Will Google Cast ever do 1080p?

Search This thread

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I'm guessing not unless they do a major revamp of how it works. In your case your best result will either be to cast a 720p-sized tab (use the option to resize the tab for best display) or use Vbukit to display the site.

You'll get poor results - both performance-wise and quality-wise - if it has to downscale a larger image to 720p then have the display upscale that downscaled result. Displaying a native 720p image upscaled to 1080p should look pretty good. Fact of the matter is, some of the HD TV content you receive is still 720p so it's being upscaled too.

dmwagner

I'm guessing not unless they do a major revamp of how it works. In your case your best result will either be to cast a 720p-sized tab (use the option to resize the tab for best display) or use Vbukit to display the site.

You'll get poor results - both performance-wise and quality-wise - if it has to downscale a larger image to 720p then have the display upscale that downscaled result. Displaying a native 720p image upscaled to 1080p should look pretty good. Fact of the matter is, some of the HD TV content you receive is still 720p so it's being upscaled too.

Thank you for the reply.

I bit the bullet and ordered up a 25ft HDMI cable and will have it run from the display to the workstation what is "serving" up this website.

I really need the 1080p resolution to be able to fit all the content and have it readable.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I really need the 1080p resolution to be able to fit all the content and have it readable.
Got it. I suggested Vbukit but it seems the 2.0 version has removed the ability to send web URLs - seems they were just snapshots anyway though.

Actually, if you find you really need to be un-wired and it's a static or scripted website demonstration, you could make a photo stream or video and present that.

Vbukit can present PowerPoint among other Office filetypes.