Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
F

fonehackezhs

hey guys! I Am 1st to give samsung galaxy y an upgrade of cyanogen mod 7..... i dont own fone so creed tested the rom and said that rom boots but touch is not working so me,kjain and many r working on this as this is 1st upgrade to galaxy y..........
i am fonehackezhs.... i tried to port cyanogen mod 7 for galaxy y as many users requested me to do that........... now all r you happy to get a *port*>?:D
I, KJAIN DONT OWN THIS DEVICE AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE...... BUT DONT WORRY I AM WITH YOU!

This rom is cyanogen mod 7 ported by me ..... guys i will upload build.prop in some days... replace with normal one and then flash the rom!

ME AND KJAIN ARE DEVELOPERS OF MICROMAX A60

Rom is under construction....... so i just ported but dont know that will it boot or not so i will giv u links of rom and you can check that if it boots or not!
Cyanogen mod is current days very popular so i tried to port to your device

I know there are many developers here but i am not joining your community to help u... till u guys get *ICS* port......

Link of my rom is here

How to flash rom​
Backup your current Rom
Make a full wipe
Flash ROM
Reboot
Every thing of your fone should be stock ... just stock otherwise u can also brick your phone :)

Change meta-inf folder.. with some rom which boots up! because many of u said rom fails to install so if u change meta-inf den only it will get a flash !

Instruction-:
1 Dont post silly things in thread
2 stay to topic
3 dont say me "our system is diffrent i know rom will not boot" i have tried to port rom wid diffrent system like u guys and vollia it booted!
4 Dont ask how to flash... as i have written how to flash
5 if u get any errors tell me otherwise kjain.......

SO, please all developers,tester help us in this cyanogen mod 7 port.......

My friend Kjain is also helping me and you in ports........ he is also a developer... he had ported cm7 to micromax a60..... i also ported cm7 to mmx a60 l0l.........:D
913header.jpg

Last edited:
R

rohan.arya007

I am Here to Help You

Guys i am kshitij jain and one of good friend of fonehackezh. We both workinhg for developing roms for micromax a60. Now we are here to help you guys. We will provide u all help u want regarding porting cm7 to you phone. You can contact both of us for any help. We both will be happy to help u.

evanlocked

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2012
bandung
oprekgalaxyyoung.blogspot.com
I think it doesn't work with stock kernel sir

First we must have custom kernel to handle it

Many dev is trying hard to make custom kernel first for sgy

Becouse any problem found in caynogen mod rom
Like force close app and bootlop

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA App

Reactions: szLonsz

evanlocked

Feb 12, 2012
bandung
Its nice to hear but if I apply this rom it will work or softbrick or hardbrick sir..
?????:rolleyes
Guys i am kshitij jain and one of good friend of fonehackezh. We both workinhg for developing roms for micromax a60. Now we are here to help you guys. We will provide u all help u want regarding porting cm7 to you phone. You can contact both of us for any help. We both will be happy to help u.

Reactions: zeusseuz

repencis

Jan 26, 2012
hey guys!
i am fonehackezhs.... i tried to port cyanogen mod 7 for galaxy y as many users requested me to do that...........
I, KJAIN DONT OWN THIS DEVICE AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE...... BUT DONT WORRY I AM WITH YOU!

This rom is cyanogen mod 7 ported by me ..... guys i will upload build.prop in some days... replace with normal one and then flash the rom!

ME AND KJAIN ARE DEVELOPERS OF MICROMAX A60

Rom is under construction....... so i just ported but dont know that will it boot or not so i will giv u links of rom and you can check that if it boots or not!
Cyanogen mod is current days very popular so i tried to port to your device

I know there are many developers here but i am not joining your community to help u... till u guys get *ICS* port......

Link of my rom is here

How to flash rom​
Backup your current Rom
Make a full wipe
Flash ROM
Reboot

SO, please all developers,tester help us in this cyanogen mod 7 port.......

My friend Kjain is also helping me and you in ports........ he is also a developer... he had ported cm7 to micromax a60..... i also ported cm7 to mmx a60 l0l.........:D

are u have see gyoung system??
gyoung is rfs format not ext4 :D
and nothing file format .ko in folder lib module ramdisk.. in galye out of folder lib i have try this not work stuk in samsung :D

F

fonehackezhs

try then complaint :)

GUYS 1st try it then tel.......
why are you asking ?
cant you guys try?

