Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *I made this before any of these new roms came out and as such it was meant for and has been tested on only the stock Gingerbread rom that comes with the phone. I doubt it will be compatible with the new roms.*

So, thanks to the AMAZING people who brought us Clockwork Mod for the Nitro (I owe ALL of you a beer!), I could now make a backup of my ROM and take the risk of messing with what I needed to to make the notification bar transparent!

Basically, I needed to deodex SystemUI.apk in order to make the necessary changes to the smali file. All of this is gibberish to me, but I just googled what I needed to =).

To deodex, I followed this guide:
    How to deodex a ROM

(I only deodexed SystemUI.apk)

And to make the necessary modifications for transparency, I followed portions of this guide:
    [MOD] [Guide How To] SystemUI.apk for Transparent notifications background (Thanks AdamTt!)

(I didn't end up using step 2 of that because it didn't look very good on the Nitro)

So now the status bar and pull down background look like this!

2012-01-22011116.jpg

2012-01-22011207.jpg

So I've bundled the necessary files so it's easier to make yours transparent too! Keep in mind, I am NOT a dev and was not sure how android would handle a single deodexed apk in an otherwise odexed rom (hence waiting for Clockwork Mod), so this may not be the slickest way (programming wise), but so far it's been working great for me. Haven't noticed any performance issues of any kind. Regardless, try at your own risk! =)

Preparation!
    1.) Backup your phone with Clockwork Mod! (Yay!)
    2.) Using root explorer, back up a copy of your SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex (both in /system/app)

Make it transparent! (Again, everything done with Root Explorer!)
    1.) Download and extract attached .zip to computer
    2.) Copy your SystemUI.apk to your desktop and right click, 7zip, open archive
    3.) Drag and drop into open archive (and let overwrite if it wants to):
    -"classes.dex" into root folder of open archive of SystemUI.apk
    -"status_bar_tracking.xml" into SystemUI.apk\res\layout
    -"shade_bg.png" into SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi (hdpi, NOT xhdpi)
    -"statusbar_background.9.png" into SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi (xhdpi!)
    4.) Copy this new SystemUI.apk onto your SD card
    5.) Move to phone's \system\ folder
    6.) CHANGE PERMISSIONS with root explorer (Owner: read write, group: read, others: read)
    7.) Move into phone's \system\app folder and let overwrite other SystemUI.apk
    8.) DELETE SystemUI.odex from \system\app folder on your phone!
    9.) Restart your phone!

*The typical limitations of the transparent notification bar on gingerbread are present here. If you use a launcher other than stock or ADW, the bar will only be transparent if you use a live wallpaper. If you use ADW, you have to uncheck the "hack" setting, and then it'll be transparent regardless of wallpaper.*

**You don't have to use the PNG's I provided. You can put whatever you want there and have as little or as much transparency as you want!**