[Q][XT]Error when updating over the air

Search This thread

adsada arc

Aug 31, 2011
So frustrating, but when I tried to update my phone to 4.3 the phone gets to the 2nd dot stops and then restarts with the message 'could not install new software version. Try again'

Has anyone had this problem, and found a solution? It happens everytime I try, updating via the computer via both PCC and flashtool isn't an option because my phone does not respond in flashmode!

also bootloader is locked and no longer rooted

thanks

Last edited:

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
Install the flashmode and TX drivers from the Flashtool drivers folder and then install the FTF from Flashtool

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Free mobile app

adsada arc

Aug 31, 2011
Install the flashmode and TX drivers from the Flashtool drivers folder and then install the FTF from Flashtool

The problem I am having is updating over the air.. as I said I cannot update using flashtool or PCC because the usb port seems to be faulty

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
You said that your phone didn't respond in flashmode. How do you charge your phone if the USB port is faulty? Driver problems seems much more likely to me.
Anyway, did you unlock your bootloader or installed a custom ROM/recovery?

adsada arc

Aug 31, 2011
You said that your phone didn't respond in flashmode. How do you charge your phone if the USB port is faulty? Driver problems seems much more likely to me.
Anyway, did you unlock your bootloader or installed a custom ROM/recovery?

Like I've said I haven't messed with the phone at all, with the exception of rooting it.

I also assumed it was drivers but after spending ages playing around with various computers it still wont respond. I also think it's faulty because if I try and charge it using the wall charger when it is switched off, nothing happens whereas it should boot up? The USB port functions perfectly fine when the phone is on

thanks