Cx919 (rk3188)

Search This thread

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone ordered, received, or owns one of these units? If so, would you let me know what your experience with it has been. http://www.amazon.com/CX-919-Androi...dapter/dp/B00D05XSMY/ref=cm_rdp_product.....I did a search here but do not find any post with this model. I have one on order and am excited to see it...BTW. If I have broken any rule by posting the site. I apologize. Just want to be clear which one I am talking about. Thanks

Sent from my A200 using xda app-developers app

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
Has anyone ordered, received, or owns one of these units? If so, would you let me know what your experience with it has been. http://www.amazon.com/CX-919-Androi...dapter/dp/B00D05XSMY/ref=cm_rdp_product.....I did a search here but do not find any post with this model. I have one on order and am excited to see it...BTW. If I have broken any rule by posting the site. I apologize. Just want to be clear which one I am talking about. Thanks

I've ordered one of these :)
waiting.....:p

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Great to hear

Ive been tracking it on some other forum's. So far its been mostly positive. Im hopeing it won't be to difficult to root. Looks like getting the drivers to load properly is the tough part. Will find out. That's for sure. Lol.

cityhunterxyz

Mar 16, 2012
Ive been tracking it on some other forum's. So far its been mostly positive. Im hopeing it won't be to difficult to root. Looks like getting the drivers to load properly is the tough part. Will find out. That's for sure. Lol.

Mine is currently on it's way from Singapore, there are 4.1 and 4.2 finless roms available for it, and it is pre rooted but it seems it's not properly rooted because by default you don't get full root.

RS08

Jun 23, 2011
got mine 2 weeks ago. It doesn't come prerooted. I flashed Finless 1.4 (4.2.2) and it is working great and stable. The flashing process is quite easy and straight forward. One negative point is (but this is the case for all RK3188 sticks) that the official stable XBMC 12 doesn't work. You need to use XBMC 13 which currently is at Alpha V7 stage and often crashes. Ohterwise very happy with the device

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
got mine 2 weeks ago. It doesn't come prerooted. I flashed Finless 1.4 (4.2.2) and it is working great and stable. The flashing process is quite easy and straight forward. One negative point is (but this is the case for all RK3188 sticks) that the official stable XBMC 12 doesn't work. You need to use XBMC 13 which currently is at Alpha V7 stage and often crashes. Ohterwise very happy with the device

Thanks for the infrmation :)
i got mine today and it's an amazing experience :)

i didnj't know we have problems with the official XBMC, maybe you can try this modded version? http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/05...le-release-of-the-xaf-custom-build-must-have/

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Have a question for you guys as reading how you too flashed bobs JB 4.2 ROM. As you know there are choices for space of the apps. 2,4,6 gb. I first tried the 4gb. But when I did. The box on that choice went from green to dark blue. Everything else remained green. Tried to flash and it got a error message. So flashed and just left that line alone with the default 2gb. This time it flashed no problem. But now I'm stuck with 2gb. So Gona refresh. Is it normal for that box to turn blue when you make the choice? If anyone knows..please inform me. TY.

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
Have a question for you guys as reading how you too flashed bobs JB 4.2 ROM. As you know there are choices for space of the apps. 2,4,6 gb. I first tried the 4gb. But when I did. The box on that choice went from green to dark blue. Everything else remained green. Tried to flash and it got a error message. So flashed and just left that line alone with the default 2gb. This time it flashed no problem. But now I'm stuck with 2gb. So Gona refresh. Is it normal for that box to turn blue when you make the choice? If anyone knows..please inform me. TY.

I flashed mine with the default choice of 2GB, i think it's the perfect configuration so that i have enough room for my apps and ALSO enough room for my media files.
i can't answer your question here but i'm sure Finless BOB will answer your question on his own thread HERE

Reactions: pckarma112

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
I flashed mine with the default choice of 2GB, i think it's the perfect configuration so that i have enough room for my apps and ALSO enough room for my media files.
i can't answer your question here but i'm sure Finless BOB will answer your question on his own thread HERE
Thanks. I already asked there. Just had not received any reply yet. Searched around to see if maybe someone else has had this issue. Cant find anything. But you raise a question. Why not store those files on the ext. SD card. Or am I missing something. Thats what I do on my tab. Is that not possible on this ROM?

