[MOD] Aroma | UV | 09-Jan | New dualcore configuration of 1.1/1.2-abov bricked kernel

Search This thread

axetilen

Oct 17, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
i thought that this mod is for kernels with badass governor not only with brick ed kernel so if it does not work with sultan kernel i will not use it as axetilen say it conflicts:(

if you guys really want to use this mod (I think so)

maybe I have to create a patch to delete some of my stuffs which conflict with this mod

so both things can be run together, no confliction???

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi
if you guys really want to use this mod (I think so)

maybe I have to create a patch to delete some of my stuffs which conflict with this mod

so both things can be run together, no confliction???

the developer of the mod is saying it only works with brick kernel amd not on other kernels so :rolleyes:

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
i thought that this mod is for kernels with badass governor not only with brick ed kernel so if it does not work with sultan kernel i will not use it as axetilen say it conflicts:(

this mod COULD be used in other kernel than bricked, but, i repeate, why you would use sultan? do you know how works a kernel? do you know whats the different from one to other? I suppouse no, so, that's why i create that only for bricked kernel

the old V3.7 was used for all, it was only a force second core turn on, but, the 11.9 has another configuration witch decrese power consuption with a better fluidity, and it works with bricked kernel

i repeate, i don't know why all wants to use sultan kernel but, if you want a pure functional sensation, use bricked + my mod, if you want to use the sultan kernel, or others, don't mix my settings with that kernel, even it has the same governor, it's not the same kernel

p.s. why i advise to use bricked kernel?
BECAUSE BADASS + MPDECISION HOTPLUG WAS CREATED BY SHOW-P1984, other kernel developers port his work in theyr kernel, but, it's not the same

EX, could you use a ferrari engine in a skyline? sure, it's possibile, but, skyline can't use that engine at 100% of his power, it's because it doesen't have the correct structure

now do you understand?

try to use bricked + my mod for some days, if you have a better experience, ok, if you don't like it, install other + AIO mod :good:
it's unusefull to use my settages with other kernel than bricked, understand?

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
so let's use bricked for safety reason :)

the default setting in AIO is so-so, I took it from Bricked kernel

the best combination is from this mod

change one simple number can re-adjust all the performance

ex? sampling down factor, from 4 to 1, or more than 4, and it's only a number

the default setting of bricked is completely different from mine, i use the phone for WEB BROWSING, and i need fluidity-performance mixed to duration
stock settage of bricked kernel hotplugs the second core slowly, it means core0 runs at maxfreq too times for my usage
for a normal usage, sms and calls, bricked default setting is better than mine

but i sad, my has more power consuption than default, sure, i SURFING a lot! a need performace! :good:

p.s. Briked or briked + my mod AREN'T FOR BENCHMARK! that's why they are "slow" to rump ap at maxfreq easly, that's to preserve battery, so, the worst thing you could do is chose a kernel only for the benchmark points
the worst kernel could use a performance governor witch gives the max performance everytime, sure, you lose all the battery in few hours

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi
this mod COULD be used in other kernel than bricked, but, i repeate, why you would use sultan? do you know how works a kernel? do you know whats the different from one to other? I suppouse no, so, that's why i create that only for bricked kernel

the old V3.7 was used for all, it was only a force second core turn on, but, the 11.9 has another configuration witch decrese power consuption with a better fluidity, and it works with bricked kernel

i repeate, i don't know why all wants to use sultan kernel but, if you want a pure functional sensation, use bricked + my mod, if you want to use the sultan kernel, or others, don't mix my settings with that kernel, even it has the same governor, it's not the same kernel

p.s. why i advise to use bricked kernel?
BECAUSE BADASS + MPDECISION HOTPLUG WAS CREATED BY SHOW-P1984, other kernel developers port his work in theyr kernel, but, it's not the same

EX, could you use a ferrari engine in a skyline? sure, it's possibile, but, skyline can't use that engine at 100% of his power, it's because it doesen't have the correct structure

now do you understand?

try to use bricked + my mod for some days, if you have a better experience, ok, if you don't like it, install other + AIO mod :good:
it's unusefull to use my settages with other kernel than bricked, understand?

ok i understand but want to make u understand that a ferrari [bricked] is not as fast as bugatti [sultan kernel] so those who want to win the race should choose which CAR [kernel] ;)

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
ok i understand but want to make u understand that a ferrari [bricked] is not as fast as bugatti [sultan kernel] so those who want to win the race should choose which CAR [kernel] ;)

yep sure, veyron is the fastest street car ever, problem is to drive it :laugh:
it's easyer to use a 599 FXX than a veyron at 1000hp, it means, more speedness with lower power consuption

Question: who sad sultan kernel is faster than bricked? Are you a kernel developer to say that? Do you use benchmark to say that? If you knows, teach me what's modules of sultain kernel are better than bricked ;)

EDIT: would you see what i sad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_huyI9VOnI&feature=youtu.be

as you see, the fluidity is the same even cpu doesen't reach maxfreq. so, 1000hp in nothing ;)

Last edited:

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi
yep sure, veyron is the fastest street car ever, problem is to drive it :laugh:
it's easyer to use a 599 FXX than a veyron at 1000hp, it means, more speedness with lower power consuption

Question: who sad sultan kernel is faster than bricked? Are you a kernel developer to say that? Do you use benchmark to say that? If you knows, teach me what's modules of sultain kernel are better than bricked ;)

i am not a dev nor a kernel master i am saying as a user of sultan kernel and i represent of those who suggest me to use sultan instead of anthrax . Higher benchmark =sultan ,smoothnesss =sultan and brick is only better in battery wise according to me . DONT WANT A KERNEL FIGHT HERE BENCHMARK DONT MATTER TO ME AS in the anthrax community they have shown a quadrant score video of 9000 with anthrax with only 1.6mhz

Last edited:

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
i am not a dev nor a kernel master i am saying as a user of sultan kernel and i represent of those who suggest me to use sultan instead of anthrax . Higher benchmark =sultan ,smoothnesss =sultan and brick is only better in battery wise according to me . DONT WANT A KERNEL FIGHT HERE BENCHMARK DONT MATTER TO ME AS in the anthrax community they have shown a quadrant score video of 9000 with anthrax with only 1.6mhz

http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/omfg.jpg

:eek:

1) you don't use benchmark but you chose the kernel witch has more benchmark results... :eek:
2) quadrant result is easy to hack, so, you would write 190.000points if you would
3) smoothness sultan?? :eek:, the smoothness of a rom is a mix from rom source, rom fixes and sure, hardware. if you use the sense 3.6 witch DOESEN'T have hardware acceleration, you may have a corei7 at 4ghz to compile the same code fluidity, the sense 4+ is hardware accelerated and on sensation is absolutely fluid with 910mhz of SCORPION ARCHITECTURE!!!
4) do you know what's a kernel? and what it do? benchmark is not a kernel fault, you could have the "best" kernel ever, if the OS is old, it couldn't use the kernel as his power

sorry but, you speak like a child, or, that what you sad:
more benchmark, more smoothness, so it's the best!!

feel free to use what kernel you want, but please, don't mix my settages with that kernel you want, you would have an interactive function only to have more benchmark number, i prefere the fluidity mixed to the most hours of screen on :good:

Last edited:

show-p1984

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
When you want to benchmark a kernel, set the governor to performance, min to max, kill the android process and put it in the freezer.
After 5 minutes take it out and benchmark it.
Quadrant is the most useless benchmark ever. There is an evo3d across the street which pulled 14k on q with some i/o tweaks I did in 5minutes.
So useless...
Antutu shows some good results, but in general all benchmarks are synthetic.

Reactions: iba21

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi
When you want to benchmark a kernel, set the governor to performance, min to max, kill the android process and put it in the freezer.
After 5 minutes take it out and benchmark it.
Quadrant is the most useless benchmark ever. There is an evo3d across the street which pulled 14k on q with some i/o tweaks I did in 5minutes.
So useless...
Antutu shows some good results, but in general all benchmarks are synthetic.

lol i think that i have started a kernel fight so calm down guys and show-p1984 i think i know who's EVO 3D is that u are talking about loil:D

satrang

Jan 11, 2012
Hi iba, I flashed your mod on last Elegancia Rom version and I noticed that cpu1 never goes on, I tried both with system tuner and kernel tuner to force it on but nothing...kernel tuner says cup1 is on lazy governor and program FC when I try to switch cpu on..Is it normal just one kernel working or maybe something went wrong with mod installation?

