[Q] Usb connector

Search This thread
G

GuestK00117

Hi
I have bought a usb connector to connect my flash drives with my phone. Every time i connect the connector i get the message USB connector connected but right after connecting the usb i get SD Card is Damaged. Try Reformatting it.
I used to have Omega rom and it was working fine for a couble of weeks but suddenly the message came up again so i flashed the official 4.3 android for S3. The problem still persists... FYI the phone is rooted and with stock rom and kernel.
Any help?
Thank you

G

GuestK00117

I have tried all kind of format disk but still the message Damaged SD Card shows up..

G

GuestK00117

Yes i tried 3 usb flash drives and also USB OTG Checker app that gave me positive results about the cable..

dfire86

Mar 30, 2013
I think the problem is with your otg cable. Go to a accessories shop and check it there before you buy it. If it's not with the otg cable then may be it must be with the port

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

G

GuestK00117

I even have two cables and none of them makes the difference :)
Thanks anw for your responses

G

GuestK00117

Ok i finally figured it out. After a a lot of formatting of my usb drives on windows i tried to format those in my Puppy Linux OS with the same format as before (FAT 32). After that everything worked. Seems like linux can when Windows can't :cool:
Thanks for your help hope i helped other facing the same prob.