU NEED TO UNINSTALL THE CURRENT CONNECTBOT ON YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT SIGNATURES

;)

k_myk

May 6, 2009
Warsaw
Hello there,

can anybody upload apk somewhere and make a mirror? OP's link doesn't work for me ATM.

TIA

Adolf1994

Jun 2, 2010
Fertőrákos
Hi arctu

I just wonder why you used the base ConnectBot.
I prefer the already modified version, Irssi ConnectBot, which sports a bunch of features such as the long touch menu, symbols, device and language specific fixes, etc.
I used to use ConnectBot for local terminal emulating, but then I discovered that one modified for irssi and now I can't do a lot of things on my X10i without it.

I hope you will start to modify Irssi ConnectBot as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Posted this on my Twitter (@ruqqq) yesterday. Not sure how many people use ConnectBot (like I do). But anyway, I took a whole day to learn Fragment API and decided to use ConnectBot as my "test subject". Below is the result:

280102887.png

Code:
    [B]Features:[/B]
    - Standard ConnectBot features
    - ActionBar UI
    - Fragments UI

[B]Known bug:[/B]
    - While a console is open, if you click the EditText on bottom right, the console will lose focus. When that happens, click the list item of the current console to regain focus.

GitHub Link: https://github.com/ruqqq/connectbot
    APK Link: REUPLOADED

I won't continue developing this and I hope somebody out there would improve the code. :p I've also mention ConnectBot lead developer in my tweet in hope he see this link and would merge my changes.
    Hi arctu

I just wonder why you used the base ConnectBot.
    I prefer the already modified version, Irssi ConnectBot, which sports a bunch of features such as the long touch menu, symbols, device and language specific fixes, etc.
    I used to use ConnectBot for local terminal emulating, but then I discovered that one modified for irssi and now I can't do a lot of things on my X10i without it.

I hope you will start to modify Irssi ConnectBot as well.

Best best is probably to try and get that dev to send a pull request to the main dev and then it can just be rebased.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App