[ROM] [CyanogenMod 10] Jelly Bean for HTC G1 - 4.1.1 Pre-Alpha by SoCal Devs [Video]

Search This thread

xanda143

May 26, 2012
All we need for ics to be usable is hw acceleration. there's patches and fixes for cm9 that would help significantly, but I haven't merged them in yet.

I think ics might be mostly usable once we get that fixed. Camera is a different story....

Open source drivers would make this significantly better. We'd just have to update them to work with what android wants. If only....

Words from a good dev himself and if ics could become daily USABLE then jb could also may not be great def nit better than gb but as my friend above said.why not
:)
Sent from my HTC Magic using xda premium

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
As someone looking to get a G1 here to play around with. I just want to say thank you for making this happen.

Why would you want to get a g1? Its the first android phone. You can only run every version of aosp android, cm, and aokp on it. There aren't many other varieties of roms besides sense, miui, blur (buried in the forums) and soon Firefox os and I think a few others. Our devs only check the forums every few hours. People like jcarrz just randomly drop pieces of awesome without any pattern telling you when it might happen. You can only find roms still supported based on recent versions of android, the older ones are just too frikin stable to be fun. Where is the fun in that?

/sarcasm

I hope people understand my sarcasm. I'm really bad at it.
On an unrelated note, I can't find sources for this. :/

Last edited:

Bray90820

Apr 9, 2010
finally i have been waiting for my phone to get jelly been j/k but in all seriousness this is a just because you can project

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
I'm wondering when this phone is going to become self aware and say, "enough already, why wont you just let me be, no more please no more"
to which everybody replies just one more come on be a sport.

I wonder if Google sees this an thinks, "hmm would you look at that, we did a good job"

I have now run every version of android on this phone including the severely-broken-from-the-get-go Honeycomb.
I have to say JB is running nicely. No if we can just keep development on this going it would be great.
Keep it up folks.

jcarrz1

Retired Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
Just to clear a couple of things up:

1. carz2 is not my github. it is jcarrz1. I haven't posted anything there. This rom's source is not online anywhere
2. I am working on getting source online.
3. Thanks for watching, commenting, and supporting SoCal Devs! I'll keep you all updated.

jcarrz1

AntiBillOS

Jun 21, 2011
Запорожье
This is greate work man!
I am too build JB, but i do that for Sony Xperia Neo (this phone have stock ICS).

And dont think that good idea to post it that, but maybe anybody here have not used G1/dream/magic please write me!
(I want this phone for hobby coding).

gabrielking9

Feb 12, 2012
Recife
This is greate work man!
I am too build JB, but i do that for Sony Xperia Neo (this phone have stock ICS).

And dont think that good idea to post it that, but maybe anybody here have not used G1/dream/magic please write me!
(I want this phone for hobby coding).

Please see JB Cm10 thread for galaxy mini by thewhisp could you do a new camera patch. Please answer there.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

bigshotproducer

Nov 2, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
So I dusted off the G1, followed the install guide to a T. And it's just sitting at the T-Mo G1 logo. I restored my nandroid and tried it again. Same results. Any help would be appreciated.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Has this been abandoned?

I was just wondering if this project is actually being continued or if the aim was simply to get it up and running and that was it, and if so has the ICS port gone down the drain as well?

xanda143

May 26, 2012
I was just wondering if this project is actually being continued or if the aim was simply to get it up and running and that was it, and if so has the ICS port gone down the drain as well?

I think the guys are actually working on it as for ice I think that's because jb interface is more fluid

Sent from my HTC Magic using xda premium

AntonDreams

Jan 25, 2009
+1 on you guys kicking serious arse. I got the ADP1 the day it was available to ship to France. Sure, the phone sucks, but I don't think any of us owners care... If it even gets remotely usable I'm installing over my crusty old CW 6.1!

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
+1 on you guys kicking serious arse. I got the ADP1 the day it was available to ship to France. Sure, the phone sucks, but I don't think any of us owners care... If it even gets remotely usable I'm installing over my crusty old CW 6.1!

Just wondering. by CW6.1 do you mean cyanogenmod? If so, have your tried unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2. I have it on my old G1, and i have to say it runs pretty well, especially if you run S2E. It runs really smoothly.

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
:,) its beautiful to see this dinosaur still alive and kicking. My g1 is dead forever unless I JTAG it but I'm going to let the little guy R.I.P but omg this is why I love the android community.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: x.0ni.x

Jabbacks

Aug 1, 2011
What are my chances of installing this ROM. Following are current details of phone:

Model #: T-Mobile G1
Baseband: 65.50S.20.17H_2.22.19.261
Kernel Version: 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
Build Number: CRB43

DREA100 PVT 32B
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I

If you could direct me link so I don't mess up your thread. Thanks!

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
What are my chances of installing this ROM. Following are current details of phone:

Model #: T-Mobile G1
Baseband: 65.50S.20.17H_2.22.19.261
Kernel Version: 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
Build Number: CRB43

DREA100 PVT 32B
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I

If you could direct me link so I don't mess up your thread. Thanks!

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC_Dream:_Rooting
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=831139
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19735858&postcount=111

If you are confused, this ROM is not for you ;)
It barely works. It's only for those that like to hack around.

Reactions: Jabbacks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a working CM10 port of Jelly Bean to the HTC G1, the first android phone!

nMKBZ.png

Remember, we are not responsible if you brick your phone. You must have proper 2708 SPL and radio. Follow the guide!

Special thanks: CyanogenMod team, Shelnutt2

Working
    Touchscreen
    WiFi
    Apps
    CM features
    Google Now - partial

Not Working Yet
    Cell/Data
    Rotation

Video

BlackDownloadButtonNewReflection.png

Pre-Alpha http://www.scienceprousa.com/socaldevs/cm-10-20120808-EXPERIMENTAL-dream.zip

Install Guide http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19735858&postcount=111 thanks almostthere! use mtd 132​
    The ROM download is up
    As someone looking to get a G1 here to play around with. I just want to say thank you for making this happen.

Why would you want to get a g1? Its the first android phone. You can only run every version of aosp android, cm, and aokp on it. There aren't many other varieties of roms besides sense, miui, blur (buried in the forums) and soon Firefox os and I think a few others. Our devs only check the forums every few hours. People like jcarrz just randomly drop pieces of awesome without any pattern telling you when it might happen. You can only find roms still supported based on recent versions of android, the older ones are just too frikin stable to be fun. Where is the fun in that?

/sarcasm

I hope people understand my sarcasm. I'm really bad at it.
    On an unrelated note, I can't find sources for this. :/
    I don't see a lot of possibility for this to be actually usable as a daily ROM. For the small number of people who actually use this as their daily phone, froyo is still the best and they know it. And yes I did do it first, but that's not why I did it. I did it for the novelty and the truth that it can be done.

Mtd 128

Jcarrz1