[APP] Renamed Gingerbread Keyboard - updated 2010-12-28

Search This thread

hotaru

May 24, 2010
Kent, OH
hotaru.thinkindifferent.net
this is the gingerbread keyboard, with a different package name so you can install it alongside the normal android keyboard on android 2.1+. it works on non-rooted devices. it includes BG, CS, CZ, DA, DE, EN, ES, FI, FR, IT, NB, NL, PL, PT, RU, SL, and SV dictionaries.
before installing, i recommend removing dictionaries for any languages you aren't going to use and re-signing it.
if you have another dictionary you want added to this, let me know. if you don't have a dictionary for me to include, don't expect me to track one down.

the small keyboard problem and haptic feedback on motorola and samsung devices should be fixed now.
the problem with replacing words has been fixed.

any posts reporting problems with it that do not include all of the following will be ignored:
  • a description of the problem
  • the name of your device
  • the name and version of your rom, and what type of rom it is (aosp, cyanogen, sense, touchwiz, etc)
  • logcat output

known issues:
  • the list of languages comes from the android system, and some roms return a very short list.
  • voice input does not (yet) work on android 2.1.

if you had problems with the old version, try this one and if the problems still exist, see above about reporting them.

Attachments

• gbkb-en.apk
    1 MB · Views: 68,027
  • gbkb.apk
    7.3 MB · Views: 61,338
Last edited by a moderator:

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
Force closes on my x10... I assume its not for 2.1 phones...

Sent from my x32 using the licking write method....man I am thirsty now!

Reactions: mwilner

awasem1784

Dec 17, 2010
this is the gingerbread keyboard, renamed so you can install it alongside the android keyboard you already have. it should work on non-rooted phones. it also includes dictionaries for all six languages that the regular android keyboard has (DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, SV).

gbkb.apk only works on android 2.2 or newer.
gbkb-2.1.apk works on android 2.1.

So I jsut got the 2.3 software so i know thats good.. but when i try to install the .apk, it says application not installed.. any help?

info[]box1

May 23, 2009
-5 Eastern
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
im going to try this gb2.3 kb out, hope this one is go. the ones ive tried wouldn't install on my unrooted with es file explorer. some say you to use root explorer to install. idk

to the op: thanks for the energyand persistence and i will report back.

Edit : worked like a charm. I just installed the apk from es explorer.

Last edited:

.mak

Mar 17, 2008
Badabumbumbum I'm lovin it lol

Working great on my device

Sent from my Evo 4G running AvaFroyo w/ MakMod using TapaTalk Pro

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
The 2.1 version is a bit small but very responsive. Too small to work quick with my sausage shaped fingers :lol will post screenshot later, shootme screenshots cant be inserted by tapatalk.

Here is the promised screenshot:

Sent from my x32 using the licking write method....man I am thirsty now!

Last edited:

mezo9090

Apr 13, 2010
cairo
The 2.1 version is a bit small but very responsive. Too small to work quick with my sausage shaped fingers :lol will post screenshot later, shootme screenshots cant be inserted by tapatalk.
I got the same problem here, I wonder if it can be fixed, also vibration not working.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2.1

Ashvsaod

Aug 17, 2010
Go to settings > locale and text.

Select the check next to gingerbread keyboard. Then change the input type.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is the gingerbread keyboard, with a different package name so you can install it alongside the normal android keyboard on android 2.1+. it works on non-rooted devices. it includes BG, CS, CZ, DA, DE, EN, ES, FI, FR, IT, NB, NL, PL, PT, RU, SL, and SV dictionaries.
    before installing, i recommend removing dictionaries for any languages you aren't going to use and re-signing it.
    if you have another dictionary you want added to this, let me know. if you don't have a dictionary for me to include, don't expect me to track one down.

the small keyboard problem and haptic feedback on motorola and samsung devices should be fixed now.
    the problem with replacing words has been fixed.

any posts reporting problems with it that do not include all of the following will be ignored:
    • a description of the problem
    • the name of your device
    • the name and version of your rom, and what type of rom it is (aosp, cyanogen, sense, touchwiz, etc)
    • logcat output

known issues:
    • the list of languages comes from the android system, and some roms return a very short list.
    • voice input does not (yet) work on android 2.1.

if you had problems with the old version, try this one and if the problems still exist, see above about reporting them.
    It had a small glitch,.similar to the droid x keyboard that was released, the & symbol shows up as amp;

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    How do you do this? I want to enable Greek on this keyboard for nexus one stock 2.2.1 .

here gingerbread keyboard with Greek language ;)
    For the little keyboard (need ROOT) :
    Download lcddensity on the market, install, give root rights and confirm the density already written.
    The phone reboot and it's good.
    Solution by TOSHIBA (frAndroid)

Sorry for my english !
    Is it possible to get this working on 2.1 phones ??

yes, it is. and i just added a version that works on 2.1. :cool: