[Porting]Gingerbread for Samsung i5510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kraka23

Feb 10, 2011
ahahah te habia escrito un flor de mensaje pero no se porque mierdaaa no lo envioo!!!! te paso mi mail ... krakatomi@gmail.com ...agregame al gtalk y hablamos..... asi te paso info....bueno me da bronca que me arte escribiendo y se borrooooo grgrgrgr jajajaj.....tengo info para pasarte...yo no soy ningun expertoo..pero tengo muchas ganas de aprender tambien...vos sabes algo de linux, programacion, a que te dedicas? ...te mando un abrazo viejo! suerte!

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
Buenísimo! Ya te mandé la solicitud. A ver si podemos generar algo para este cel que la verdad me parece que está bastante bueno. Es muy nuevo, así que seguro en un tiempo se va a sumar más gente. Voy arrancando por instalar el SDK de Android, como para empezar... Sé algunas cosas de Linux, de probar Ubuntu, compilé alguna vez un kernel de Gentoo cosas básicas pero algo manejo. Igual esto creo que es como un mundo nuevo para mi, je. Che, no hay problema de postear en español en el foro? Habría que ver, para que no nos llamen la atención...

W

WillingMagic

Guys please use English language or use google translator.

And I have some good news my power supply is fixed so I am back in action and done porting android 2.3.3 to Samsung Callisto/GT-I5510, and even more I almost done porting Honeycomb. Links should be available soon.

kraka23

Feb 10, 2011
Excellent work willing!!!. Did you tried the gingerbread port in your device?. I want all the documents! or make a How To for the comunity and upload it. Very thanks buddy!.

dj_kopral

Oct 23, 2007

And I have some good news my power supply is fixed so I am back in action and done porting android 2.3.3 to Samsung Callisto/GT-I5510, and even more I almost done porting Honeycomb. Links should be available soon.

sweet...:D
looking forward for gingerbread
is honeycomb useable for this device?, i mean the spec is kind of low

btw i feel like the screen is too small or is it the resolution that is too low, so the info that's displayed on the screen is very limited
did you ever think of changing the screen density?

i know that there's an apps for this
i've read some dude tried to install lcd density changer apps on his i5510 , then he told not to becoz it's not compatible with i5510 and he had to send his phone to service centre becoz of that

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011

That's excellent!! I hope I can learn fast enough to help you. Your efforts are very much appreciated!

tee3t3t3t

Jun 1, 2006

are u kidding on April Fool's day hahaha

W

WillingMagic

Yes it was joke:)

But I fixed my power supply so my laptop is back online, but I don't know how long :( , because I have random hangs(Ram is ok and this is not connect with power supply).

This weekend I'll be too busy to do anything with rom. I'm still thinging how flash new recovery. I will release my patch for buildsystem and instructions how to build and install when it works and won't brick your phone.

If you have any question to me about porting and phone post them in this thread.

Sent from my GT-I5510 using XDA Premium App

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
Yes it was joke:)

But I fixed my power supply so my laptop is back online, but I don't know how long :( , because I have random hangs(Ram is ok and this is not connect with power supply).

This weekend I'll be too busy to do anything with rom. I'm still thinging how flash new recovery. I will release my patch for buildsystem and instructions how to build and install when it works and won't brick your phone.

If you have any question to me about porting and phone post them in this thread.

Sent from my GT-I5510 using XDA Premium App

You had me there... oh well, at least it means there's still lots of fun stuff to do for the weekend. BTW good luck with your Laptop! I've been setting up my environment and I'm ready to start (still have lots to read though)

keyurkarnik

May 2, 2008
Guys to be helpful to all, you need to use english to communicate. You may talk privately in your own language -- please not on the forum.

RAYDave

Apr 9, 2011
Rosario
twitter.com
Here, another Argentine joins the discussion. :D

WillingMagic, i congratulate you for the initiative to bring Gingerbread to ours Callistos (Galaxy 551/GT-i5510*).

