[ROM][4.1.2]Slim Bean-i717 [All Languages]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Mod Notice

Well said krarvind. The developers spend a huge amount of time in there work, we just reap the benefits. Show some respect to the devs, there the lifeblood of XDA. Dont like it? Use stock!​

ricco333

Jul 24, 2012
Miami, FL
I am sorry bud. You are misinformed. So according to you cm10 does no work, only ppl syncing and compiling does, forgetting that I made it easy enough to sync and compile, besides all the countless hours I put in. Please don't insult developers even if you can't appreciate them. I have zero issues with manel and he knows that. But your post is just sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the work you guys (developers and everyone else) do, Slim has been a great JB experience and regardless of who's behind the rom we should always support the effort and time that these guys put in.

Erik

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Damn krarvind this rom is just too damn smooth and solid. Is it just as nice on nexus 7? I might be shying away from teameos soon if you keep up this fantastic behavior lol.

Also a Lil something 5CT51104CB2454902.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: krarvind

martyh1

Apr 13, 2007
Was wondering what everyone's take is on upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6 is. Is there enough improvement to warrant the upgrade? Takes a while for me to reset all my settings and apps again. I've looked at the changelog and didn't see that much. Thanks for any input.

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Was wondering what everyone's take is on upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6 is. Is there enough improvement to warrant the upgrade? Takes a while for me to reset all my settings and apps again. I've looked at the changelog and didn't see that much. Thanks for any input.

Just flash 2.6 and slim gapps over 2.5 and no set up is required. That's what I did.

weezill

Mar 12, 2011
Vancouver
Settings/Performance/Kernel there you will see the fast charge or use the toggle that is built into the ROM ;)

So the reason I ask is because I have enabled it, but when I connect my USB cable I'm still able to access the SD cards. I was under the impression that they would not mount.

My experience on my i9000 was that I would have to enable it in the Kernel, then also in the ROM for it to work.

Polynesianroots88

Apr 3, 2012
Maryville
I searched a couple pages back but I'm at work on the mobile app so can't search, but I'm having freezing issues and System UI not responding along with other apps. I'll lock my phone and unlock it to check the time and find out its been frozen for the last hour. Before I wipe everything and flash the ROM, kernal, and addons as well as lose my apps, is there any ideas or anyone have similar issues and resolved it without clearing everything and reflashing? I don't mind but just wondering. Nonetheless the ROM is amazing and I thank everybody involved from unofficial to official, THE best damn ROM period!

Edit: I'm running KKO.IX kernal overclocked to 1728 I believe on smartass v2.

Edit: I'm a dumbass wasting thread space lmao. After posting this I realized I flashed the wrong kernel a couple days ago when I upgraded to 2.6. That's the old kernel. KKO.X is the new one :p:p

Cheers!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Last edited:

martyh1

Apr 13, 2007
Wow. I did this and I've never bricked a phone this bad before. It just won't power up for anything. I've tried wall charger, usb to computer, different batteries, all combined with different power and vol up/down combinations. Nothing. Anyone have suggestions?

Just flash 2.6 and slim gapps over 2.5 and no set up is required. That's what I did.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Wow. I did this and I've never bricked a phone this bad before. It just won't power up for anything. I've tried wall charger, usb to computer, different batteries, all combined with different power and vol up/down combinations. Nothing. Anyone have suggestions?

Sorry to hear mate. You sure you grabbed i717 and not i777 by mistake? No issues flashing on top of 2.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Princeton TX
Google Pixel Fold

Same thing happened to me before when I used wrong flash. Took my to AT&T to get replaced.

Sent from my Super Smooth Galaxy Note, running Cookies & Cream by ManelScout4Life!

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
It was i777 by mistake. Do I have to take this into AT&T to get fixed?

I don't think you have a choice u might be able to slide it by as warranty just tell them your phone turned off n never turned back on :). All phones should have a 1 year defect warranty.

vividblu2020

May 8, 2012
richmond va
Its about the battery again

hey, so i have ran pretty much every "jelly bean" rom out there for this phone for about 2-2.5 months. maybe less. note sure..
anyway, the battery has been horrible! on every rom.. I have a 2700 mAMP battery, and a regular Samsung battery. I have to use both once a day for this phone.. now I have no idea what is making the phone loose percentage after percentage of battery as fast as it has for me, but everytime i post i get about 0 luck from people that either have the same issue, or just people saying they have heard it a million times. i probably should have put this in the "Q&A" thread, but maybe i forgot. can someone, preferably more than one, help me out here?? i don't get how other people say they have 8 or more hours of screen on time with half the battery left. it just doesn't make since. I am loving the android system. but this could be anything! the apps in the background. the kernel, maybe I didn't clean my cache or something. i can't raise my brightness up to far or it'll drain my battery, jamie in the paranoid thread said he had his batter on 100 percent and had excellent battery. so I'm far from confused here. do I need to get another phone, or what. very much apprentice the help from as many people as possible.

mimmus

Apr 29, 2011
Rome
hey, so i have ran pretty much every "jelly bean" rom out there for this phone for about 2-2.5 months. maybe less. note sure..
anyway, the battery has been horrible! on every rom..

I also have horrible battery life with any JB rom. I can arrive to the end of the day only with Canadian ICS rom or stock GB (where I have 1.5% of battery drain every hour phone was idle). If you go to the Canadian thread there are a lot of posts reporting a sensible improvement of battery life with this rom, so I'm also sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I think there is some bug in all JB and ICS rom (including the stock UCLF6 distribution). This something should be connected with radio/modem because when I use only 2G network (GPRS/EDGE) battery life is good. As soon as I enable 3G (or 4G) my phone will consume form 5% up to 10% every hours on idle.

I can reproduce this problem on any just wiped JB or ICS rom, I just need to full wipe, install rom and gapps and log in into gmail.

For now I'm forced to stay on the Canadian ics rom ... no one seems yet to be interested in this problem.

Domenico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    I will hold this one. Usual flash process in order is

1. device_i717.zip
    2. slim_gapps.zip
    3. any addons you need
    Edit 3: Looks like i might have a real fix now. It's more than this commit from CM. That did the same thing as my fix yesterday, only worked on BT earpiece and not car kit. But i have put in additional code that seems to ahve solved it. How to get it? Settings, OTA, FULL Rom, select the one that says BT Fix, test and report. When finished d/l ing reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, flash the 2.6.2_Slim-i717.zip from /sdcard/updateme folder, flash slim gapps, then addons ( google now etc). reboot to system. test and report back. if wipe cache/dalvik didn;'t work, try a full wipe before reporting and hit thanks :). It's working really nice for me on BT Jabra and MB ( B200) BT Carkit.
    Options

Optional Boot Animation: bootanimation.zip

Optional Wallpaper: Wallpaper

SlimBeanWall.png
    2.7 Released. Read Changelog Carefully.
    MOD Edit: Quote removed as disrespectful

I am sorry bud. You are misinformed. So according to you cm10 does no work, only ppl syncing and compiling does, forgetting that I made it easy enough to sync and compile, besides all the countless hours I put in. Please don't insult developers even if you can't appreciate them. I have zero issues with manel and he knows that. But your post is just sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2