SGS4 MK2 Safestrap 3.71.. stuck at samsung custom boot logo

Search This thread

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008
Hello,

I had safestrap 3.71 installed on my MK2 AT&T stock rom. I had also installed Hyperdrive on slot 1. Everything was fine until I decided to re-flash everything. This what I did. I removed micro sd card with all the data (pic, music etc) on it. activated stock slot. Deleted slot 1 (hyperdrive). Did a factory reset in stock slot. Did a format data in stock slot. Did another factory reset in stock slot. Then created a slot for HyperDrive in slot 1. And after that I think I made a mistake and restarted the phone without installing anything.

And now I am stuck at "Sumsung Custom" logo. Even if I removed battery and restarted again. Still i am syuck at Samsung Custom logo. Can you guys help me? I am not even getting option to go in to Safestrap at the time booting.

I think I got slot 1 activated without anything installed on it.

Thanks,
Alex

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Nope. ...u followed wrong thread. ..check my link again for Mk2_unbricked_method post#3...the link above that u quoted are for guide and link on how to install Deadly Venom rom for MK2 with SS v3. 71 Users

Swyped from MK2 Dark Carnage SS Edition

Last edited:
Reactions: alex8525

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008
Nope. ...u followed wrong thread. ..check my link again for Mk2_unbricked_method post#3...the link above that u quoted are for guide and link on how to install Deadly Venom rom for MK2 with SS v3. 71 Users

Hello,

I am downloading the files from the link. I think this method will put my phone in MJ9 correct? How will I get back to MK2? Steps askes for update.zip for MF3>MK2 from OP but I am not able to find this file.

Thanks,
Alex

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008
Hello,

I am downloading the files from the link. I think this method will put my phone in MJ9 correct? How will I get back to MK2? Steps askes for update.zip for MF3>MK2 from OP but I am not able to find this file.

Thanks,
Alex

Found it!! Sorry again.. was lookng at gtj0's thread by mistake!!

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Hello,

Thanks,
Alex

This would bring u back to MK2..... and the MF3> Mk2 update. Zip files from OP ( Original Post)...... or Post#1.... Goodluck. ....

Last edited:
Reactions: alex8525 and Dlnp22

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008
This would bring u back to MK2..... and the MF3> Mk2 update. Zip files from OP ( Original Post)...... or Post#1.... Goodluck. ....

Hello,

I followed all the steps.. but after step 8 I am not able to boot in to recovery. I tried mj9 recovery but it didn't work after that I tried MK2 recovery but it still doesn't work. When I press buttons I can see BLUE texts that preparing recovery (or something like that) but after that it goes to a blank screen with a blue LED notification.

What should I do now?

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hello,

I followed all the steps.. but after step 8 I am not able to boot in to recovery. I tried mj9 recovery but it didn't work after that I tried MK2 recovery but it still doesn't work. When I press buttons I can see BLUE texts that preparing recovery (or something like that) but after that it goes to a blank screen with a blue LED notification.

What should I do now?

Regards,
Alex

You made sure to restart in between flashes? As in flash emergency 1, reboot to download, flash emergency 2, reboot to download, and then flash the recovery?

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008
You made sure to restart in between flashes? As in flash emergency 1, reboot to download, flash emergency 2, reboot to download, and then flash the recovery?

Yes I restarted between flashes. And I think everything went the way it should. So, also flashed MK2Recovery and now I am able to boot in to recovery. After booting in to recovery I flashed update.zip from the post. But still I am not able to boot in to system. Phone reboots and go in to a black screen with blue pulsating LED. If I connect the phone to PC, I can access SD Card and Device storage.

Is there anything I can do? Do I need to visit Best Buy? (or even it won't work?)

Regards,

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008
One more question.

Will I be charged anything if I go to a Best Buy Samsung Experience Shop for a re-flash?

Regards,
Alex

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Yes I restarted between flashes. And I think everything went the way it should. So, also flashed MK2Recovery and now I am able to boot in to recovery. After booting in to recovery I flashed update.zip from the post. But still I am not able to boot in to system. Phone reboots and go in to a black screen with blue pulsating LED. If I connect the phone to PC, I can access SD Card and Device storage.

Is there anything I can do? Do I need to visit Best Buy? (or even it won't work?)

Regards,

Did it do that small update the first time you went into recovery? It should automatically flash something the first time you go in and then reboot, and then you flash the MK2 file.

Reactions: alex8525

alex8525

Mar 8, 2008

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know. I went to Best Buy samsung experience and that guy didn't know much. He took 10 minutes to get in to recovery and tried to factory rest, which didn't work. Later he took another 10 minutes to get in to download mode and then connected phone to his computer. He tried to reflash system with SMART but SMART said couldn't recognize the phone!! (Do you guys know what might be the reason?) After few trys he gave up and asked me to send device back to samsung.

After that I tried ted77usa's guide again and it worked this time!! So I am back on MK2, rooted with saferoot, safestrapped and now on Hyperdrive!!

Thank you very much guys. You are awesome.

Regards,
Alex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow my thread on post #3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080 .... it would get u back on stock MK2 4.3 rom. ..... If this help. ... HIT Thanks button

Hello,

Thanks,
    Alex

Hello,

What should I do now?

Regards,
    Alex

Regards,

Did it do that small update the first time you went into recovery? It should automatically flash something the first time you go in and then reboot, and then you flash the MK2 file.