R

rohan.arya007

still downloading, will try soon

Guys just click on the signatures of both of ours and see that we are already working good in a60. So dont think we r new and ur device will brick and all that stuff. See my and fonehackezh number of posts and number of thanks and u can think how we worked for a60 guys thats why got this much thanks in this much post.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I think it doesn't work with stock kernel sir

First we must have custom kernel to handle it

Many dev is trying hard to make custom kernel first for sgy

Becouse any problem found in caynogen mod rom
Like force close app and bootlop

it will work bro when we start developing for our device we also dont have custom kernel as we dont have source at that tym. we dont have source now but got .32 kernel from zte claro which is just rebranded version of micromax a60 launched in Argentina

Last edited:

evanlocked

Feb 12, 2012
bandung
Ok sir just cool I will try and report
Oh first I have a question I'm in custom rom now should I go back to stock rom before applying this???
Guys just click on the signatures of both of ours and see that we are already working good in a60. So dont think we r new and ur device will brick and all that stuff. See my and fonehackezh number of posts and number of thanks and u can think how we worked for a60 guys thats why got this much thanks in this much post.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

it will work bro when we start developing for our device we also dont have custom kernel as we dont have source at that tym. we dont have source now but got .32 kernel from zte claro which is just rebranded version of micromax a60 launched in Argentina

F

fonehackezhs

Oh first I have a question I'm in custom rom now should I go back to stock rom before applying this???

ya u need to get back to stock and then flash this rom oderwise u can also brick ya fone

everything should be stock everything

R

rohan.arya007

No need to go to stock rom

yes its necessary to go back to the stock rom,and also go in recovery wipe data, wipe cache , wipe dalvik cache and thats it now u can install the rom.............
but dont forget to wipe these things or u will get bootloop.

Last edited:

ronnieryan

Jan 9, 2012
Dumaguete
ya u need to get back to stock and then flash this rom oderwise u can also brick ya fone

everything should be stock everything

Nope its not necessary to go back to the stock rom, just go in recovery wipe data, wipe cache , wipe dalvik cache and thats it now u can install the rom.............
but dont forget to wipe these things or u will get bootloop.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

rohan is it necessary i think no bcz wipe things will be ok

ur answers dont match?

F

fonehackezhs

just do role back..... oderwise u can brick ya fone :D

guys i am going.... ask all questions from kjain as he is also developer and also post is rom booted rom not.......
bye! i vil cum back tom :)

Last edited:
R

rohan.arya007

ur answers dont match?

i made changes in our phone its not necessary to roll back to stock one but rohan told me that its necessary in galaxy y so just roll back to stock one

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Installation aborted xd

why what error its shows??????????

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Ok ok try it hope not get a hardbrick haha thi is the chelenge I will try

flashing roms without wiping cache, data and dalvik cache may brick the phone but when u do these things then hard brick will not be done

2ndly.... If rom will not boot then just again wipe everything and return back to stock one and tell the errors that will come, we will make our next version by removing these errors

kr0ez

Jan 15, 2012
I still like to commend you guys for showing interest in porting cm7 for our device
Thanks ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made it boot...bt touchscreen not workin :p so lft that !!

I will help in making CM7 for Galaxy Y.I have ported CM7.2 to Optimus Me and ICS (developing stage) and my facebook Group for Optimus Me Development.I dont own this device but my friend has this device.So i will try .So you got it booting ??
    have you replaced the touch screen files with galaxy Y files ??
    files in the usr folder (icu) also the touchscreen firmware files ??

do you have the logcat and dmsg outputs ??
    TO the OP-Galaxy Y has COMPLETELY different hardware.it's a broadcom soc,entirely different from the qualcomm's u r porting from.Think logically,how r u gonna make it boot?
    I m pretty sure u wud've thought that up,but nevertheless i say it again

Building from source would be a viable option,which is kinda impossible without having the device yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

I made it boot...bt touchscreen not workin :p so lft that !!
    i builded up a kernel ...if its workin i can make it AOSP/CM supported !!

i need someone to test.

Download- HERE

ODIN Flashable.
    agreed. no point in bickering, neither is it fun to read. :eek:

so, what the f*ck to do :mad: on that pesky flash counter residing in secret partition mmcblk0boot0 ? :confused:

this is so exciting :)

-a developer duo who wants to help ( OP)
    -a developer who already made a break through and keeps bugging the OP of this thread ( doky ) ( hi doky !XD )
    -a developer who I love the most aside from nAa and paul-xxx and does not agree with the second developer who I mentioned (creeds)

THIS IS GOING TO BE A VERY BIG STEP IN STARTING CM7 ON Y.

(anyway XDA says im already a senior member YEHEY!)
    All u need to do is to remove the "assert" part completely from the updater-script !! edit with notepad++ save and den re-flash ...