[MOD][Deodex][Odex][MDC][MDL][MF9][MJA]Hotspot Mod

Search This thread

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
thanks for all the great info...i wanted to post this in the development forum; however, since im new i need 10 posts to do so

anyway, heres my question: with 4.2.2 there was a hotspot mod for the services.odex and .jar files(mad props to crawrj!!!)....then fgr modded those files to work with 4.3....the difference is in the usb tether. Im using the Cradlepoint MBR1000 router b/c it has USB ports to receive my 3G/4G internet off my Sprint Galaxy S4....i use this combination to supply internet from my phone through the router into my entire home!!!! its been working awesome, but i accidentally accepted the 4.3 upgrade and now the usb tether option under settings/connections/more networks/tethering/usb tethering stopped working with the router ???? i can usb tether to my pc, but when usb tethered to the router, my phone says, "no usb device connected"

i am rooted, have usb debugging checked.....but dont know how to get this up and running again.

granted the naive hotspot technique from qbking77 works great; however, only 2 devices can be wirelessly tethered at any one time - thus the need for the router...and i prefer a usb tether for streaming.

CAN YOU HELP ME? Or at least pass my issue on to someone who can pm me or something....being a nube really sucks..lol..thanks!

If you hit configure hotspot, then pan down with your finger in the popup, you will see a check box for advanced settings, after checking that box pan down some more and you can set as many connections as you want.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

chrashduff

Feb 23, 2014
i updated the firmware (of my Cradlepointe router) to the most recent: (Firmware Version :2.0.0, 2012/04/16)

it appears the modem is the issue --> WiMAX Version : 6.1.2

since the modem/baseband of my sprint galaxy s4 changed from 'L720VPUAMDC'(android 4.2.2) to 'L720VPUEMK2'(android 4.3) the router no longer wants to play nice :(

my modem was nearly $400 and of course im now out of the return window....grrr...

anyone know if i can flash a different modem onto my router to get this to work OR is it possible to use the modem from the 4.2.2 build to make this work?

the modem on my router is the same and it worked with the 4.2.2 build. (id prefer to leave my phone as stock as possible and modify the router)

thanks for any help you can offer! :)
xoxoxo

thanks for all the great info...i wanted to post this in the development forum; however, since im new i need 10 posts to do so

anyway, heres my question: with 4.2.2 there was a hotspot mod for the services.odex and .jar files(mad props to crawrj!!!)....then fgr modded those files to work with 4.3....the difference is in the usb tether. Im using the Cradlepoint MBR1000 router b/c it has USB ports to receive my 3G/4G internet off my Sprint Galaxy S4....i use this combination to supply internet from my phone through the router into my entire home!!!! its been working awesome, but i accidentally accepted the 4.3 upgrade and now the usb tether option under settings/connections/more networks/tethering/usb tethering stopped working with the router ???? i can usb tether to my pc, but when usb tethered to the router, my phone says, "no usb device connected"

i am rooted, have usb debugging checked.....but dont know how to get this up and running again.

granted the naive hotspot technique from qbking77 works great; however, only 2 devices can be wirelessly tethered at any one time - thus the need for the router...and i prefer a usb tether for streaming.

CAN YOU HELP ME? Or at least pass my issue on to someone who can pm me or something....being a nube really sucks..lol..thanks!

MEGABYTEPR

Jan 30, 2009
Im running stock rooted NAE, i used the ODEX version, after to days i keep getting process.fail crashes.

Any ideas?

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Does this work for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 5.0.1?

Thanks
Lollipop mod is in General section

SKNur2l.jpg

landous

Feb 6, 2012
Is anybody aware of a mod package that will work with OD2 odexed? I'm running Stock OD2 rooted on an L720 and I'm able to use Galaxytools to enable it temporarily, but the fix seems to be undone after a while. I can go back to GT and re-enable the fix and it works again, but it always requires a reboot for the GT fix to take.

usarmyvetsa

Apr 3, 2016
Md9 mdj etc

My build number doesnt have mdc mdl mf9 or mja in the number. I one of these what I'm supposed to look for

Top Liked Posts