[HOWTO] Root Your Desire In 1 Click With UnrEVOked! (UnrEVOked 3.2 Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

noble8

Jun 8, 2010
On the mac version it doesnt seem to recognise the desire. I plugged it in recovery mode one time and an error came up about not being able to create some directory ..../.../.../sh I think. Running the apk I get an error saying it wasn't able to create the marker.

Running [Froyo FRF72] eViL De-SiRe

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Ahh when it reboots to hboot i think i can just make out it says something about "wrong device" ... Which is probaly because im running defrost rom?

Or... now after reboot after hboot it says "waiting for superuser priviledges, this could take a minute or so" ..

marcdau

Mar 1, 2010
Êtreville
Driver installed successfully
I tried the .exe which did identified my Desire (running on Defrost 1.3)
It rebooted in HBOOT pushed something then Rebooted the phone (I entered the PIN code and arrived on the home) but the .exe remains on "waiting for reboot" endlessly :'(
I'm going to try it again !

Edit : Second try, this time the program stays on "waiting for superuser priviledges (this could take a minute or so)" and I'm on the home, doing nothing...

Last edited:

nabiladeeb

Apr 3, 2010
It rebooted in HBOOT pushed something then Rebooted the phone (I entered the PIN code and arrived on the home) but the .exe remains on "waiting for reboot" endlessly :'(

same for me, the application remains on "waiting for reboot" after phone restarts.

EDIT: tried it 3 times now with same results, any help !!!!!

Last edited:

bunny0007

Jun 14, 2006
Randers
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It works.

But no info at all about this software.

Will be nice to know to update recovery without have some "magic" box you click on your desktop without know any clue about what is doing with your phone..

This is closed source with no info at all, and from my point of view no way better than htc software then..

Community is to share, not to make a magic app and seal it in fancy locked up pc application.

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

Edit : Second try, this time the program stays on "waiting for superuser priviledges (this could take a minute or so)" and I'm on the home, doing nothing...

I'm at exactly the same place. 2 attempts and now stuck on waiting for superuser privileges.

marcdau

Mar 1, 2010
Êtreville
I tried it so many times and the result is different for every try !
Now I know that when my phone shows the boot animation, the program's lost it and failed!! On my 6th or maybe 7th attempt it's stuck on "Flashing recovery image. Do not touch the phone" I hope it didn't break the original recovery.

Edit : This application's funny : after 10 minutes I did it : I touched the phone and shut it down : the program told "rebooting" (.... nope dude) then "Done" (I checked, nice try but no ^^)

Last edited:

nabiladeeb

Apr 3, 2010
Now I am stuck at "Flashing recovery image. Do not touch your phone!"
How long do I NOT touch the phone, btw I am still on my home screen.
for those who completed the process how long did it take??

EDIT: unplugged it and tried accessing recovery, it did not work.so it successfully destroyed my present recovery :(

Last edited:

marcdau

Mar 1, 2010
Êtreville
btw I am still on my home screen.
for those who completed the process how long did it take??

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be on your home screen. Everything seems to happen behind the white HTC pre-boot screen, when your phone start the boot animation, it failed, no matter what the program says.

Maybe I'm wrong, I've learned it from my 7 attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOWTO: Root & Flash a Permanent Custom Recovery Image in 1 Click With UnrEVOked

I did not make UnrEVOked, I just make the guide :)

Why?

It enables you to root easily & have a custom recovery image installed (like Hero or G1) so that you can have access to Recovery anywhere. (& Backup SD EXT)

Can I get Back?

You can get back very easily by using an HTC RUU for your network which you can find here. Or use one of my OpenRUUs for Linux & Mac users.

Requirements:

A HTC Desire
    Patience!
    A PC, Mac or Linux (Linux or Mac recommended because you will have no problems with drivers or HTC Sync.)

NOTE: When UnrEVOked 3.2x is released, This method WILL work with it.
    You can check UnrEVOked's Twitter feed to check if it has been released yet or join #unrevokedtest IRC here to see if there are any test builds avalible.
    (FYI, 3.2 roots FroYo)

Follow my guide here to root & flash a recovery image! http://bit.ly/c53S7A
    (the guide is on my site so I can edit it easily and to prevent all the copies becoming out of date.)

Donate:

If you would like to donate to the developers, donate to EFF by clicking here: https://secure.eff.org/site/Donatio...ID=1040&JServSessionIdr004=zp736oudi2.app209a
    (This is not a donation to me)