I'll watch out for updates! :cool:

Scylla.bx

Apr 27, 2010
Hello all,

I'm also a user of galaxy 551, as I read the topic with great interest! Thank's for your job, i'm wait release forward

W

WillingMagic

Ok guys. Little news.
I tried contact with Koushik Dutta, author of clockwork recovery. If anybody can loan him his galaxy 551, he will able to make/build recovery. Here are any necessary information.http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/10/porting-clockwork-recovery-to-new.html
Maybe I will done recovery, but I don`t know how long it will take for me.
I`m getting tried trying flash and getting errors without any success.
If I anything fail, I will go for plan B, write new bootloader, based on uboot which allow me to use mtd partitions and ext4/ubifs/yaffs2 filesystem, but this option will take a lot of time and money(buying jtag).

nayma1976

Oct 2, 2008
Hi all

From Argentina too! and also With a callisto, brand new, but, nothing about apps?
Also looking for yor work guys!! Iam not a programmer but anyhting to help you need, i will!
the only thing i can say is, after a long searching i had my phone rooted, and black Market. I tried many apps but some do not work, even live wall papers!!! thats a shame! :(
Does anybody knows a good compact qwerty?
Thanks in advance!
Seya in forums!

Last edited:
W

WillingMagic

I have good news and bad news.
Today I was able to successful flash custom image using very dirty/bad solution, but it work. It require odin, and data.rfs and system.rfs from any Samsung rom. I will write how to later.
Now bad news.
Image didn`t work because i used boot.img from Samsung rom. I think the initramfs was wrong so phone go to loop, so I flashed Samsung rom. I will rebuild it boot.img. Still we need recovery, but I`m able to test roms:D.
I wish heimdall supported ops(Odin partition script), because I could test my build without rebooting my computer.

nayma1976

Oct 2, 2008
To enable live wallpapers try this:
Code:
waveboy2u.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/enable-live-wallpapers-on-samsung-galaxy-551

Saludos! ;)

Thanks in advance, but i tried before and nothing happens, ones i start to write the code in the phone (the first line) i press enter and "not found" is the answer. Any suggestion?

keyurkarnik

May 2, 2008
You can do the same using adb

I am assuming that you have installed Android SDK and KIES

Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
Choose KIES mode (not UMS) on phone

Now, open a command prompt on your computer
type :
>adb shell
>su
#

At the root prompt, type the commands that you need to type on in the terminal.
Done

keyurkarnik

May 2, 2008
Willing,

Which firmware image did you use for reverting back?
Do you have any image which will work for Indian phones - my current build is DDJK4.

W

WillingMagic

I use latest open rom from Samsung. I5510XWKA7
You can use it, but you shouldn`t use CSC*.tar.md5, because it contains region specific information, like apn, language. I only use PDA*.tar.md5, because it contains most important files for rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 2.3.4 for the Galaxy 551 hits the floor official via Samsung Kies.

Source: SamFirmware
    Orange lettering
    ROM Manager Logo
    No shell .No busybox.
    After you enter the recovery menu there is no going back .
    /system doesnt mount after a reboot .
    stl12 stl13 stl14 dont mount at all
    That said I am using data/system/cache-ext2 FS

Code:
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Goodthing : it doesn';t brick phone
    Bad thing : It doesn't do any thing else
    Flashed back to kraka23's recovery (Cool Guy )
    Little update:

5. There is no kitchen for callisto and I won`t make any kitchen for 551.

Dont worry about the kitchen .I am working on it already .Need more ideas to be implemented . :)
    Interesting. It's sad since I see that this phone can hold so much potential. You hve my support. I'm not that knowledgeable with programming n stuff,however; Please let me know how I can assist you.

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I5510 using XDA App
    I5510XWKP5 ## CSC - NEEKP1 CALLISTO.OPS Android 2.3.4 2011 August 22 DOWNLOAD

Make sure to register. Could not find the news entry either, but I'm downloading the firmware as I write this.