[FAQ] User signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

congo1971

Nov 23, 2011
Den Haag
Glad i used the search function:) I was also looking for an answer why i couldn't found the option to change my signature....now i know why ;)

boborone

This thread was supposed to be relating to discussing the sig, not spamming to be able to add one or get ten posts. I've reported the non contributory posts before. I think this thread is better served as a helpful tool for those with genuine questions, but a mod should be responding to the reports from this thread and deleting obviously spammy comments.

But it's not going to happen :(

* iTouched Epic

bocrazy

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks, now I know how to setup the Sig...heading over to look at reinbeaus new member guide aswell...

remorze

Aug 31, 2011
hmm no wonder i get :confused:

Code:
Sorry, you are not permitted to have a signature.

it turns out that it has minimum post to use the signature :p

thx for the thread

jughead101

May 1, 2012
Pune
I spent almost 15 min looking around for adding details of my phone in the signature ... and now I know why I couldn't find it .... :mad:

OnePhantom

Apr 25, 2012
People / Bots were Posting generic messages, like "Thanks this is great" or in some cases, actual responses based on words in a thread. The post it's self was not spam (although pretty pointless), but the users signature would contain 3-4 links to an online company of varying levels of trustworthiness.

We used to find one or two of these bad boys a day. Because they didn't create new threads, nor did they make it obvious to the casual observer, they were getting away with it.

I have not seen one of the so called "signature spammers" since the rules were put in place.

Dave

Ah now I see. I too was wondering how this limit would stop spammers. Makes sense I guess. Like many others, I have been trawling these forums for some time and wanting to thank Devs and answer some questions myself but have not been able to yet. Hopefully I will be able to soon, as well as showing some support for my chosen ROM in my signature.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Ah now I see. I too was wondering how this limit would stop spammers. Makes sense I guess. Like many others, I have been trawling these forums for some time and wanting to thank Devs and answer some questions myself but have not been able to yet. Hopefully I will be able to soon, as well as showing some support for my chosen ROM in my signature.

Circumventing the ten posts rule is not tolerated on XDA. Questions and "thanks" do not belong in ROM threads.

Incloud

Oct 14, 2011
Worcester
inclouddesign.com
You should be all set now, check your User Control Panel :)

I have been participating here for a while, strongly for the past week and love it here. I am entirely grateful for the wealth of information and the end result I have achieved due to this forum and its participants. I believe I have enough credit for a signature now but do not have the option. If I could receive some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time, Bobby C. (Incloud)

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
I have been participating here for a while, strongly for the past week and love it here. I am entirely grateful for the wealth of information and the end result I have achieved due to this forum and its participants. I believe I have enough credit for a signature now but do not have the option. If I could receive some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time, Bobby C. (Incloud)

Check here, might take a few hours.

Incloud

Oct 14, 2011
Worcester
inclouddesign.com

All set. Thanks, I got it all set up. Looking forward to a great experience in the future here. One quick question I have is; Do you guys have anywhere to get some decent XDA .png images? I'd like to get a high res image to use for an app launcher for XDA on my phone and also would like to do a write up and review of this forum on my blog. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way I can add my own signature on here? I heard that it is in USER CP but the option isnt there ...:confused:

Moderator Edit - Here's the answer from svetius
    This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Or just click here : Edit Signature
    i wonder if how does this help in stopping spam ..... anyways .... whatever you feel is good should be good someways

People / Bots were Posting generic messages, like "Thanks this is great" or in some cases, actual responses based on words in a thread. The post it's self was not spam (although pretty pointless), but the users signature would contain 3-4 links to an online company of varying levels of trustworthiness.

We used to find one or two of these bad boys a day. Because they didn't create new threads, nor did they make it obvious to the casual observer, they were getting away with it.

I have not seen one of the so called "signature spammers" since the rules were put in place.

Dave
    Thread Closed

Here's the answer from svetius

This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Or just click here : Edit Signature

If you need further help with a user signature, please go here:

[GUIDE][Noob Friendly]How to make a good signature[Noob Friendly][GUIDE]

Thank you,

mf2112
    XDA Senior Moderator
    I had the same question...this is an excellent way to manage spam users. Good job, looking forward to delving more into this forum and getting a signature!
    I was a bit upset at not being able to have a signature. Thanks Daveshaw for explaining. Its indeed a great way to stop spammers.