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks

Yes I had already asked there. But had not received any replies . Searched around to see if anyone else maybe had this issue. But cant find anything. With me. Problem is I could eat that 2gb up with a few games. But you raise another question. Why not use the ext. SD for media. ? Thats what I do with my tab. Or is that not possible with this ROM? Anyway thanks for reply. Edit. Just read on another forum. Bobs ROM allows writing to Ext SD..so yea. Guess you can store there.

Last edited:

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
Yes I had already asked there. But had not received any replies . Searched around to see if anyone else maybe had this issue. But cant find anything. With me. Problem is I could eat that 2gb up with a few games. But you raise another question. Why not use the ext. SD for media. ? Thats what I do with my tab. Or is that not possible with this ROM? Anyway thanks for reply. Edit. Just read on another forum. Bobs ROM allows writing to Ext SD..so yea. Guess you can store there.

AHH okayyyy, that's why then, for LARGE GAMES :)
if this is the case then you have to try DirectoryBind this app let's you move all the large data files of any game to the external sd card and fool the rom that these files are still on the internal memory. the app supports syncronisation of the files between the external and internal memory.
great tool, i use it and i love it.
but before you move the game data to the external sd card you have first to install and run everything on the internal.

anyway this is just a solution if you can't get the 6GB config.
why don't you flash the stock 4.1 rom, run it then flash Finless's ROM with the 6GB? i think this way you get the CX919 really FORMATTED

GOOD LUCK

Reactions: pckarma112

0815 1234

Oct 23, 2012
So how do you guys like the CX-919?

After I have canceled my Ouya I am looking for alternatives :)

If you could share some information and experiences I would greatly appreciate it! :good:

Looking for stuff like boot time, lags in the OS, XBMC alpha, what setup are you using etc.

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
if this is the case then you have to try DirectoryBind this app let's you move all the large data files of any game to the external sd card and fool the rom that these files are still on the internal memory. the app supports syncronisation of the files between the external and internal memory.
but before you move the game data to the external sd card you have first to install and run everything on the internal.

why don't you flash the stock 4.1 rom, run it then flash Finless's ROM with the 6GB? i think this way you get the CX919 really FORMATTED

GOOD LUCK

I finally got the 4gb . The directions tell you to reboot between wipe and flash. Ignored that. Did wipe. Chose 4gb. Color still changed from green to blue. But went with. Flash went ok. ROM is fine. Link2sd works. Might try directory bind if it does not cause issues with Link2sd. But DB sounds better for large games. Well time for some more testing. TY

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012

If you could share some information and experiences I would greatly appreciate it! :good:

Looking for stuff like boot time, lags in the OS, XBMC alpha, what setup are you using etc.

I can tell you a little. I did not play around with the stock ROM to much. But I did flash finless 4.2. Had a little trouble with getting drivers installed. Seems that is normal deal. But it worked out. As for device. Its fast! I have not had any lockups or reboots. Video from USB thumb drive and SD card play fine. DLNA works surprisingly well. On this ROM. Netflix is not working. Crackle is not working. Real bummer. Most apps install fine and work. Buy seems like any apps that would turn it into a true smart tv device wont work. I already have a smart tv with these apps. So, that does not bother me to much. But if your going to use it for turning a tv into a smart tv. Well, Forget it. I may try the 4.1 Finless ROM. Read where people were saying these apps work on it? Will see. Anyway this is a fast great device and am having fun with games...

Reactions: 0815 1234

ewoks

Nov 11, 2010
Winterthur
cx919 on stock vs Finless

I used it a bit with stock rom, now I am on Finless 1.4 (4.2.2) ..

