How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Search This thread

Baracs

Dec 17, 2009
Odin does work in Win7 64bit which I have on the main pc, laptop and ultra mobile and flashed successfully on all three machine.

It would do no harm using a jig - buy one on ebay for a pound or so.

If the IMEI is gone then it back to Samsung if in warranty or us as a paperweight if not in warranty.

dtomgr

Dec 13, 2008
Well my Galaxy Ace is Bricked......i tried many solution but i always stuck on odin message saying <1> setup connection .

tried 2 different pc's , windows 7 ....

i do press both vol -+ and home and power , and i hear the glink from windows that recognize the device .....

odin finds my phone .......the screen is blank......
i do select the ops and the files......i do press start.......and.......stuck.......

i have a custom rom , i installed rom manager and my phone was rooted ...
inside rom manager i installed clockwork rebooted and baaaam..... all blank..... no keys no nothing......so i tried to unbrick the phone....

any other solution ? ( tried different usb ports ..... also usb jig...... )

i have one more question , why on oding says about mapping a com port A and on my device manager samsung diagnostics serial(WDM) says a Port B ?

is there any chance my phone to unbrick ?.......

nims11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Ahmedabad
Well my Galaxy Ace is Bricked......i tried many solution but i always stuck on odin message saying <1> setup connection .

i do press both vol -+ and home and power , and i hear the glink from windows that recognize the device .....

i do select the ops and the files......i do press start.......and.......stuck.......

inside rom manager i installed clockwork rebooted and baaaam..... all blank..... no keys no nothing......so i tried to unbrick the phone....

i have one more question , why on oding says about mapping a com port A and on my device manager samsung diagnostics serial(WDM) says a Port B ?

go to samsung service centre

pliundemix

Sep 7, 2009
Cali

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):D

Roms from samfirmware:

PS. The correct European Froyo firmware is this one:
http://hotfile.com/dl/112095746/7fef9f5/S5830XWKB7.rar.html
or
http://hotfile.com/dl/111959706/1f7adaa/S5830XXKC1.rar.html
Don't forget the cooper.ops file of course:
http://www.multiupload.com/N1TQ49HORW

Password: samfirmware.com

Hey... Phone is in black screen and I've tried several times entering DOWNLOAD MODE but it has been impossible.. I can only enter EMERGENCY DOWNLOAD MODE, and even though ODIN recognizes the phone in this MODE when I try to run it, it always gets stuck at "<1> setup connection". How can I solve this! Please help! thanks!

Hey... Phone is in black screen and I've tried several times entering DOWNLOAD MODE but it has been impossible.. I can only enter EMERGENCY DOWNLOAD MODE, and even though ODIN recognizes the phone in this MODE when I try to run it, it always gets stuck at "<1> setup connection". How can I solve this! Please help! thanks!

For the THIRD time use a USB Jig .

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

pliundemix

Sep 7, 2009
Cali
For the THIRD time use a USB Jig .

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

Ok So I finally did it. Bought the USB Jig! From here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-I91...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5352890122901388427

And Guess What! IT DID NOT WORK!!!

This was my last resort and now I don't know what to do! But pay attention the funny thing, AS I mentioned earlier in ALL my posts! Is that the phone is recognized by ODIN but only in EMERGENCY DOWNLOAD MODE (It even says "COM PORT 18") But in this mode ODIN doesn't flash it, I needed DOWNLOAD MODE which was the reason why I bought the USB JIG, but it is not working! Is there a some kind of workaround to get the JIG working? PLEASE I REALLY REALLY need help!!!

Thanks!

SpaceCaker

Mar 26, 2011
netherlands
www.youtube.com

you only need to press vol down and home and power

otherwise it dont work you pressed vol up that is armv7 dump mode

SGSII styled rom
for galaxy ace
made by Robinandroid

astrolove69

Dec 20, 2006
dear friends,
after using this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204705
genial sim unlocking tutorial :( my ace lost its IMEI and started to restart each 10-15min. as IMEI is gone it does not connect to any network.
so question is: is it possible to recover imei (i have it written and can insert..) or any other solutions?
thank you in advance and im very sad :(
p.s: i cannot go to service center as i bought it in different country

dear friends,
after using this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204705
genial sim unlocking tutorial :( my ace lost its IMEI and started to restart each 10-15min. as IMEI is gone it does not connect to any network.
so question is: is it possible to recover imei (i have it written and can insert..) or any other solutions?
thank you in advance and im very sad :(
p.s: i cannot go to service center as i bought it in different country

You sir , are officially ****ed .
The only solution is to send it in for service......buuuuuuut you can't .

Herpderp Adreno + Tegra.

