[Q] Kindle Bricked

Search This thread

Jowyn

Jun 27, 2008
I'm in _exactly_ the same situation. I'm going to try sending Amazon an e-mail about it, although the device was gifted to me from the US and I live in The Netherlands.

It really doesn't matter: get the call center on the phone, all they will ask for is the email address of your amazon account (the account which you registered the kindle on).
I suppose the registration contains the device ID, which gives them the possibility to recover the order number or something.

plinders

Jan 11, 2012
Eindhoven
www.last.fm
It really doesn't matter: get the call center on the phone, all they will ask for is the email address of your amazon account (the account which you registered the kindle on).
I suppose the registration contains the device ID, which gives them the possibility to recover the order number or something.

I'm going to try again tomorrow. I started a chat with a helpdesk employee who said I need to give them the address of the person who gifted me the Kindle from the US, so that they can ship a free replacement that way, and then that person can ship it my way again.

Jowyn

Jun 27, 2008
I'm going to try again tomorrow. I started a chat with a helpdesk employee who said I need to give them the address of the person who gifted me the Kindle from the US, so that they can ship a free replacement that way, and then that person can ship it my way again.

My kindle was a gift as well, and all the french call desk asked me was my email address, then (after a few tests to confirm the kf was bricked) my postal address to ship the new kindle.
The person who offered me the kindle was never mentioned.
Maybe they have different policies depending on the country? Maybe I was just lucky?
Anyway I hope it turns out the best way for you, too ;)

19ant89

Dec 2, 2010
Ya I let my device charge for a full day, plugged it into the pc with the fastboot cable and still nothing. I'm just going to call Amazon tomorrow and have them send me another because this thing is un-brickable and I wasted to much time on it.

Reactions: powerpoint45

dc_nc123

Sep 26, 2012
Any fix for this guys? already search almost all the dev sites and forums.. still no luck on fixing this....

flopower1996

Sep 8, 2012
AW: [Q] Kindle Bricked

Hmmm i think they flashed an unsigned bootloader. Amazon and omap 4 meet high secruity Standards. If it's the case the device will never come up...

Gesendet von meinem Amazon Kindle Fire2 mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I been trying to make this factory fastboot cable for days now. Do I suppose to modify a motorola usb cable because right now I am using a samsung usb cable. I know my soldering aint that bad, never had any problems soldering anything else.

Any help, I will be greatly thankful.

Mmm not very knowledgeable on this topic, but I succesfully built my own fastboot cable yesterday evening and, from what I understood, just any usb cable would do. I mean, provided it has a usb plug on one side and a micro-usb on the other ;)
    I just took the first cable that came to my hand, carefully cut open the micro-usb plug, and soldered points 1 and 4 visible on the enclosed image (upper figure, and do not link 4 and 5 as is displayed, I think this is for OTG). It was a work of patience as the plug was really small, but I finally managed it!
    Good luck with yours!
    Fastboot

Sent from my KFOT using xda app-developers app

Lol, damn auto-correct.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Ya I let my device charge for a full day, plugged it into the pc with the fastboot cable and still nothing. I'm just going to call Amazon tomorrow and have them send me another because this thing is un-brickable and I wasted to much time on it.