[Q] Loose USB connection: Can I fix it myself?

Search This thread

melando

Aug 27, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6
Mine just broke, as well. All of a sudden, I now have to tilt the cable up to get it to charge, and tethering does NOT work at all anymore. Anyone in the US have this problem? If so, did you get it repaired, and if so, how did you do it? I have no idea about the soldering and other stuff the earlier posts mentioned, and T-Mobile told me I just need to get another phone. Please help!

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium
My solution - safer than disassembly/soldering - HD2 can run Android 100% from SD card (via NativeSD, so no need ever for USB connection) + external charger/spare battery or (currently almost as cheap and working well) powermat wireless charging kit...

Reactions: trippster

trippster

Sep 6, 2008
that helps, but...

I appreciate the above response, but still doesn't solve the entire problem. How in the world can I connect my phone to my laptop and use it as a modem as I was doing before? As always, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine just broke, as well. All of a sudden, I now have to tilt the cable up to get it to charge, and tethering does NOT work at all anymore. Anyone in the US have this problem? If so, did you get it repaired, and if so, how did you do it? I have no idea about the soldering and other stuff the earlier posts mentioned, and T-Mobile told me I just need to get another phone. Please help!

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium
    My solution - safer than disassembly/soldering - HD2 can run Android 100% from SD card (via NativeSD, so no need ever for USB connection) + external charger/spare battery or (currently almost as cheap and working well) powermat wireless charging kit...