Mosurprise

Mar 25, 2008
I can bring any bricked Ace back to life you can PM me for help...goodluck !
Hi,

Any bricked Ace? Then please help me. I have a s5830i and it doesn't boot anymore: it just gets stuck at the splash screen. I am able to get into recovery mode, as well as download mode, but when I connect it to Odin 1.85 (with European (Bulgarian) 2.3.6 firmware) it stops updating after the 'bcmcp.img' part. Any idea? I don't really want to get rid of it for two to four weeks. ;/

Reactions: kaskurthysiddartha

balben

Feb 3, 2012
Budapest
Hi,

Any bricked Ace? Then please help me. I have a s5830i and it doesn't boot anymore: it just gets stuck at the splash screen. I am able to get into recovery mode, as well as download mode, but when I connect it to Odin 1.85 (with European (Bulgarian) 2.3.6 firmware) it stops updating after the 'bcmcp.img' part. Any idea? I don't really want to get rid of it for two to four weeks. ;/

Improved your phone? Maybe I can help!:rolleyes:

cupidoshoeb

Mar 17, 2012
hyderabad
how to unbrick samsung galaxy ace

if your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

step 2 – remove battery, sim and sd card, next connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

step 3 – hold volume down + power + home button at the same time;

step 4 – insert the battery and wait a bit;

step 5 – at this point odin should have detected your sg ace ( yellow rectangle should appear);

step 6 – click start button in odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):d

roms from samfirmware:

Ps. The correct european froyo firmware is this one:
http://hotfile.com/dl/112095746/7fef9f5/s5830xwkb7.rar.html
or
http://hotfile.com/dl/111959706/1f7adaa/s5830xxkc1.rar.html
don't forget the cooper.ops file of course:
http://www.multiupload.com/n1tq49horw

password: Samfirmware.com

can i get appropriate youtube video for this procedure , pleasee

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.

this is what hotfile link for firmware says :(

can any1 give me latest link ?

encik_racun

Apr 10, 2012
can i get appropriate youtube video for this procedure , pleasee

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.

this is what hotfile link for firmware says :(

can any1 give me latest link ?

Go to www.samfirmware.com

-sent from my Nokia 8310 using xda premium-

heinrichdut

Apr 9, 2011
Windhoek

What worked for me was: while the battery is out, I held the three buttons(POWER+ VOL DOWN+ MIDDDLE BUTTON) in and while keep pressing these 3 buttons I put in my battery and it whent to the download screen. Yeah I know it is hard to get the battery in while pressing the buttons but its possible.

system.img

Feb 14, 2012
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
10th May 2011 is date of posting and you think every other is blind ?
this thread was first to collect all working info and place it to help so many guys to get there SGA back

LOL....And I think this thread was copied from this original thread in Android Forums: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-ace/344505-tut-how-unbrick-your-galaxy-ace.html which is dated April 2011.

Still, this post is helpful to the people who have bricked their Aces. Anyways, it should be in the general thread and not in the Android development thread as it is not a ROM or android development discussion. :)

tushargsm

Jun 19, 2008
Pune
this method is for SGA which are power on and show samsung logo or any other logo and field to boot, if SGA is total brick it need hardware tool like jtag to repair boot and then flash it as say in post

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery and connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 -- Insert battery holding Volume down + Power + Home

Step 4 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 5 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):D

Get the roms from sammobile site.

Be sure that you download de correct firmware for your device version.
    my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager and I've wrong choose phone type and then go to the phone shutdown (try to go to recovery mode). and the phone won't be turn on. I try this thread but did not work, my phone is won't show the download screen but it was detected by ODIN v4.38 and the yellow bar shown. But it was stuck on

<1> setup connection..

I try 3 file tar and 1 file Tar (one package) firmware just the same stuck on it.

please somebody help for the solution....:confused:

Thanks,
    please excuse me for my english, my native language is spanish and not write good english

i have one question,

are sure's, efs file is /dev/block/stl5 ??

i have 1 idea of copy file of other Galaxy Ace and putting into to tar and flashing via ODIN.

but i need have sure, who file is the correct.

please help me.

Regards.

Go on, brick your phone.

ODIN can't flash efs in Galaxy Ace, because there is no slot assigned to it in cooper.ops

If you don't have a good reason/knowledge to do it, don't touch it.
    Good mannnnnn ֱ
    That's probably the most stupid thing to say if you want them to fix your phone -. -

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

I hard bricked my phone once with rom manager, "it fries " the motherboard, so i sent it for guarantee to technical service and i told them that i was listening music and suddenly the phone turned off. The change it for a new one :)
    P.D: show yourself as a noob that only uses the phone for music and facebook
    If you say that odin thing, dude then forget inmediately any chance of guarantee repair cause flashing or do all those things that we do with our aces are not covered by guarantee, its obvious btw dont you think?
    PD: remember soft brick like bootloops etc, can be fixed flashing again.
    Hard brick like phone doesnt turn on, i mean really dead = dead motherboard or something like that

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium