(SOLVED) Phone disconnects from flashmode shortly after connecting.

Search This thread

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
Hey guys

I am trying to flash the generic UK rom on my Xperia Z using flashtool but it gets stuck at 0%, It doesn't even flash anything the phone stays intact. Does anyone know how to sort this?

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaRealSaad

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
Which version of flashtool are you using?

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
I'm using flashtool 0.9.10.1 on Windows 8 64-bit.

EDIT: Here's a log that may help

19/002/2013 04:02:35 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
19/002/2013 04:02:35 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.10.1 built on 2013-01-09 19:49:47
19/002/2013 04:02:35 - INFO - You can drag and drop ftf files here to start flashing them
19/002/2013 04:02:40 - INFO - Device disconnected
19/003/2013 04:03:05 - INFO - Selected C6603_Generic Uk_No Branding.ftf
19/003/2013 04:03:05 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
19/005/2013 04:05:46 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Reading device information
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Phone ready for flashmode operations.
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Current device : C6603 - CB5A1PKLNS - 1270-6350_R8A - 1269-5309_10.1.A.1.350 - GLOBAL-LTE_10.1.A.1.350
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Start Flashing
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Processing loader
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Checking header
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Flashing data
(It doesn't get pass this step and stays at 0%)

Last edited:

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
I found out that i was not using the Beta5 version which is the one indicated for the Xperia Z and now im facing a different problem,

The phone doesn't stay in flashmode for more than some 30 seconds, then it disconnects and boots normally and i still can't flash the phone.

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
I found out that i was not using the Beta5 version which is the one indicated for the Xperia Z and now im facing a different problem,

The phone doesn't stay in flashmode for more than some 30 seconds, then it disconnects and boots normally and i still can't flash the phone.

Yes it is, it happens for all xperia models
Ll give you the idea
1. Install flashtool beta 5
2. Install Xperia Z flashmode and fastboot drivers from drivers folder of flashtool installation directory
3. Copy the ftf to firmwares folder
4. Don't connect the phone, now flash the ftf and wait till it prepares the files for flashing (believe me this WILL take a while)
5. Now when it asks to connect after preparing, switch off the device and connect by pressing the volume down button
6. Now it starts! Solved?
Press THANKS if I helped!

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
Ll give you the idea
2. Install Xperia Z flashmode and fastboot drivers from drivers folder of flashtool installation directory
4. Don't connect the phone, now flash the ftf and wait till it prepares the files for flashing (believe me this WILL take a while)
5. Now when it asks to connect after preparing, switch off the device and connect by pressing the volume down button

Thank you for that guide :)

I followed your steps but the same happens, phone disconnects from flashmode to boot normally. I even tried using a Windows 7 pc but same issue.
However, if I use SUS phone remains connected and the process runs well. If i connect with flashtool (or without any programme at all) it will disconnect after some seconds,

Futura2000

Dec 7, 2010
smash_07 install pc companion and go through the steps for doing a software repair it will install the drivers, as the drivers dont always install properly from the flashtool drivers folder even though it says there installed, once the s1 boot drivers have installed cancel the software repair and then open flashtool and go through the normal steps and you should find it'll start flashing the software for you, as I had problems like you until I did what I posted, also make sure there is no other sony apps running as that can stop the flash from starting.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
Thank you for that guide :)

I followed your steps but the same happens, phone disconnects from flashmode to boot normally. I even tried using a Windows 7 pc but same issue.
However, if I use SUS phone remains connected and the process runs well. If i connect with flashtool (or without any programme at all) it will disconnect after some seconds,

Confused, it is normal that it gets disconnected after some time but it is so peculiar that it disconnects so fast! Try the solution posted by the other guy and share the solution, ll figure out another way if it fails

Ps: Before starting flashtool make sure that adb isn't running. Open task manager in windows, kill adb.exe if present and then open flashtool, follow the guide I posted earlier and when the part comes that the preparation of files is complete and when you connect your device, make sure that none of sony related apps are running (sus, pcc, emma). If they do, EXIT them first (closing them will minimise them to system tray so exit them from there). This also can be done before opening flashtool.

Last edited:

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
I did all you suggested but in the end i get always the same result, phone disconnects from flashboot shortly after connecting, eccept inside Sony Update Service or PC Companion.

I unistalled all the drivers, even Sony's apps a reinstalled PC companion to install the drivers again. I used another pc with Windows 7 32bits and I get the same behavior, disconnects from flashmode in about 30 seconds.

I'm starting to think that there's someting wrong with the phone itself, which i hope not.

S

shadowboy23

I did all you suggested but in the end i get always the same result, phone disconnects from flashboot shortly after connecting, eccept inside Sony Update Service or PC Companion.

I unistalled all the drivers, even Sony's apps a reinstalled PC companion to install the drivers again. I used another pc with Windows 7 32bits and I get the same behavior, disconnects from flashmode in about 30 seconds.

I'm starting to think that there's someting wrong with the phone itself, which i hope not.

Where do you see the percentage when flashing?

I made a tutorial on HOW TO FLASH STOCK ROMs WITH FLASHTOOL and I don't see the percentage. It justs tells me that flashing is complete.

Last edited:

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
Where do you see the percentage when flashing?

I made a tutorial on HOW TO FLASH STOCK ROMs WITH FLASHTOOL and I don't see the percentage. It justs tells me that flashing is complete.
The issue has changed now, the percentage was because i was not using the correct flashtool version for the the Z.

The problem now is the phone disconnecting from flashmode in about 30 secs after connecting and flashtool never gets to start flashing it,

EDIT: Changed the thread title to reflect the new issue now.

Last edited:
S

shadowboy23

The issue has changed now, the percentage was because i was not using the correct flashtool version for the the Z.

The problem now is the phone disconnecting from flashmode in about 30 secs after connecting and flashtool never gets to start flashing it,

EDIT: Changed the thread title to reflect the new issue now.

Have you installed the driver using the flashtool? Not talking about the PC companion driver?

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
Am confused, 30 secs is more than enough to start the flashing process, are you saying that the flashing doesn't start in 30 secs? If so, that's why I told you not to connect the phone at start and after the preparation of files is complete and when it asks you to connect, try connecting and immediately the process should begin. Even if you have connected the device before, no probs. Flashtool don't need the phone till preparation of files is complete, so you disconnect whenever befor you want, the time where it pops a popup asking you to connect the device (shows an animation) is where you should properly conmect and leave it aside. It will and it should start immediately

smash_07

Jul 23, 2011
Got the problem!

It was the firmware package that is corrupted. I tried using the UK .434 instead and it flashed with no problems or hickups. So the drivers and the phone were working well all along and the problem was where we less expected, in the firmware package.

I got the UK .350 firmware from here so there must be an error that has to be addressed with it.

Many thanks for your help :)

Reactions: flatpedals

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Hi all, if anyone is having trouble flashing with flash tool because usb debugging isn't enabled error then do this procedure.......

1. Dowload latest flash tool 0.9.18.8 and also version 0.6.6

2. Try use the latest version first to Flash the tft rom. NOTE: remember the file it has error flashing e.g on my experia sp file system.sin was not able to Flash bcoz usb debugging error (enable usb debugging and unknown sources) ALL THE REST of the files flashed ok!

3.try flash again the rom but this time tick system.sin (or error file) in flashtool to exclude it from flashing. Make sure all other files are included. Also tick all wipe caches options and flash rom without system.sin (or error file).

4. Flash procedure will work. Now disconnect phone and leave it off without restarting it.

5. Uninstall flashtool latest version 0.9.18.8 and install flashtool 0.6.6 old version and open it to Flash the same rom BUT THIS TIME only select the system.sin file (or error file) to be flashed and rest excluded. Make sure all wipe options in flashtool are enabled and Flash! THE FLASH WILL WORK WITHOUT USB DEBUGGING ERROR and your phone will be fixed!

Press thanks if it helped!

Last edited:
Reactions: leskal

jai6565

Oct 24, 2016
hey i am having same problem with sony xperia m dual c2004. During flashing in flashtool 0.9.13-22 all version tried i got same error 31 (A device attached is not functioning). Problem is my device auto disconnect after 30 second and reconnect in 3 second and this process goes in loop. On usb connect green led blink once and than no light for 30 second. My device is not functioning it has bootloop issue. Tried ftf files version 15.1.A.1.5 and 15.1.A.2.5 both give same results. Is this a hardware problem or i am doing some mistake. Please give me solution i am new here. Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ll give you the idea

Am confused, 30 secs is more than enough to start the flashing process, are you saying that the flashing doesn't start in 30 secs? If so, that's why I told you not to connect the phone at start and after the preparation of files is complete and when it asks you to connect, try connecting and immediately the process should begin. Even if you have connected the device before, no probs. Flashtool don't need the phone till preparation of files is complete, so you disconnect whenever befor you want, the time where it pops a popup asking you to connect the device (shows an animation) is where you should properly conmect and leave it aside. It will and it should start immediately

Hey guys

I am trying to flash the generic UK rom on my Xperia Z using flashtool but it gets stuck at 0%, It doesn't even flash anything the phone stays intact. Does anyone know how to sort this?
    Hey guys

Which version of flashtool are you using?

Got the problem!

It was the firmware package that is corrupted. I tried using the UK .434 instead and it flashed with no problems or hickups. So the drivers and the phone were working well all along and the problem was where we less expected, in the firmware package.

I got the UK .350 firmware from here so there must be an error that has to be addressed with it.

Many thanks for your help :)