[Q] Need Help with increasing the default internal storage (1gb) Of XOLO Q3000

Search This thread

chaobuddy

Dec 14, 2010
Mumbai
Hello Guys, i am pretty new here. I was searching online any way to increase the internal storage of XOLO Q3000 and i landed up on this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2742702&page=2 .. User puduraja has explained that it can be done.

My sincere request is if possible can we have a video tutorial for this ? It will really help ...

P.S - I have downloaded all the files user puduraja has mentioned there.

sunny76900

Aug 22, 2014
official rom

Hello Guys, i am pretty new here. I was searching online any way to increase the internal storage of XOLO Q3000 and i landed up on this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2742702&page=2 .. User puduraja has explained that it can be done.

My sincere request is if possible can we have a video tutorial for this ? It will really help ...

P.S - I have downloaded all the files user puduraja has mentioned there.

Hi i have downloaded the official release of kitkat by xolo as on official site but in terms of memory for application storage xolo states u need to increase the table size to increase the application storage memory can some1 plz help with step by step process for doing the same i ateast required 4-8 gb of storage for applications

avi3230

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 12, 2012
Pune

sunny76900

Aug 22, 2014
Im new to anroid so i have kikat but not any custom rom jus the internal memory manually to be bosted

sushbabblu

Jul 14, 2014
Hyderabad

Hi Avi

That meteos App will work only if the phone is rooted right ??? But in Kitkat i tried to root using the VRoot latest one provided by you but unfortunately it failed so i did the following steps to get that Application storage Increased.
1.)Re-flashed the Jelly bean Stock Rom using SP Flash tools
2.)Rooted using Frama Root
3.)Installed the Meteos App and increased the Application storage to 5GB(Need to Format after applying that operation to increase Application storage using Phone recovery option to get desired storage)
4.)Unrooted the Phone by checking the Full permanent unroot in SU App
5.)Updated with Stock Kitkat Rom(Update.zip provided in XOLO website) which is working perfectly with Increased Application Storage.

The whole above process took around 10 mins hardly i hope this will be helpful for other users who wanted their XOLO to be in Stock mode with increased application storage.

Please post your opinion/views and press Thanks button if you find this as Useful.

Reactions: avi3230

avi3230

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 12, 2012
Pune
Hi Avi

That meteos .......

Please post your opinion/views and press Thanks button if you find this as Useful.

Yes ur correct:good:

but the biggest issue with kitkat phones
they cant revert back to jellybean that easily:(

And if they using kitkat there internal memory is already 4gb
how much more u want and why i don't know.
as this is just the data memory and not the actual system memory to be precise.

I personally never had issue with rooting kitkat but other r having issues

so if ur rooted then u can increase the internal memory.

if not to increase internal memory u need to use ebr files and flash them with spflash tools.

Reactions: sushbabblu

chaobuddy

Dec 14, 2010
Mumbai
Thanks for all the help

Firstly thanks for all the help.

This is how i managed to increase the internal memory
( My phone did not format and i did not lose any files or even contacts )

Use the files from the link here ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2742702&page=2 )
1. I opened the flash tool.
2. loaded the scatter file provided.
3. Unchecked everything except the 2 ebr files.
4. Loaded the 2 EBR files provided in the folder XOLO_Q3000_S003_15102013.
5. Clicked download
6. Connected the phone without the battery.
7. It was done in matter of seconds.
(I did not have to root my phone or do any other separate process)

It is Important to have proper drivers which are also provided in the above thread.

After rebooting phone said that format sd card or something, i clicked yes.After another reboot when i checked, nothing was actually erased.

So i am pretty satisfied now that my phones internal memory is not always full.

Thanks again to all those who took interest and helped.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Avi

That meteos App will work only if the phone is rooted right ??? But in Kitkat i tried to root using the VRoot latest one provided by you but unfortunately it failed so i did the following steps to get that Application storage Increased.
    1.)Re-flashed the Jelly bean Stock Rom using SP Flash tools
    2.)Rooted using Frama Root
    3.)Installed the Meteos App and increased the Application storage to 5GB(Need to Format after applying that operation to increase Application storage using Phone recovery option to get desired storage)
    4.)Unrooted the Phone by checking the Full permanent unroot in SU App
    5.)Updated with Stock Kitkat Rom(Update.zip provided in XOLO website) which is working perfectly with Increased Application Storage.

The whole above process took around 10 mins hardly i hope this will be helpful for other users who wanted their XOLO to be in Stock mode with increased application storage.

Hi Avi

That meteos .......

Yes ur correct:good:

but the biggest issue with kitkat phones
    they cant revert back to jellybean that easily:(

And if they using kitkat there internal memory is already 4gb
    how much more u want and why i don't know.
    as this is just the data memory and not the actual system memory to be precise.

I personally never had issue with rooting kitkat but other r having issues

so if ur rooted then u can increase the internal memory.

if not to increase internal memory u need to use ebr files and flash them with spflash tools.