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Hi iba, I flashed your mod on last Elegancia Rom version and I noticed that cpu1 never goes on, I tried both with system tuner and kernel tuner to force it on but nothing...kernel tuner says cup1 is on lazy governor and program FC when I try to switch cpu on..Is it normal just one kernel working or maybe something went wrong with mod installation?

A faul in kernel installer??
Flash the bricked with stock setting and re-flash my mod

Delete other daemons, they could change the governor
If you see if it's working, go to the home of sdcard and see if there's the "iba21modworking" file

Reactions: satrang

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read new informations in installation guide

IF YOU HAVE REBOOTS WHEN YOU ARE USING THE PHONE, IT'S BECAUSE YOU SET A UV TOO AGGRESSIVE, SO, YOUR CPU CAN'T BE STABLE. CHOSE A LOWER UNDERVOLTAGE

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW VOLTAGE CAN REACH YOUR CPU, START STABILITY TEST (DOWNLODABLE FROM MARKET) AND USE IT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, IF PHONE REBOOTS IN THAT TIME, THAT VOLTAGE IS TOO LESS FOR A STABLE CHIP

NOT ALL CHIP ARE THE SAME, IF YOU HAVE A LUCKY CHIP, YOU CAN REACH A LOWER VOLTAGE (AS MINE)

Ok Guyz, since show creates the badass governor, i'd want to use it for a better one multicore configurtion

What's the advantages of multicore sistem?
    Symply, more parallelization means more performance per second, as i can say, 2 core can compile at last the double quantity of threads than 1, so, 1 core at double frequency can't compile the same number of thread, but it do it faster..

ex..

if you have 2 thread (impossibile), 1 audo and 1 video, a single core @ 2ghz compile firstly the audio, than the video.. the dualcore architecture can compile on core0 the audio and on core1 the video!! this is the powerfully of multicore system.

Ok, since i say it, i create a MOD witch TRY to use this logically.. this MOD uses the limitate frequency of the badass governor, that's why, with ondemand, all of 2 core goes at maxFreq too fast, now, with this badass, the system will not grow up the first limitate frequency until the single core uses more than that frequency.. so.. we can limitate the "ondemand" issue in 3 freq phases..

thus, the actual MOD configuration is it:
    SCREEN ON:

- dualcore with all cores TURNED ON (hope you understand now :D)
    - governor badass for all of 2 cores
    - min freq at 384mhz for all of 2 cores
    - max freq at 1.566ghz for all of 2 cores
    - first phase freq at 810mhz for bla bla bla
    - second phase freq at 1.188ghz for bla bla bla
    - third phase freq at 1.566ghz (is the maxfreq)

SCREEN OFF:

- only core0 is TURNED ON
    - governor conservative
    - minfreq 192mhz
    - maxfreq 540mhz
    Badass governor has the same configuration as last show's ondemand governor

So, now, with this MOD we have a pure functional dualcore with the advantages of multicore system, with limitate frequency. The stock situation is 384-810mhz, if the single core (is the same, qualcomm uses asyncronic frequency) needs more than 810mhz, it increases the max freq to 1.188ghz (the sensation original frequency), if 1.188 isn't sufficently, it increeses at 1.566
    remember, qualcomm has asyncronic frequency, so, one core can be run at 1.56ghz, the other at minimum mhz.. ;)
    INSTALLATION:

-) flash a kernel witch has badass governor (i advise bricked 1.1) with NO GPU OC and what governor you want, the same for the frequency, mod autochanges those, chose what scheduler you prefer.
    1) Flash MOD zip file by recovery
    2) Select what MOD YOU want ;)
    3) Reboot. :D
    #) You have to reinstall at every Rom Upgrade

# If you want only the UV, select Remove in mod choseing (it's the same as no installing it); you can use the UV mod with all kernels, and all governors
    # If you come from V2.0 to 3.0, go to recovery, wipe, format system partition, after that, reinstall rom, reinstall bricked kernel (if it hasn't), reinstall other mods (like battery %), install my mod, reboot.. You will not loose your data

# ONDEMAND VERSION IS NOT FOR GOOD BATTERY CONSUPTION, IF YOU HAVE HUGE BATTERYDRAIN (IT'S WHAT YOU'LL HAVE) INSTALL THE BADASS - BOOST+BOOST VERSION.