- On stock my favorite Dice player didn't work (was showing "can't start video", even when u try to open it), some old Logitec USB camera was not detected by stick/skype, videos from external hdd plugged were playing ok.. Interesting that Antutu crashed during testing...
- Finless brought me really ugly splash screen, as well as old usb camera support in skype, which I tested and it worked pretty good during 45min conversation.. Dice player now works but in a funny way.. a bit slow.. (I saw decoding is done using software and didn't have time now to find option for hw decoding.. should be better).. It is nice that some crappy useless apps are gone, but on the other side developer added some "game mapper controler" and few other apps which are at least for me and for now useless (better would be to mention them in readme so user can download them)..This is about reboot app for example, which could be super usefull, except that it froze somehow my stick and I couldn't start it not even after hard reset.. Flash of Finless again boot it up again.. For SuperUser developer decided not to use the most popular and open source app, but at least in this rom there is root (Stock was pain in the ass to get the root, if u manage to get drivers work).. The biggest problems, however was very difficult mounting of external hdd and even usb. From USB I eventually was able to play videos, while HDD was "blinking" all the time, it even showed up in a list but when I tried to access it it was impossible.. I lost patience waiting, cause I know that on stock that was way much shorter then 3+ min I was waiting on Finless.. Beside this issues I noticed that sometimes mouse/pointer doesn't move and on stock that never happened.. Is that lockout or? This was really annoying, when u know it's quad core and on stock it worked good.. It happened that

All in all good work with some annoying issues which will hopefully be fixed with 1.5 .. Thanks to author.. :) Cheers

Last edited:

ewoks

Nov 11, 2010
Winterthur

Working great and stable means it doesn't load widgets and things after boot much slower then stock? Mounting external storage like usb or hdd works? Cause I couldn't make it mount other storages AT ALL... Plus it happen that randomly got super slow, that playing videos got a bit funny and sooo on.... Please write a bit more of ur experience.. How u r actually using this stick..? 10q

RS08

Jun 23, 2011
Working great and stable means it doesn't load widgets and things after boot much slower then stock? Mounting external storage like usb or hdd works? Cause I couldn't make it mount other storages AT ALL... Plus it happen that randomly got super slow, that playing videos got a bit funny and sooo on.... Please write a bit more of ur experience.. How u r actually using this stick..? 10q
Well, I can't tell much about widgets because I'm not using any. I installed Nova launcher since the beginning.
USB sticks definitely work on mine. I am using ES Explorer and the stick gets mounted under USB0 so I only need to browse there to access it. My stick is plugged in the USB slot of my tv. I was surprised to see that the power it gets from the USb slot is enough but it works fine and is convenient because the stick starts automatically whenever I switch on my tv and turns off when I turn off the tv.
Mostly I am using the stick for watching life tv from the net (my desktop contains browser links, no widgets) or YouTube for the kids, or XBMC or watching movies which are stored on my pc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had this for over a month now and wanted to share my experiences.
    I'm on Finless Bob's 4.2.2 ROM.
    Using a 32GB microSD card as primary storage and a 4GB app/data partition.

pros:
    -plays everything, mx player works really well
    -firefox with flash and other plugins rules!
    -using my k400 keyboard along with the input method set to null keyboard (app) works great.
    -powers up with just my laptop's usb port power (dont know if my laptop can output more than 500mA)
    -$65 !!!

cons:
    -No battery, date/time resets to 1/1/2011 if you unplug it. If you have a wifi connection then it will sync the time (there are also apps like ntpsync)
    -The power microusb port is quite loose, resets quite easily.
    -Occassional sdcard unmounting needing a reboot if you keep it on long (12 hours+)
    -included usb power cable length is short (3')

waiting for:
    1080P kernel
    Overclock capable kernel
    Nightly AOSP based builds.
    I ordered one for myself --> Finless ROM is available so far.

Delivery shoud be in 7-9 days.

GOOD LUCK

I can tell you a little. I did not play around with the stock ROM to much. But I did flash finless 4.2. Had a little trouble with getting drivers installed. Seems that is normal deal. But it worked out. As for device. Its fast! I have not had any lockups or reboots. Video from USB thumb drive and SD card play fine. DLNA works surprisingly well. On this ROM. Netflix is not working. Crackle is not working. Real bummer. Most apps install fine and work. Buy seems like any apps that would turn it into a true smart tv device wont work. I already have a smart tv with these apps. So, that does not bother me to much. But if your going to use it for turning a tv into a smart tv. Well, Forget it. I may try the 4.1 Finless ROM. Read where people were saying these apps work on it? Will see. Anyway this is a fast great device and am having fun with games...