OUYA OTA downloads

Search This thread

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
1.0.439 - Released: 13. August 2013

Users report that the ability to download from Play Store is broken, but DRM checks pass. So should be avoided for now, unless you need the Ethernet fix. It's mostly ui improvements on the surface, but they may be changing the framework to close out Play Store. Stock plus, here I come.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

hmm i'm on 1.0.439 and didnt have any issues with playstore. did use the xposed modpack on rooted and busyboxed stock rom.
i'm using wireless lan, if it does make a difference

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
hmm i'm on 1.0.439 and didnt have any issues with playstore. did use the xposed modpack on rooted and busyboxed stock rom.
i'm using wireless lan, if it does make a difference

It looks like they were localized issues, but still worthy of note.

I'm going to install stock plus anyway. I just bought My Backup Pro on sale, which now has local network backup transfers. Sending an apk to and from my 32gb Nexus 7 or Galaxy S3 will make for much more actual gameplay time and help with compatibility blocking of games.

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
It looks like they were localized issues, but still worthy of note.

I'm going to install stock plus anyway. I just bought My Backup Pro on sale, which now has local network backup transfers. Sending an apk to and from my 32gb Nexus 7 or Galaxy S3 will make for much more actual gameplay time and help with compatibility blocking of games.

I wouldn't do that unless you are still on 409 and havent updated to 439.... they have a check to see what apk version is running and if its older ( a downgrade in this instance ) itll just stop working.

I'm hoping to have a 439 base up today but my god did they really screw around with the launcher....

Reactions: indyssee

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
I wouldn't do that unless you are still on 409 and havent updated to 439.... they have a check to see what apk version is running and if its older ( a downgrade in this instance ) itll just stop working.

I'm hoping to have a 439 base up today but my god did they really screw around with the launcher....

I haven't updated, I'm downloading the zip now. Then I'll turn off the router, before turning on the OUYA and installing the zip.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

SGS2Pwns

Jul 28, 2011
I installed the latest stockplus, but now want to update to latest OTA , how can I do that now?
Please help, thanks !

flamepanther

Mar 5, 2011
I installed the latest stockplus, but now want to update to latest OTA , how can I do that now?
Please help, thanks !

Well, if you made a backup before you flashed a custom ROM, which you should always do, you can restore the backup and then run the normal OTA process from there. Otherwise, I guess you could wait for the skumler mirror (discussed above) to work again, or for someone to put up another mirror.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

SGS2Pwns

Jul 28, 2011
Well, if you made a backup before you flashed a custom ROM, which you should always do, you can restore the backup and then run the normal OTA process from there. Otherwise, I guess you could wait for the skumler mirror (discussed above) to work again, or for someone to put up another mirror.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

its okay i figured it out,
i downloaded latest OTA

You can get the latest ROM directly from OUYA by going to this link: https://devs.ouya.tv/api/firmware_builds

On the page, you will see the link looking like this: "http://x.cloudfront.net/ota/RC-OUYA-1.x.x-r1_ota.zip" in a big wall of txt.

Flashed using CWM, got into recovery using the "Mod Collection" apk.

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
@rayman I know this is totally irrelevant, I cannot pm you here nor comment on your blog, any chance you can support the tegra note 7 on wheelie, it currently hangs on reading rcmver, fails reading rcmvers, anyhelp appreciated thank you

rayman

Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
@rayman I know this is totally irrelevant, I cannot pm you here nor comment on your blog, any chance you can support the tegra note 7 on wheelie, it currently hangs on reading rcmver, fails reading rcmvers, anyhelp appreciated thank you

While it's entirely off-topic here, I'll do a quick reply:
Tegra4 does not appear to be possible to support in wheelie at this time.
Is there a full ROM available for download anywhere? None of us in AndroidRoot.Mobi has this device, so it's hard to say for sure.

You can contact me at rayman@androidroot.mobi if you wish, but it's pretty unlikely anything will come from this.

Reactions: Shaky156

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
While it's entirely off-topic here, I'll do a quick reply:
Tegra4 does not appear to be possible to support in wheelie at this time.
Is there a full ROM available for download anywhere? None of us in AndroidRoot.Mobi has this device, so it's hard to say for sure.

You can contact me at rayman@androidroot.mobi if you wish, but it's pretty unlikely anything will come from this.

Hi, it's somehow let me message you on here now, I've pm'd you the ROM containing the blob file. If you need me to test wheelie PM me on here and I shall test and report results and logs if required thank you

Top Liked Posts