DISINSTALLATION:

1) Boot in recovery, flash the Mod
    2) Select Remove
    3) Reboot
    Code:
    bricked 1.2 -above
    V 11.9

> Fixed Screenoff chose
    > Changed DEFAULT first phase for better reactive with less power usage
    > Other minor changes

###
    Added Version for AOSP kernel (NoSense)

V 11.8

> Changed some settings

V 11.7

> Changed some settings for a better fluidity

V 11.6

> Added Remove chose
    > Fixed an installation issue of the Aroma

V 11.5

> Added possibility to know if MOD is working, you have to give a cycle on/off of the screen, after that, if it works, you will find a new file in home of sdcard!

V 11

> Changed configuration for less battery drain

V 10.5

>  Tweaked badass experience for better battery life (only with bricked kernel 1.4)

V 10.1

>  Tweaked screen off conservative

V 10.0

>> BIG RELEASE
    >  Added possibility to chose frequency
    >  Added possibility to chose screen off governor

V 1.01

> Fixed freq values in Aroma installer

V 1.0

> Initial Release
    ;)

FAQ in second post

• Witch version could you chose?
    The versions of the mod are two:
    T
    he 3.7 is the older, it's for the bricked 1.1 version AND for other kernels (don't know if all rom will boot up with my mod, some has issues)
    The version 10 and above are for bricked 1.36 and 1.40
    • What setting could you use?
    You can intall what you want, i create those (expecially the 10 versions) witch has the possibilities to be changed as users experience.
    I advice to use default settings if you don't know how change, but, you should try to, it will not brick your phone, in fact, you could find a new setting could it be better for your use.
    So, try try try

One EX:

If you want a faster phone, grow up the minfreq to 300-400mhz, grow up the first phase at 1.2ghz, put the second to 1.2 or more, and change the maxfreq as you would, OC too.

If you want a better battery experience, decrese minfreq, the first and second phase, decrese the maxfreq too, maybe, with this settings: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

If you want the lowest battery experience, try with this setting: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1020 mhz

Be careful, you could have some lags if you chose the lower setting, but, for ex, if you don't play, you can chose a setting as like, 192 - 810 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

So, you have to install, select one setting with you think it's ok, try, if you have lags in some situation, grow up some setting, an re-try til you find your best settages. I don't have your use, so, i don't know if you could have a good esperience with my setting.
    • How to see if mod is working?
    If you have the version 10 or above, you will find a new file in SD card, it calls IBA21ModWorking. if you don't find that, turn on the screen, wait 5 seconds, turn on, refresh the explorer app, and try to see if there is.
    If you have the 3.7v you have to download and install system tuner, and see if all cores are turned on.
    • Why my phone doesen't boot after apply the mod?
    Not al roms has the same quality, some doesen't have some little features; my mod uses a whyle cicle witch chages settings from screen-on use to screen-off (standby). If phone doesen't boot up, rom doesen't have the possibility to use the cycles in the script, so, script is unusefull.
    • Do you need to delete or wipe the rom at every upgrade?
    ABSOLUTELY NO, mod auto removes the old script and changes that with the newer one, so, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING, ONLY FLASH THE UPGRADE OR THE NEW SETTINGS WITCH YOU ARE CHANING!
    enjoy my work and, press a lot of thanks buttons! :d​
    350+ download and 10 thanks.. :(

:p
    upgraded on OP page to V 11.7

changed some settings witch increase the fluidity of the system (with the same power consuption) :D

enjoy, and say many thanks!
    ok, do some easy fix.. now i suppouse it all works good..

to install from other version, please, first time, flash the 3.6, select remove mod and remove uv, reboot, after fist bootup, reboot in recovery and flash the mod